• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM Halo 3 cover mag revealed (and new EGM logo)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
egmhalo3vl6.jpg

egmhalo3zoomjpgaq1.jpg

:eek :eek :eek

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Awwww... and I got all excited for nothing... :(

Even without skip saying it was a mockup, it's the same art from the Halo 2 issue...

Not so sure about the second pic though...

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Is this from the 1up show? Maybe they're going with the KID ICARUS WII tactic again. :lol

adelante

If those are indeed mockups then I can see they're trying to bring the whole pixel look over to EGM as they've done wif 1up, GameVideos, Gazerk....using an abbreviated form harkens back to the easily forgettable days of EGM2...

skip

adg1034 said:
Skip/MarkMcD/Luke/any other 1up staffer- thoughts?

everything on the door were mock-ups used to test the redesigned cover logos and coverlines (old halo 2 art, previous guitar hero II art, etc). EGM is finishing up the issue as we speak, and the cover is pretty much always the last thing to get signed off on.

also, we're having an office-wide beard growing competition.

Tieno

skip said:
everything on the door were mock-ups used to test the redesigned cover logos and coverlines (old halo 2 art, previous guitar hero II art, etc). EGM is finishing up the issue as we speak, and the cover is pretty much always the last thing to get signed off on.

Who's winning?

Lo-Volt

skip said:

I see. Is there also a change to the internal layout, or is this just about the cover for EGM? And your competition explains why you look so dark and mysterious in the 1up Show opening theme (since I couldn't load anything else).

adelante

skip said:

And I suppose Luke's got himself a headstart :lol

adg1034

Yes, I know those were mockups. I was wondering about people's thoughts on the new, more 8-bit logo/magazine layout as opposed to the old one.

Also, wow, that was fast. Such service. Now, if it only worked when we called out Cliffy or Denis, or whatever username Ted Price goes by here...

skip

Tieno said:
Who's winning?

too early to tell. we've got a few more weeks of the growing stage to go through, then after that it's customization and judging. that's where you win or lose a whiskerino.

I'm defending champ from '04, but I've got my eye on rob from gamevideos and darren from GFW. they have me on density and speed, but I make up a lot of ground in the creative category. luke refused to shave to compete, so he's doing his own thing as an exhibition.

skip

adg1034 said:
Yes, I know those were mockups. I was wondering about people's thoughts on the new, more 8-bit logo/magazine layout as opposed to the old one.

oooooooh I see. personally, I like it. was never a big fan of the previous red-heavy design...the new EGM is more in line with 1UP network stuff (like adelante picked up on). after the adjustment period (OMG IT'S NEW AND THEREFORE SUCKS!), I think most people will like the new design.

adg1034

skip said:
too early to tell. we've got a few more weeks of the growing stage to go through, then after that it's customization and judging. that's where you win or lose a whiskerino.

I'm defending champ from '04, but I've got my eye on rob from gamevideos and darren from GFW. they have me on density and speed, but I make up a lot of ground in the creative category. luke refused to shave to compete, so he's doing his own thing as an exhibition.

Wait- Darren's growing a beard? I just can't see that.

Pics?

Tieno

skip said:

:lol Are you guys going to post the pictures on 1up?

adelante

skip said:

What? So you've nabbed a win the Biggest Head category and now you're looking forward to a winning streak for Best Beard? What other bodily competitions do you intend to win man

LukeSmith

adelante said:
What? So you've nabbed a win the Biggest Head category and now you're looking forward to a winning streak for Best Beard? What other bodily competitions do you intend to win man

Skip's body wins all sorts of competitions in my eyes.

skip

adelante said:

if it involves irregular or exaggerated feats of bodily manipulation, I intend to emerge victorious.

Lo-Volt

Scoot said:
Skip's body wins all sorts of competitions in my eyes.

Wow. And I have got to say, looking at the new Show intro, Skip's picture is very 'rape time' worthy in addition. He wins again.
Garnett, too. Goddamn.

Top Bottom