• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eiji Aonuma: “No one explicitly said that that was Link.”

DSN2K

the cloak....

IYO.jpg

If this is true, i cannot wait for the 100 page thread on Ganon's whitewashing.

And it will be totally justified.

It's not Ganondorf, that'd be ridiculous. Now if they made a game where you DO play as Ganondorf I'd be all over it, but the similarities on the bracers (they're not exactly the same) are superficial at best.

Ataru

Unconfirmed Member
Don't shake Zelda to its core, there's a lot of good stuff about Zelda, a lot of tried and true traditions, that I don't want thrown out for the sake of being edgy or revolutionary.

What's so edgy about a playable Zelda? Particularly if she's only playable for part of the game, or as an optional alternative to Link?

Safe bet that Link is still going to be playable, and remain a dude.

DVCY201

First I troll half GAF slightly altering Link's appearance so he looked like a girl.

Then Aonuma joins me on my quest to confuse everyone on the fucking internet.

An interesting day, indeed.

That was skillful! Not going to lie, I certainly got fooled. Props to you, ya troll!

Back to talking about the actual game itself...

...I hope that giant robot isn't some lame gameplay convention where it chases you around like Nemesis and you can only damage it but not kill it. All you do is constantly run away from it.

I hate that crap!

DVCY201

Back to talking about the actual game itself...

...I hope that giant robot isn't some lame gameplay convention where it chases you around like Nemesis and you can only damage it but not kill it. All you do is constantly run away from it.

I hate that crap!

In an open-world? I'd be impressed if they could actually pull that off actually.

EDIT: Don't knock Nemesis, he has a rocket launcher!

That trailer for the new Legend of Zelda for the Wii U sure looked great, didn’t it? But what was up with Link? He wasn’t wearing his iconic green tunic or hat. Why did Link look so weird?

he didn't want to offend him so he curves the question

translation: why did "link" look like a girl?

The more I think about it, the fact that this character uses a bow instead of a sword basically confirms that it is not Link, at least as we know him. When has a Zelda game EVER been revealed where Link wasn't swinging the Master Sword around?

jokkir

It is probably zelda or new character . Why would they show link without his his Iconic gear.

Or why were they hesitant to show the characters face at all? I know it's a reveal but still. It was the last 10ish seconds that showed the features of that character.

Soriku

Well now. This makes complete sense. Wow.

You know, this would be the most anticipated game in the series' history - what other series lets you play as the villain after this many established games?

How does it make sense when Ganondorf looks nothing like Link? lol. This seems like bigger reaching than Link is a female.

The gauntlets aren't that similar. Take a look at them again. That's literally the only comparison you can make if you stretch things a bit.

RagnarokX

How about this:

The game takes place after Skyward Sword but before the establishment of the royal family. You play as multiple characters: Link has superior sword skills and Zelda has superior archery and magic. Items are used in different ways depending on the character.

Why would they conceal Link until the final seconds of the trailer?
What was the last time Link didn't wear his green tunic in the first trailer?
When was the last time you saw Link have no sword but have a bow?
Link always looked effeminate but there was never any doubt about his gender until this game. Why would Aonuma say this if it was just Link?

I'm putting money on it, the character is not Link, and might be female.

(I'm joking about corrupt younger ganon) it still would make for a interesting twist if they decided to make a fresh new story that can go any direction

Nanashrew

Banned
Posting again for a new page;

If this is Link, then where is his sword? I've combed the trailer, and this protagonist is only carrying a bow and arrow, which as I said, seems to be the female weapon of choice these days.

When has Link ever been shown without a sword?

Yeah I just noticed this too. "Link" is only holding a bow and a quiver full of arrows and that's it.

Top Bottom