• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eiyuu Senki: The World Conquest |OT| My World Conquest Can't Be This Cute

Labrys

I'm onto the first 3 nations to be conquered and I'm really enjoying it! I'm still getting used to the mechanics but it's overall a ton of fun. I'm doing the conquering a bit weird, I started with Mongolia and now I'm on to India.

The more I play the more I'm interested in Gold, though. I'd like to see Fruitbat work on that eventually if it's a sequel/enhanced version.

Shizuka

Maybe they can go for it, but since it's a completely different game, I'm not sure they could use any of the existing localization for that version. Doing the Vita version before that seems more likely for now.

Labrys

ah, true. if they do the vita version i'll be more than willing to double-dip on it to support it.

Also, a question. When I conquered Mongolia, I was given a short-cut to the capital so it took it without taking the 2 cities that i would have to go through to get to it. Did I miss anything by going straight to the capital?

Shizuka

ah, true. if they do the vita version i'll be more than willing to double-dip on it to support it.

Also, a question. When I conquered Mongolia, I was given a short-cut to the capital so it took it without taking the 2 cities that i would have to go through to get to it. Did I miss anything by going straight to the capital?

Sometimes if you conquer cities that you don't necessarily need to conquer the entire territory, you'll get the common, low rate equipments. If you conquer stronger nations before the weaker ones, you'll get "godly" equipments that'll go a long way when you attempt Shambhala during post-game.

Labrys

Sometimes if you conquer cities that you don't necessarily need to conquer the entire territory, you'll get the common, low rate equipments. If you conquer stronger nations before the weaker ones, you'll get "godly" equipments that'll go a long way when you attempt Shambhala during post-game.

Ah, okay. I got a horse gem thing by doing Mongolia first, which is the goldy equipment based on what the screen told me before accepting it.
I'm working on conquering more cities and improving my units now. I feel kind of dumb since it took me a while to realize that I could use gold to increase unit counts, for the longest time I was just going with the base amount of units.

Jazz573

There's actually a translation for the PC version being worked on using the PS3 localization. Not linking because it contains content from the PS3 version which isn't exactly legal.

Shizuka

There is no turn limit or anything right? I can safely burn through these 20 events I've accumulated without worry?

Yes, there is no turn limit. Go ahead and skip turns if you need money as well, just beware that when you end a turn, enemies might attack you.

Oh, what is this game doing here? HINT: Click on your character's portraits in the troops screen.

Play ES:GOLD on PC. I think it has more content than this version? It had a dlc at least.

Although its eroge, sex is sparse compared to gameplay. Its less than in Rance if that says anything. What it does have is the characters clothes bursting off in a cut-in CG if they're defeated with a special attack. No one has a problem with that, right? Its only nipples.

I forgot, there's an interface translation only. But ChiitransLite works perfect for me.

dougsomegraves

Neo Member
NA:

IbvfrMX.png

I turned down the first godly equip because it said the other nations would power up, but then I changed my mind and took the next two. Is the penalty for taking them that bad?

Shizuka

I turned down the first godly equip because it said the other nations would power up, but then I changed my mind and took the next two. Is the penalty for taking them that bad?

If I could go back, I'd take all godly equipments. In reality, you can force your way through the game by skipping, making money and reinforcing your troops. The godly equipments will be necessary for taking down Shambhala, I was missing one godly equipment that was absolutely necessary for a strategy and that made my life a lot harder.

Labrys

Well, I got a package in the mail today, an early Christmas present.

Figure is gorgeous, and I'm going to get GOLD installed and played once i'm finished with the PS3 version.
Game came with a lot of extra stuff. A trading card, some sort of code for the IOS/Android game, full color manual and an art book. The game comes in a jewel case though, I found that kinda funny. Box is also really big, and feels high quality. There's even a sort of pop-out design on the front, feels like a crest.

Shizuka

Well, I got a package in the mail today, an early Christmas present.

Figure is gorgeous, and I'm going to get GOLD installed and played once i'm finished with the PS3 version.
Game came with a lot of extra stuff. A trading card, some sort of code for the IOS/Android game, full color manual and an art book. The game comes in a jewel case though, I found that kinda funny. Box is also really big, and feels high quality. There's even a sort of pop-out design on the front, feels like a crest.

Take a picture of the Arthur figure if you remove it from the package, it must be stunning.

Shizuka

Sooo... is this actually good? I kinda want to give it a chance, but $40 is steep.

It's actually pretty good, I was impressed. The game is engrossing and has that "just one more" addictive gameplay that it's hard to find in japanese games nowadays. You need to like visual novels though, the gameplay doesn't hold it by itself.

Sooo... is this actually good? I kinda want to give it a chance, but $40 is steep.

Eh, not really. It's a simple and somewhat amusing strategy game that overstays its welcome. I wouldn't play this for the writing either, as it's abundantly clear that the story is mostly a vehicle to serve erotic content, which isn't even in this version of the game.

Apparently, the game has been removed from the US PSN Store. RIP.

It's roughly a year after release, but only having the license for one year would be very stupid. It's still up on EU for what it's worth

Also, the game hasn't been on sale a single time in that year on EU PSN, which is just as idiotic. Really sent this game to die.

Top Bottom