• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM #214

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ram said:
its the apri`l issue? good joke with rez - since it is a sega property...

The previous issue said Mizuguchi is following up with a Space Channel 5 sequel...

Shawn

Banned
Blech. Two 7.5's for Motorstorm?

Like I mentioned in a thread earlier this week, if EGM gave the game an average score of anything less than a "9.0", I would not be interested in buying the game.

Now I seriously hope to God that in next month's issue of EGM, Oblivion doesn't get anything less than a 9.0.

Amir0x

Banned
man if they add even one new stage to that REZ XBLA, i'm done. I'm going back to poppin' ecstasy and buying myself a 360 tomorrow.

LukeSmith

sonycowboy said:
Both of those guys were on the 1up podcast with Shane with the same comments, correct? I think they were a bit egged on by Shane's "watershed, landmark game" comments. I think we all know that the game is a bit on the skimpy side regarding extra's and the progression system is bonked, but I've heard absolutely nothing but praise on the actual gameplay, graphics, and online.

Kind of the exact same situation as Gears of War, except for the scores.

Gears single player > Motorstorm single player. The mere existence of online, campaign co-op in Gears of War diffuses your argument that amounts to little beyond a desperate attempt to parallel these two games and their roles in their respective portfolios.

MightyHedgehog said:
But there's nothing really wrong with the save system...

Well that's just a matter of opinion, I suppose.

At the very least they should allow multiple save files (some people used a HDD and two memory cards to get three saves, come on, that's silly to need to do that) and some kind of checkpoint after beating bosses.

Game-Biz

_leech_ said:
SSX Blur: 5.5, 4.5, 6.5
gskarumahit1dw5yr.gif

Seriously, WTF?

ICallItFutile said:
Rez on XBLA would save me from buying the (more then likely) much more expensive PS2 version (something I've been considering for awhile).

If you have a PS2 that can play imports you should consider just getting the Japanese version.

Failing that Rez has seen somewhat of a slight reprint. Not exactly sure but I'm starting to see copies floating around EBgames(course they ain't cheap).

But April issue right? Probably just a big joke.

Jim

Shawn said:

Like I mentioned in a thread earlier this week, if EGM gave the game an average score of anything less than a "9.0", I would not be interested in buying the game.

Now I seriously hope to God that in next month's issue of EGM, Oblivion doesn't get anything less than a 9.0.

Your fixation with only buying games with a 9+ score in EGM is bordering on ridiculous... especially since 3 people review the games, providing 3 somewhat different perspectives and scores.

Shawn said:

I have been playing Oblivion on the 360 and it a great game. All you PS3 onwer need to buy it. Why does a game have to score a 9.0 to be good?

nelsonroyale said:
All I wants to know about is R & C.. can you give some details of the pics?
They're pretty. And colorful.
And pretty colorful.

Honestly, you just have to see them for yourself. You'll want them super high-res. Smack yourself if you haven't subscribed to EGM, go camp a newsstand or prey that somebody scans them and hides them elsewhere on the interwebs.

I think I made a mess in my pants when I first saw them... but I couldn't tear myself away from the screens to go to the bathroom and check.

Google

LukeSmith said:
Gears single player > Motorstorm single player. The mere existence of online, campaign co-op in Gears of War diffuses your argument that amounts to little beyond a desperate attempt to parallel these two games and their roles in their respective portfolios.

Imagine Gears mixed with Motorstorm!

You've just imagined a 7.5!

7.5 is decent score for a game with no quick race, no split screen, ONLY 8 TRACKS, No replay saves and a poor single player mode ( by most accounts).

why the complaining?

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Well that's just a matter of opinion, I suppose.

At the very least they should allow multiple save files (some people used a HDD and two memory cards to get three saves, come on, that's silly to need to do that) and some kind of checkpoint after beating bosses.
Oh okay, I see. I was thinking that they should allow up to three slots across any storage devices for the same profile, but every time you use more than one for the same character, you lose a slight edge in stats or something. That would make it a challenge to stick with only one save. You know, keep it hardcore. :lol

icecream

Public Health Threat
Rez... of course it's XBLA, so even if it is true, we probably won't see it until 2012.

