• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ElAnalistaDeBits: The Last Of Us 2 Vs Red Dead Redemption 2 Graphics Comparison Video

Terenty

Yep. Rdr 2 looks more impressive still. The lightning, composition, animations just oozes quality. Take any screenshot, including inside buildings and the game looks stunning. Not the case with tlou 2

Even little details like splashes from shots, fire spreading on grass etc are better

After watching the video, its not even close how much more detailed Rdr 2 compared to Tlou 2. The only department where Tlou is better is textures, everything else Rdr 2 is a clear winner

Its amazing what they achieved with a giant open world, absolutely insane

Last edited:

GermanZepp

imagine RDR2 with TLofUS2 Game Play ....
drool.gif

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year

It's funny to see people continuing to maliciously share a super-compressed animated GIF of Cyberpunk 2077 when we have plenty of actual videos that look fantastic. You do know that Youtube can be embedded on NeoGaf, don't you? It isn't hard.

The fact that it's first-person only must burn you chumps really a lot if you're so eager to try to mislead people about the way it looks.

Let's take a look at the full video in 4k, shall we?

and since we're at it, let's hear what Digital Foundry has to say about it.

Last edited:
RDR2 is on another level imo. It's a full blown open world game with dynamic weather (native 4k on XB1X-double the resolution of TLOU2)vs a 1440p linear game. It has far more things going on screen.

I don't think Cyberpunk 2077(console version) will reach the detail of RDR2 on XB1X. Still haven't even seen any console footage yet, I don't think? Even the pc footage has a lot of blur and other shortcomings.

Last edited:
after playing TLofUS2, this looks 2 decades old garbage ... I think that game is going to disappoint a lot of people... there is an article on IGN That walk walking is removed ?

Cyberpunk is extremely impressive because it's open world with a ton of complex things going on at once.

This isn't even an ideal test for RDR2. It's using the latest PATCHED version. The patches that objectively downgrade the graphics to improve performance even though the Xbox didn't need it. The game can look even better than this. Despite this it's still easily the victor here.

RDR2 at launch v1.00 on the Xbox One X is a complete shock, returning the same feelings of awe and magic I haven't felt ever since Crysis 1 on my GTX 285 3-Way SLI system back in 2008. It truly is a generation defining game and hands down the best game, at least visually, of our time. And it accomplishes that while being a fully open world game, beating an exclusive linear game with so much work poured into it. Incredible.

We were discussing this, this looks impressive to you ?

Sure, if you want to pick one unflattering scene and ignore all the other amazing footage, scale etc.... Practically every hands on reviewer praises the graphics and technical achievements the game has.

Last edited:

Not sure what you're trying to prove here but any gamer should know that what Cyberpunk does behind is far superior to tlou2/rdr2. WHile TLOU2 focuses on animation details, CP focuses on world design and a ton of scripts. You can't have a perfect full blown game that has incredible rpg mechanics, perfect graphics, open world, perfect animations, etc. Corners have to be cut, even on next gen. Where you cut corners depends on the game.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Damn, I didn't realize how close RDR2 was in terms of graphics. It really is a stunning game on PC. If I was forced to pick I'd still give the very very slight edge to TLOU2 but if you factor in the scale, I'd say that RDR2 is the more impressive game overall across any platforms. I still think CP2077 on PC is gonna smoke both of them easily.

Last edited:

Max_Po

Banned
Damn, I didn't realize how close RDR2 was in terms of graphics. It really is a stunning game on PC. If I was forced to pick I'd still give the very very slight edge to TLOU2 but if you factor in the scale, I'd say that RDR2 is the more impressive game overall across any platforms. I still think CP2077 on PC is gonna smoke both of them easily.

it looks super amazing on XboxOne X. I have finished twice on Xbox1X. The only issue is significant input delay and pain to interact.pick up items.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
it looks super amazing on XboxOne X. I have finished twice on Xbox1X. The only issue is significant input delay and pain to interact.pick up items.
I couldn't stand it on the One X. It looked fine, but it was garbage to control. It felt awful to play and really took away from how much of an achievement the rest of the game was. I still beat it on the X, but I was disappointed in how poorly it controlled. All those problems were fixed for me with the PC version, plus having 60fps automatically makes playing any game better.

Last edited:

Krisprolls

Banned
TLoU 2 is the best looking game bar none, PC games included (I have a good PC too). It's not only about GPU power, budget and artists often make the difference nowadays. Emotions on faces and animations are unmatched in this game.

JLMC469

Banned
what a coincidence that 3 of the best looking games this gen, The Order, RDR2 and TLOU2 are all absolutely mediocre to downright terrible games

RDR2 is my 2nd favorite game this gen (behind GOW).

TLOU2 is a good game: 8/10 (Leaning towards 7/10 on my 2nd play through).
The Order is crap though.

ZehDon

after playing TLofUS2, this looks 2 decades old garbage ... I think that game is going to disappoint a lot of people... there is an article on IGN That walk walking is removed ?
Possibly the worst post on this entire forum - pre or post purge.

Anyway, RDR2 is still the most graphically impressive game I've ever seen, and it's not even close. In addition to its sheer scale and quality, something that's worth remembering is that it's entirely real time - it's time of day can progress, it's conditions can change.
On the contrast, to accomplish its visuals, TLOU2 has limited and hedged in environments lit with static pre-baked GI lighting and fixed time of day where transitions are baked and controlled. There's just a lot less going on. Environments feature significantly better lighting than the NPCs as a result, props in particular feature good, but lacking, approximations of the more advanced lighting techniques featured on the hero characters. This causes discrepancies in quality, despite the game's more limited scope and scale. And the end result is just slathered in film grain and aggressive post processing that leaves the image soft and noisy, emulating low-quality chemically treated film, as opposed to being a proper digital image from a video game.
In RDR2, everything is there, all open, all the time, with a very clean image that is just more appealing.
Is TLOU2 still a gorgeous game and a real technical showcase for the PS4? Absolutely. Does it surpass RDR2? Nope. Rockstar are just on another level, literally the best in the gane. Naughty Dog still have a ways to go before they're in the same ballpark.

Top Bottom