• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM #214

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
_leech_ said:
- Capcom will Releasing a new version of Dead Rising when it becomes a Greatest Hit, adding online co-op. The feature will be made availible as a download as well, for a price.
- Gears of War DLC coming soon, ranked Achievements may switch to player matches.
- Rez coming to XLA.
!
Review Scores - Wii
SSX Blur: 5.5, 4.5, 6.5
Tiger Woods PGA tour 07: 7.5, 8, 6.5

Review Scores - Playstation 3
Motorstorm: 7.5, 7.5, 9

Review Scores - Playstation 3/Xbox 360
Armored Core 4: 4, 6.5, 4
:(
Oh, and Ratchet & Clank Future looks ****ing unbelievable.
!!!

Amir0x

Banned
Wario64 said:
REZ AND MOTHER****IN EVERY EXTEND EXTRA ON XBLA? OMG. THIS IS MEGATON. **** THE PLAYSTATION HOME NEWS. **** WOW. PLEASE DONT **** IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111

Rez on XBLA ftw :bow:

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Reznor said:
Simmer the **** down.. :lol

Shit man, I play Every Extend Extra like everyday on commute. Playing it on a HDTV with surround sound will make me go ISAMU!!!!!!

tanod

when is my burrito
jamesinclair said:
And like always, here are the review average scores for easier reading

Where the **** did you learn to do averages? Are you 10 years old?

Inflating the Wii scores and deflating the PS3 scores?! You're pathetic.

Review Scores - Wii
Sonic and the Secret Rings: 6.5
Kororinpa: Marble Mania: 7.33
SSX Blur: 5.5
Wing Island: 3.33 [Shame of the Month]
Tiger Woods PGA tour 07: 7.33

Formula One Championship Edition: 7.17
Motorstorm: 8

Virtua Tennis 3: 7.33
Armored Core 4: 4.84
Def Jam: Icon: 6.84
Major League Baseball 2K7: 7.17

Review Scores - Playstation 2
Shining Force Exa: 5.67
God of War 2: 9.17 [Game of the Month]

Review Scores - Playstation Portable
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters: 7.5
After Burner: Black Falcon: 4.67

EDIT: I'm not the kind to argue over scores, but I'm not gonna let an idiot like you provide "helpful" information when it's blatantly wrong!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Hmmm...too bad about the SF:EXA scores but I'll get it anyway. Famitsu gave the game a great score. I enjoyed Shining Force Neo (even though its not much of a shining force game), so I bet I'll enjoy EXA as well.

dfyb

Banned
kenta said:
What happened with MotorStorm? Paraphrased summary please?
based on the podcasts and 1up show, i assume it's going to be something like

"waaaah they put me on a ATV and mean big rigs ran me over again and again. no split screen. waaaaahh"

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
So I presume the R&C article contains some info asides from pics we're not allowed to see? :p

The internets needs that info! :)

Bebpo

Banned
tanod said:
Where the **** did you learn to do averages? Are you 10 years old?

Inflating the Wii scores and deflating the PS3 scores?! You're pathetic.

EDIT: I'm not the kind to argue over scores, but I'm not gonna let an idiot like you provide "helpful" information when it's blatantly wrong!

He does it every month and everyone calls him out as an idiot each time. Don't let him get to you.

tanod

when is my burrito
Bebpo said:
He does it every month and everyone calls him out as an idiot each time. Don't let him get to you.

Grrr! I'll remember that for next time. Thanks Bebpo.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
tanod said:
Grrr! I'll remember that for next time. Thanks Bebpo.

he actually inflated the Virtua Tennis score too, so not sure if there's a clear agenda.

i wish people wouldn't make rumours like that Dead Rising one. don't tease with that kind of shit. don't get my hopes up even if there's only a 5% chance it won't happen.

edit: i wish the mods would make waggle a banned term. people only use it disparagingly.

Kifimbo

My point is that they are inconsistent over the years.

Don't get me wrong: I like the fact that they use the whole 0-10 scale right now, like 10-15 years ago. Like Edge. But it wasn't like that during last gen.

Link316

Banned
Rumors
- Namco Bandai making a PS3 action game starring KOS-MOS.

oh yes!

- Capcom will Releasing a new version of Dead Rising when it becomes a Greatest Hit, adding online co-op. The feature will be made availible as a download as well, for a price.

PS3 Dead Rising confirmed?! ;)

Amir0x

Banned
no. he could post a page with blacked out text AND images, and still no. Don't worry guys, GDC is RIGHT around the corner i am sure we'll get some stuff to see... in motion

besiktas1

_leech_ said:
Got my issue today, hope this hasn't been posted already.

Rumors
- Namco Bandai making a PS3 action game starring KOS-MOS.
- Resistance map pack in the Spring.
- Gears of War DLC coming soon, ranked Achievements may switch to player matches.
- Warhawk to be download only.
- Every Extend Extra and Rez coming to XLA.
- A mystery publisher is teaming up with the Food Network.
- A new Need for Speed coming in the Fall, and it's a sim.
Holy crap, please be true,
As for Need for speed Yay, I always did like the NFS franchise, but whats this about a sim :/

Amir0x

Banned
plagiarize said:
edit: i wish the mods would make waggle a banned term. people only use it disparagingly.

how is waggle in any way inherently 'disparaging'? Unless you can make THAT argument, nothing will be banned. If your intent is to claim that people who use it are automatically trying to say 'wiggling' and 'waving' is negative, then you have bigger places than GAF to slay.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
_leech_ said:
Capcom will Releasing a new version of Dead Rising when it becomes a Greatest Hit, adding online co-op. The feature will be made availible as a download as well, for a price.

_leech_ said:
Capcom will Releasing a new version of Dead Rising adding online co-op.

_leech_ said:
A new version of Dead Rising adding online co-op.

_leech_ said:
Dead Rising ... online co-op.

!!!!

Emowii

Banned
I'm really suprised we didn't get Guitar Hero 2 (360) scores.

Also, those Virtua Tennis 3 scores are shockingly low. I figured that game was a sure thing for strong scores. :(

Don't have a scanner, so you won't be finding any scans from me on any other site. I only just got the issue and haven't read it all. Here are some R&C pointers though:

- They make a note of mentioning that all the screens are in-game. You'll be surprised because i can't see a single bit of aliasing anywhere.
- Bringing different emotional expressions into enemies. "Our goal is to get a performance out of the enemies and to have special moments where they will work with environments."
- The new Tomado Launcher weapon uses the Sixaxis controls to guide the projectile (other weapons will use motion controls too).

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
_leech_ said:
Rumors

- Resistance map pack in the Spring.
- Warhawk to be download only.

Formula One Championship Edition: 7.5, 6.5, 7.5
Motorstorm: 7.5, 7.5, 9

Armored Core 4: 4, 6.5, 4

Review Scores - Playstation 2

Oh, and Ratchet & Clank Future looks ****ing unbelievable.

Im simi excited about everything listed here, but those are some bad reviews. Meh, 1 bad review is anothers awesome game :D

Amir0x

Banned
<insert explanation about how scores 7.0+ are 'good' in the EGM scale>
<everyone ignores and says the scale starts at 7>

Dante

_leech_ said:
Don't have a scanner, so you won't be finding any scans from me on any other site. I only just got the issue and haven't read it all. Here are some R&C pointers though:

- They make a note of mentioning that all the screens are in-game. You'll be surprised because i can't see a single bit of aliasing anywhere.
- Bringing different emotional expressions into enemies. "Our goal is to get a performance out of the enemies and to have special moments where they will work with environments."
- The new Tomado Launcher weapon uses the Sixaxis controls to guide the projectile (other weapons will use motion controls too).

:D Thanks.

_leech_ said:
- The new Tomato Launcher weapon uses the Sixaxis controls to guide the projectile (other weapons will use motion controls too).

There has to be better info than that!

besiktas1 said:
Holy crap, please be true,
As for Need for speed Yay, I always did like the NFS franchise, but whats this about a sim :/

Hehe the funny thing is, the first NFS was more of a sim then from 2 and up they went the arcade route.

ylvis_

Banned
I so disagree with the SSX Blur scores. I've been playing it for a few days now, and quality wise it's up there with the rest of the SSX games. I don't know about you guys, but I feel the reviewers have only played this game for a couple of hours, which is sad if true.

I really hope the Need for Speed rumor is fake, 'cause I want another Most Wanted. Most Wanted was in my opinion so much better than the "night setting" NFS games like the undergrounds and Carbon.

NomarTyme said:
Wonder what they said about this game.

Tiger Woods Wii:

The Good: Real courses, great pace of play.
The Bad: No power meter for putting, shaky backswing causes problems.
Manlier Than: Super Swing Golf.

adg1034 said:
What's next month's issue going to be on?

God of War II Afterthoughts
Hands-on with Burnout 5 and Forza 2
A look at how gaming will evolve in the next two decades.

Hagi23

:lol @ all these low scores for Motorstorm like IGN refusing to give it a 9 and now these two idiots at EGM giving it a 7.5 its disgusting, good to know at least someone at EGM still has half a brain left. Its too bad that no matter what lame game reviewers give this game it's still going to be hit and system seller for the PS3.

On a related note i really think there should be a age limit with game reviewers because if i have to listen to the 1up guys for example go on and on about how much fun garbage games like Viva Pinta and Crackdown are and then turning around and mehing really fun games like Resistance and Motorstorm im going to go freaking crazy.

Maybe its a system bias? :)

Top Bottom