I wonder when he'll try something completely new again.

Dante

viralmarketeer said:
And pretty colorful.

Honestly, you just have to see them for yourself. You'll want them super high-res. Smack yourself if you haven't subscribed to EGM, go camp a newsstand or prey that somebody scans them and hides them elsewhere on the interwebs.

I think I made a mess in my pants when I first saw them... but I couldn't tear myself away from the screens to go to the bathroom and check.

*drools

viralmarketeer said:
And pretty colorful.

I live in the uk sniff. The mags hard to come by sniff

peace

Game-Biz said:
gskarumahit1dw5yr.gif

Seriously, WTF?

5.5 = Andrew P.
4.5 = Todd.
6.5 = Jennifer

They all hated the controls, the track designs are poor, and "performing tricks is less about the finesse the franchise is known for and more about the random waving of limbs."

sonycowboy said:
Both of those guys were on the 1up podcast with Shane with the same comments, correct? I think they were a bit egged on by Shane's "watershed, landmark game" comments. I think we all know that the game is a bit on the skimpy side regarding extra's and the progression system is bonked, but I've heard absolutely nothing but praise on the actual gameplay, graphics, and online.

Kind of the exact same situation as Gears of War, except for the scores.
things that make me go HUH?

and lukems... stop getting my hopes up with regards to Dead Rising co op.

Tieno

Kabuki Waq said:
7.5 is decent score for a game with no quick race, no split screen, ONLY 8 TRACKS, No replay saves and a poor single player mode ( by most accounts).

why the complaining?
Probably because of the stuff you listed. (for some people)

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
ram said:
its the apri`l issue? good joke with rez - since it is a sega property...

huh? Sega has already announced support for XBLA.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
OK, what is in Clanks' eyes?

levious said:
huh? Sega has already announced support for XBLA.
True, but they chunked it together with EEE (which is Q-games game, and likely coming as Lumines was released on XBLA too)

Game-Biz

_leech_ said:
5.5 = Andrew P.
4.5 = Todd.
6.5 = Jennifer

They all hated the controls, the track designs are poor, and "performing tricks is less about the finesse the franchise is known for and more about the random waving of limbs."
Damn, should of figured...my gaming tastes almost always differs from all three of those guys..., but damn, that part about "the random waving of limbs" is absolute bullshit.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Wario64 said:
Shit man, I play Every Extend Extra like everyday on commute. Playing it on a HDTV with surround sound will make me go ISAMU!!!!!!

Yeah, I've been playing this recently, I think it's a surprisingly good game and a cool concept. And it's more fun than REZ.

sonic4ever said:
I have been playing Oblivion on the 360 and it a great game. All you PS3 onwer need to buy it. Why does a game have to score a 9.0 to be good?

Agreed. If you have a PS3 but not a 360, Oblivion should be a must buy. I think it was the best game I played last year.

Anyway, :( to EA for dropping Aki from the Def Jam games and trying to turn them into MTV versions of Fight Night. I liked the mechanics in FFNY and wanted a good new-gen version.

Sugarman said:
I wonder if the Rez/E3 coming to XBLA rumour is merely a logical conclusion or if there was any real talk going on about it?

I remember rumblings about at least EEE making it to XBLA when Lumines was announced. Not sure about Rez though. Either way, a banner couple of weeks for XBLA if any of this stuff gets announced at GDC, along side Worms, Hominid, and (!L!U!K!E!) SOTN (?L?U?K?E?).

Rez on xbox is good for all you "sony haters" that haven't played this amazing game because of blinded bias! I was one of the dozen British guys that actually bought the game, fingers crossed it works upscaled on the PS3.

v1cious

Banned
viralmarketeer said:
And pretty colorful.

is it gameplay? or just bullshots.

icecream

Public Health Threat
travisbickle said:
Rez on xbox is good for all you "sony haters" that haven't played this amazing game because of blinded bias! I was one of the dozen British guys that actually bought the game, fingers crossed it works upscaled on the PS3.
It was on the DC too you know.

Top Bottom