• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Chapo Guzman delcares war on ISIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

OraleeWey

Joaquin-Guzman-Loera-escape.jpg

Threat: Mexican drug trafficker Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, pictured here with a moustache and full head of hair, allegedly emailed a threatening message to the Islamic State

One of the world's most wanted drug lords has reportedly 'declared war' on the Islamic State in a threatening letter.

Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán apparently sent an encrypted email to the ISIS leader Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi after one of his cartel's shipments was destroyed.

His letter, which has been leaked by cartelblog.com, claims his men will "destroy" the terror group if they continue to 'impact on their operation'.

The Mexican drug baron, who runs the notorious Sinaloa cartel, allegedly told Al Baghdadi that his organisation are 'not soldiers' but 'lowly p*****s'.

"My men will destroy you. The world is not yours to dictate. I pity the next son of a wh*** that tries to interfere with the business of the Sinaloa Cartel.

"I will have their heart and tongue torn from them.”

El Chapo, nicknamed "Shorty", has been on the run from police since he escaped from the maximum security Altiplano prison - 55 miles west of Mexico City - in July.

He fled through a hole in a shower after his men dug a mile-long tunnel underneath the jail to a farmhouse from where he fled.

The tunnel, which would have taken months to dig, was found equipped with ventilation ducts, running electricity to power strip lighting, stairs and a motorbike on rails on which he rode away.

Guzman, once the 1,140th richest man in the world and once the 55th most powerful, is said to have paid $50 million (£32 million) in bribes this time to ensure he got away safely.

He had previously escaped from prison in 2001, and was only recaptured last year.

The second jailbreak was a huge embarrassment for Mexico's President Enrique Pena Nieto, who had said it would be "inexcusable" if Guzman managed to escape again

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/worlds-biggest-drug-kingpin-el-6989805?ICID=FB_mirror_main

Apparently over a destroyed shipment.

Edit: fake story

The above-quoted story was published by Thug Life Videos on 30 November 2015, but it wasn't until the story was picked up by CartelBlog.com, a web site that reports on cartel news, that it went viral. Shortly after CartelBlog posted the story on its web site, several major news outlets published headlines such as "El Chapo tells ISIS his men will destroy them" and "Cartel leader Chapo Guzmán threatens war on ISIS after terrorists destroy drug shipment."

But this is not true. Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman has not waged war against ISIS. The rumor started on a satire web site that frequently publishes fake stories. It was mistakenly picked up as a genuine news item by a web site that specializes in stories about the cartel, and was then regurgitated by several popular publications.

This isn't the first time that Thug Life Videos has fooled the media with a story about El Chapo. In October 2015, the web site helped promulgate the false story that El Chapo had put a bounty on Donald Trump's head.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Waiting for this to be debunked, only source is some blogger who claims to have cartel ties.

Would make for a good premise for a campy action/comedy film though.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
This reminds me of that part of Rocketman where the mobster was too patriotic for America to let some Commie get away with it. But the opposite and better.

What the fuck is even going on. First, the Mob. Then, Al-Qaeda. Now, the Mexican Cartel.

Any other massive criminal organization want in on this? The Yakuza? Russian mobsters?

"Heavily armed organization largely known for mass murder of civilians declares war on other heavily armed organization largely known for mass murder of civilians."

Select gaffers: Yes, let them fight.gif!

The things some of you are cheerleading, I don't think you understand.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Waiting for this to be debunked, only source is some blogger who claims to have cartel ties.

Would make for a good premise for a campy action/comedy film though.

yeah, smells like bullshit to me.

i don't know if mexican cartels have lots of interest overseas anyway. i would think their product is made in south america and distributed mostly in the USA.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
the idea of these people emailing each other is pretty amusing

"I don't know how much you know about the drug business, I'm an expert"

Velcro Fly

"Heavily armed organization largely known for mass murder of civilians declares war on other heavily armed organization largely known for mass murder of civilians."

Select gaffers: Yes, let them fight.gif!

The things some of you are cheerleading, I don't think you understand.

i don't think anyone is serious about it

just in a perfect world they can kill each other and the world could be rid of both of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom