• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree Story Trailer

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I really am going to have to either find a PC saved game from somewhere that's still on NG, or find a good guide that'll get me levelled up enough to enter the DLC.

My NG+5 character is not going to cut the mustard here... especially because I sold my Series X :messenger_tears_of_joy:

cat Heavy breathing GIF

Currently on a second playthrough but this time on PS5. Finished the Carian Manor and I guess Caelid is next. I'm not dedicating a ton of time to this playthrough but already put in 26 hours lol. Hoping I get the Mohg before DLC releases. I'm going to stop the playthrough at that point and hop straight into the DLC.

Metnut

Me getting frustrated at the Elden Beast and not wanting to change my melee build might’ve paid off. Seems like I can just go into the DLC now.

Ended up beating Mogh recently. Completely missed him in my first play through.

Can’t wait to play the expansion.

Schmendrick

One of only ~3 games in the last decade I 100%. I´m absolutely ready to dive in again :messenger_beaming:
And I fully expect to get my ass completely handed to me while I try to remember how everything actually works.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Did a new playthrough because I didn't want to get my ass handed to me in NG+++. Power leveled like crazy so I would get an early headstart but now it seems From Software has restricted your level in the DLC and replaced it with some other system. Fucking shite.

winjer

Gold Member
I'll probably use the save game from my first playthrough, because that's where I have most items and stuff.
But on that run, I went for the Lord of Frenzied Flame ending.
I'm not sue this is the way to go into the DLC.

JCK75

I played severl hundred hours, put it down after months and months of playing it..
just started playing it again.. on my third new playthrough now.. need to stop and wait for this to drop before I burn myself out.

Gaelyon

I'll probably start from scratch as my main is in NG+ and I didn't play for a year at least. I'm rusty but ready.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I had originally played and 100% completed it on the Series X. I double dipped and bought the DLC bundle on the PS5 and have been working my way through that one.

Zimmy68

I haven't played in so long, dreading having to go back and re-learn everything. That is the problem with DLC that is so far away from release.
I must have 5 highly level characters with different traits but they will be useless I suspect.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I don't think I understand the story of the original game yet, and that's after a ton of hours.
From Software game. Story is irrelevant. Just enjoy the gameplay!

According to the Xbox and PlayStation apps, I’ve put 209 hours and 72 hours into this game. Story is fucking retarded. It’s the gameplay and map exploration that keeps me engaged.

Last edited:
From Software game. Story is irrelevant. Just enjoy the gameplay!
Indeed, I think of the story as part of the general atmosphere... I don't actually need to grasp all the details of it, but just to have a sense of this otherworldly logic of this universe, and enjoy its strangeness and mystery as I explore. I love the weird dialogue and hints of lore etc but I don't care at all about reconciling them or grasping the whole thing as a coherent story.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Have they explained how accessing the dlc works?

I had a new playthrough with a bitch made mage build in the works with two main bosses done.

I also have my main character at level 176 or some shit but its new game plus that has completed mohg.

Unsure how easy it will be to get into it on the original character.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Have they explained how accessing the dlc works?

I had a new playthrough with a bitch made mage build in the works with two main bosses done.

I also have my main character at level 176 or some shit but its new game plus that has completed mohg.

Unsure how easy it will be to get into it on the original character.
You have to beat Mohg and Radahn. I assume it’ll have something to do with Miquella’s cocoon in Mohgwyn Palace.

Top Bottom