• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eiyuu Senki: The World Conquest |OT| My World Conquest Can't Be This Cute

It looks really cool, but my PS3 has enough of a backlog. Really wish they brought over the Vita version, it seems like a perfect handheld game. I'll buy this eventually but it would have to be next year unfortunately.

pariah164

Would they really be losing sales or taking a reputational hit if they do the eroge version? Maybe I'm speaking out of ignorance, but I don't think a substantial portion of this game's target audience would buy an all ages version but not a 18+ version.
When given the choice, I usually go with the 18+ version, because sometimes, it does matter to the story. I can understand not wanting that content in the PS3 western release of this game, since an AO eating is kind of a death knell. Very few retailers would carry it.

That would be correct. Since we're Europe-based, our submissions go through Sony Europe first. We originally naively planned to release simultaneously in Europe and NA, but that turned out literally impossible since the stores update on different weekdays, and small unexpected differences in submission processes widened the gap a bit further. But it's coming soon!
Ah, at least it sounds like the delay between regions won't be that long.

Ryuukan

It's easy to say that Vita is the more popular platform now in hindsight, but the Vita version wasn't actually out when we licensed Eiyuu Senki.

It can still happen, depending on PS3 version's reception. I've personally been a big fan of Vita from the start, and would love to see Eiyuu Senki there as well.

We were also interested in backporting the game on PC, but for complicated license reasons that wasn't possible unfortunately.

don't even have a PS3 anymore

make the vita one happen pls

Li Kao

don't even have a PS3 anymore

make the vita one happen pls

I really don't understand you Ryuukan (that being said with respect, I'm not attacking you). If memory serves you have at times been pretty vocal about your displeasure with lewd content, and now you want to buy what seems to be the poster child for fan service gaming.

I really don't understand you Ryuukan (that being said with respect, I'm not attacking you). If memory serves you have at times been pretty vocal about your displeasure with lewd content, and now you want to buy what seems to be the poster child for fan service gaming.

I've been wondering the same thing haha. Maybe Ryuukan finally saw the light.

Or it was just trolling.

The fanservice for the PS3 version is really light.

There is a Vita version in Japan, but Fruitbat Factory is waiting to see how the PS3 vein will perform.

It's a visual novel and a strategy simulation game. It's text-heavy, that comes with the territory.

I wonder if there are really more people wanting this sort of game in the West on PS3 in 2016 vs. the Vita?

Shizuka

I wonder if there are really more people wanting this sort of game in the West on PS3 in 2016 vs. the Vita?

Like Fruitbat Factory's own PR/manager shared here:

It's easy to say that Vita is the more popular platform now in hindsight, but the Vita version wasn't actually out when we licensed Eiyuu Senki.

It can still happen, depending on PS3 version's reception. I've personally been a big fan of Vita from the start, and would love to see Eiyuu Senki there as well.

We were also interested in backporting the game on PC, but for complicated license reasons that wasn't possible unfortunately.

Shizuka

It was trolling.

Not really, when I went to look into GAF's reaction to the announcement of both the game and the localization, he was there asking for the game and saying how he wanted it. Not that this topic should turn into Ryuukan's taste for games.

In any case, updated the OT with direct links and prices.

Ryuukan

Not really, when I went to look into GAF's reaction to the announcement of both the game and the localization, he was there asking for the game and saying how he wanted it. Not that this topic should turn into Ryuukan's taste for games.

In any case, updated the OT with direct links and prices.

I'm complicated

and waiting for vita

FiraB

Banned
I wish it was the gold version, it was so much better then the original in terms of difficulty and replay-ability. Will definitely pickup if it comes to vita, although have to get that repaired since the screen decided to crack inside.

Shizuka

A friend just told me about Gold and sent me this image:

axlrmfQ.png

Just finished downloading (2.7GB). My backlog's mammoth so I may not actually play it for a while, or at least not until there's more info around about how to get the different endings etc. Wanted to get it day 1 regardless though.

Shizuka

Just finished downloading (2.7GB). My backlog's mammoth so I may not actually play it for a while, or at least not until there's more info around about how to get the different endings etc. Wanted to get it day 1 regardless though.

There are two endings:

Normal ending: conquer the Mu continent without entering the Uruk continent and recruiting Gilgamesh.
True ending: enter the Uruk continent and recruit Gilgamesh before conquering the Mu continent.

Shizuka

Does anyone that may have played it before know how to recruit Faust? She's the only character I'm missing and I've already done all the missions in the game.

Does anyone that may have played it before know how to recruit Faust? She's the only character I'm missing and I've already done all the missions in the game.
I had a look at her page on the JP wiki to see if I could answer this, but google translate isn't helping much. The two join conditions are at the top, one of them seems to be having Da Vinci but the other is hard to make sense of. Trying with a few other translators gives something about a mission called "Da Vinci's Friend", the hero needing more than 4000 troops and (negotiations 18)(?). Hope that makes more sense to you than it does to me.

