• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring Metascore and Sales

What do you expect Elden Ring Metascore and Sales

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jose92

[Membe
With Elden Ring Release coming in hot.

What do you expect the critical and sale performance of Elding Ring?

Propel Water Jet GIF by Xbox

Last edited:
It seems as if the game will review well just from what reviewers have been posting.

In terms of sales? Probably quite a lot in the long term. It’s definitely not going to be a game for everyone though.

I get it, my man. Edging for this long and we are only a couple days away. I get it. The pressure gets tough. But don't worry. The pay off will be worth the edging. Just keep at it. Simple and controlled strokes. No breaks.

Miyazaki. Doesn't. Miss.

Buggy Loop

I think few journalists will have finished the game..

So how will the mainstream media who are so so in games review it? Because the IGN/Gamespot/Polygon and so on don’t wait, they’ll be there day 0 of review embargo for the clicks. Too tough? Too long? Might go either way.

Fbh

I'm expecting high 80's or low 90's metascore, and considering DS3 sold more than 10 million I'm expecting life time sales of this one to go beyond that (maybe 13-15 mill)

skit_data

Sales numbers within a couple of weeks/days/months or ever? It woulde be interesting to vote for x amount of sales over x amount of time but I’d say it’s a safe bet it will sell +10 million copies.

Expect a 90+ Metacritic score, probably 90-92.

Last edited:

Markio128

Seriously though, I can’t predict this one, mainly because I’ve kept away from most of the footage and also because it is an open world game, thus, new ground for From. If I had to stick my neck out (and because From are critical darlings), I’d say 90-92 metacritic. Sales? Multi platform, so likely 15 mill+.

Stuart360

It will probably sell 6-7mil on Steam alone, so 15mil total sales is well within possibility.
MC score i dont really care about, but i'd expect around 90.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
~90%. Easily over 10 million, that's not even a guess, if DSIII managed that then obviously Elden Ring will surpass it.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
The only sale I can predict is mine, and that's enough for me. :lollipop_content:

I hope the game does well tho, there aren't any devs doing games like From's.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
it will sell 10+ million easy!

scores 80 plus easy but it doesn’t matter.

im hoping I will see it as one of the best games ive ever played and it will provide me years of playability.….I hope!

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Does it matter? I played FROM games long enough to know I’m going enjoy Elden Ring no matter what score it gets.

Also games getting high scores doesn’t automatically mean I’m gonna like it.

Gotta be mid to high 90s. Will lose points because of difficulty.

Feel pretty strongly that this will be Froms fastest and highest selling game to date. The marketing for this game is on another level to thier previous titles and we all know that strong marketing is pretty fucking effective. Even more so when its backed by really positive word of mouth.

This is gonna be special. Very confident that the "generation defining" comments are not over blown. Anyone who played the CNT knows how masterfully this game is crafted. All the new footage does nothing but fuel the hype and we've hardly seen anything outside the first zone.

90+. Genre defining open world game specifically because of souls formula but also because it is less obtuse than other From game.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Meta critic is going to be 99.99% and it will sell 4 billion copies and will resolve the war in Ukraine.

Top Bottom