• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring Metascore and Sales

What do you expect Elden Ring Metascore and Sales

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Previews were very, very positive, and I've seen some vague but hype tweets from reviewers, so I think 93-95 is possible. I'm quite sure that Game Informer and Gamespot will give ER 10/10.

As for sales, Dark Souls 3 managed 10 mil+, so I'm going with 15 mil+ here.

I'm actually more interested to see the number of concurrent players on Steam.

Buggy Loop

Previews were very, very positive, and I've seen some vague but hype tweets from reviewers, so I think 93-95 is possible. I'm quite sure that Game Informer and Gamespot will give ER 10/10.

As for sales, Dark Souls 3 managed 10 mil+, so I'm going with 15 mil+ here.

I'm actually more interested to see the number of concurrent players on Steam.

I think game informer is a safe 10/10. Dan Tack gave Bloodborne 9.75, and while it’s not yet released, I’m pretty sure in his review he’ll say it’s his GOAT, taking too position above Bloodborne as his favourite game of all time.

SeraphJan

Life time sales? Even 20 million is still a very conservative number I can tell you that

Last edited:

TheMan

Life time sales? Even 20 million is still a very conservative number I can tell you that
As of 2020 the series as a whole had sold under 30 million. This game is gonna sell well but not that well

Metacritic i'm gonna say...92

Last edited:
As of 2020 the series as a whole had sold under 30 million. This game is gonna sell well but not that well

Metacritic i'm gonna say...92
Monster hunter world is closing is on 20 million as we speak. Monster hunter was nowhere near as big as the souls series is now before world.

This game has had a far bigger marketing push than any prior souls game. I think the open world has will make it more appealing and accessible to wider audience.

I believe it will reach 20 million eventually. When is another question entirely I think within 5 years is reasonable though

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Their last three games have been 90's on OPENCRITIC. I can see some people getting fatigue with FROMS style of game design (even though SEKIRO isn't a Soulslike really) potentially lowering scores into the mid to high 80's, but I'm not seeing it. Solid 89 to 91 would be my guess with a 95% or higher recommend.

rC4ZptVf_IMG_20220223_073733.jpg

ButchCat

Ironically the only medieval souls game to hit 90 was Dark Souls II, 89-90 is my guess based on previous entries.

Dark Souls III hit 10 million so I'm going to say 7-8 million lifetime.

KXVXII9X

It is amazing how poorly some of these comments aged. Not that they are bad comments, but the outcome is welcome and I'm glad it seems we are getting an excellent game.

Monster hunter world is closing is on 20 million as we speak. Monster hunter was nowhere near as big as the souls series is now before world.

This game has had a far bigger marketing push than any prior souls game. I think the open world has will make it more appealing and accessible to wider audience.

I believe it will reach 20 million eventually. When is another question entirely I think within 5 years is reasonable though
I might have to up my predication to 30 million...

SLB1904

Banned
I knew it

thats a wild prediction

Top Bottom