• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM Halo 3 cover mag revealed (and new EGM logo)

bengraven

Just get the OPM guys on that. I haven't bought OPM in two years since I stopped playing Sony systems, but I can aknowledge that OPM is one beautiful ****ing magazine. Nice layouts, nice artwork, etc. :)

skip

bengraven said:
Just get the OPM guys on that. I haven't bought OPM in two years since I stopped playing Sony systems, but I can aknowledge that OPM is one beautiful ****ing magazine. Nice layouts, nice artwork, etc. :)

alejandro from OPM is the guy who took our 1UP show photos. he good.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Buttonbasher said:
Look at the cover next to it. GTA? Is that the next cover story??

Yeah! and then Guitar Hero II, and then Zelda!!! They must have this shit planned out like five months in advance...

GDJustin said:
Yeah! and then Guitar Hero II, and then Zelda!!! They must have this shit planned out like five months in advance...

GHII was last months (before GOW) Zelda was a long time ago. They must just be testing the logos. I think GTA IV is next...:D

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Buttonbasher said:
GHII was last months (before GOW) Zelda was a long time ago. They must just be testing the logos. I think GTA IV is next...:D

Oh wait they aren't new at all! LOL! THis is from earlier in this exact topic! :

everything on the door were mock-ups used to test the redesigned cover logos and coverlines (old halo 2 art, previous guitar hero II art, etc). EGM is finishing up the issue as we speak, and the cover is pretty much always the last thing to get signed off on.

GDJustin said:
Oh wait they aren't new at all! LOL! THis is from earlier in this exact topic! :

Yeah, but there hasn't been a GTA cover since maybe san andreas. The characters in that cover aren't the same from SA. I think it my be GTA IV

skip

Buttonbasher said:
Yeah, but there hasn't been a GTA cover since maybe san andreas. The characters in that cover aren't the same from SA. I think it my be GTA IV

sigh, it is not gta iv. they are all mock-ups to test the logo.

adg1034

Whoops. The page I was remembering was a blog post by Crispin containing a poll to see where we, the readers, thought the next GTA would be set. He then went on to say that the answers "would be revealed in the October issue of EGM". I took that to mean that we would find out the true answer in the October issue of EGM, and forgot that we'd already received the October issue. Never mind.

skip

whatdidyousay said:
Any links to her portfolio? (Too lazy to Google...)

Gerry Serrano was AD of GMR--what happened to him?

not sure if she's got stuff online. gerry still freelances for ziff -- he's working on the upcoming buyer's guide right now.

Methodis

Banned
skip you should tell the EGM guys to do something on Harmonix. Like their first game ever - Frequency - turns 5 years old next month and they certainly deserve a feature..... :p

Methodis said:
skip you should tell the EGM guys to do something on Harmonix. Like their first game ever - Frequency - turns 5 years old next month and they certainly deserve a feature..... :p

There is an excellent article on exactly what you're talking about in Edge issue:156 called "Rhythm Faction"

It tells about the whole history of Harmonix. If you can track it down, it's from Dec. 05. Great read.

Buttonbasher said:

Dude, there have been other GTA covers besides San Andreas.

skip said:
not sure if she's got stuff online. gerry still freelances for ziff -- he's working on the upcoming buyer's guide right now.

No offense to her, but I think Gerry's GMR work was great--any idea why he didn't get the AD gig at EGM when GMR folded?

Wario64 said:
halo3zoomedul2.jpg

Teh jaggies

Is Bungie run by robots? How the hell could they have the multiplayer up and running already?

Also I hope they support 64 players. Battlefield 1942 did it several years ago and now its time for a console game to pull that number. And it must 64 players with vehicles!

GhaleonEB

Doom_Bringer said:
Is Bungie run by robots? How the hell could they have the multiplayer up and running already?
From the weekly updates, they've been playing MP for a year already. And it's been nearly two years since Halo 2 went gold. so it's been a while. :p

GhaleonEB said:
From the weekly updates, they've been playing MP for a year already. And it's been nearly two years since Halo 2 went gold. so it's been a while. :p

damn! But I bet they took a long break after finishing Halo 2, most companies take a long break after completing a major project.

Doom_Bringer said:
damn! But I bet they took a long break after finishing Halo 2, most companies take a long break after completing a major project.

If two weeks of vacation is a long break, yeah. Plus, conceptual planning for sequels often begins even before the first game (in this case, Halo 2) is completed.

Jonnyboy117 said:
If two weeks of vacation is a long break, yeah. Plus, conceptual planning for sequels often begins even before the first game (in this case, Halo 2) is completed.

You work at bungie? :O

Top Bottom