Thanks for clarifying the endings btw. I think I'll wait until people have figured out all the character unlock conditions etc before starting this, because I really want to get 100% (or as close as possible) in one playthrough. My backlog's too big for me to replay long games.

Subscribed..
Vita version in the air as well?
Else i'll bite the ps3 bullet
Fruitbat rep said earlier in the thread that it's possible, but it depends on how well the PS3 version's received. So don't hold your breath.

anderedna

I'm interested in buying this one(and play it) and very happy to see it is announced for NA, but realizing it's a PS3 game only put me off. Furthermore, only DD. My own fault assuming it's a Vita game when I watched the trailer.

According to the blog post in PSBlog, Vita will be considered if PS3 version doing well, which I doubt it. Sigh. i'll wait for sale.

Voliko

Wow, I'm kinda surprised this was localized. I remember Icecream posting about it way back when. Is it grindy at all? Or is there actually some strategy?

Nice OT. Disappointed its a digital-only but I'll get it sometime later after it comes out in the US.

I have a question. Are there routes or multiple endings since its a visual novel?

Kudo

Wow, I'm kinda surprised this was localized. I remember Icecream posting about it way back when. Is it grindy at all? Or is there actually some strategy?

Lots of strategy actually, it's a good mix of managing and strategy.
So far there has been no grind and I assume that won't change as enemies get stronger each turn like you which kind of punishes you for grinding too much.
I'm really loving it, I noticed that unlike some other strategy games the NPC doesn't cheat here, if they don't have enough troops to counterattack they might send troops that are half-beaten from last battle.

Voliko

Lots of strategy actually, it's a good mix of managing and strategy.
So far there has been no grind and I assume that won't change as enemies get stronger each turn like you which kind of punishes you for grinding too much.
I'm really loving it, I noticed that unlike some other strategy games the NPC doesn't cheat here, if they don't have enough troops to counterattack they might send troops that are half-beaten from last battle.
Thanks, sounds promising.

Shizuka

That's it, I'm stuck at the last floor of the last layer of Shambhala. I'll just do the money grinding trick until everyone is 9999 and try it one more time.

Shizuka

hKpuWhj.png

And platinum get! This was a wild ride, hours and hours in a row during almost two weeks. My review has been added to the OP as well. If anyone needs assistance, post here and I'll do my best to help.

anderedna

hKpuWhj.png

And platinum get! This was a wild ride, hours and hours in a row during almost two weeks. My review has been added to the OP as well. If anyone needs assistance, post here and I'll do my best to help.

Congratulations.

Must hold my urge from buying another PS3 to buy this game and some other JRPG that I've bought but haven't played yet. Old PS3 is either dying or already dead.

Shizuka

By the way, just got this from wario64's Twitter:

US PSN Customers, don’t forget to enter this coupon code for 10% off of your purchase when you checkout FH24P5BDR6

Which means you can get Eiyuu Senki at launch for $36.

Hubb

I'm waiting for BF deals from PSN first + BF deals retail to see if anyone has any deals on PSN credit. I'll be picking this game up before the week ends, I probably won't play it right away but I can't believe this came over. I gotta support that.

JCG

Rance honestly really blew me away. I wasn't expecting there to be a game in there, or for the game to be so engrossing.

It would be interesting to hear from someone who has played both games in order to see how they compare.

By the way, just got this from wario64's Twitter:

Which means you can get Eiyuu Senki at launch for $36.

Thanks, I think the code also showed up on my front screen on the PC version of the store interestingly.

Perfect timing for the 10% off was able to get this and Trails SC with the discount. :)

Labrys

the store gave me hell when trying to buy this, i ended up having to get 2 $20 PSN cards and using them instead of using paypal. I did use the 10% off though, which means I now have $4 for flash sales and stuff.

I'm planning on starting this after it downloads, I've been really excited for it to come out.

Shizuka

If anyone was waiting to see what was the Black Friday flash sale, it's up and ending on Monday. The coupon should expire not that far after the flash sale, so get your discounted Eiyuu Senki copies before it's over!

Also, I heard the game has been patched twice already, for a few typo and trophy graphic corrections, for those unaware of it.

Astarte

The PC translation getting a cease and desist by Tenko makes me sad ; w;
A lewd game without lewd? I'll think about this one after my current run of Rance

Shizuka

The PC translation getting a cease and desist by Tenko makes me sad ; w;
A lewd game without lewd? I'll think about this one after my current run of Rance

I hope you enjoy Fruitbat Factory's localization for Eiyuu Senki, they put a lot of effort into it and you can tell by playing the game.

Top Bottom