• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree Story Trailer

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Not being able to comprehend the story and calling it “fucking retarded” is pretty low IQ.
Bro, you don’t need to pretend. Or did you watch a youtube video to have it explained to you, so you can act like you got the the story straight.

And I’m curious, with the many ending possibilities, is one of them canon to this DLC?

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
The ending of the trailer seemed different from anything else “From Software”

It was about we, and us. Typically you were alone. Just really makes me wonder if they are pushing co-op. Which I’m for, if the difficulty stacks.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
You have to beat Mohg and Radahn. I assume it’ll have something to do with Miquella’s cocoon in Mohgwyn Palace.
I just beat both versions of Mohg last night. Made him my bitch. I killed the version in the Palace before he could transform.

near

Gold Member
FBvOlIs.gif

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
What a meaningless trailer about nothing. Fuck, FROM could hire the best talent from top studios to create cinematics with their engine, but this feels like it was made by a marmot munching in front of an AI with a microphone trained to create trailers.

prompt: elden ring dlc yumm, mmm, nyyumm, nyam gulp, carrot, chew, chumm, yumm, gulp.

PS: Date format, please, use year, month, day, thank you.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Indeed, I think of the story as part of the general atmosphere... I don't actually need to grasp all the details of it, but just to have a sense of this otherworldly logic of this universe, and enjoy its strangeness and mystery as I explore. I love the weird dialogue and hints of lore etc but I don't care at all about reconciling them or grasping the whole thing as a coherent story.
Worldbuilding and lore development are so important when building a scifi or fantasy world. All those little details don’t need to be shoved in your face, and in most cases shouldn’t be, but they add up to help create something with depth and staying power.

Audiences may not consciously realize it or be able to articulate what’s going on. They’ll just, for example, love the earlier seasons of Game of Thrones but think the last couple ones went down the drain for some reason.

In the case of the Souls games, Miyazaki is an intelligent and literary guy. He and his team are putting in work to build a detailed framework for the worlds of these games and then deliberately withholding it in an explicit sense. But it’s there, and that’s why it feels great to experience. And also why hardcore fans can write 10 hour video essays after delving into it all.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
You have to beat Mohg and Radahn. I assume it’ll have something to do with Miquella’s cocoon in Mohgwyn Palace.
I thought up until now it was just mohg.

Do you have a link to where they stated this?

near

Gold Member
I thought up until now it was just mohg.

Do you have a link to where they stated this?
If I recall correctly, defeating Radahn opens the areas required to get to Mohg. I could be wrong, but I do remember a cutscene that triggered something.

But you definitely access the DLC via the cocoon at the palace according to Miyazaki.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
What a meaningless trailer about nothing. Fuck, FROM could hire the best talent from top studios to create cinematics with their engine, but this feels like it was made by a marmot munching in front of an AI with a microphone trained to create trailers.

prompt: elden ring dlc yumm, mmm, nyyumm, nyam gulp, carrot, chew, chumm, yumm, gulp.

PS: Date format, please, use year, month, day, thank you.
yWAKgLa.png

Hohenheim

I've been doing a new (third) playthrough, getting ready for this dlc.
Recently defeated Mohg, so I'm ready to go. This will be so good!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I dont know why people are down on the trailer, I thought it was epic as fuck....and also it always relates to main story.

For example this trailer.

At first this looks like nothing more mech battle to promote the game but this actually part of the main story that takes place before you land on Rubicon and even Carla asks Walter about it.

EruditeHobo

I finally picked-up my playthrough over the past week... cleaned up some bosses and questlines, powered through Mountaintops, then Heligtree, now at Malenia. Beating the game later this week. Then my body is ready for DLC.

Pre-ordering. Baby's first From DLC! Exciting.

Last edited:

Zimmy68

Great another reveal consisting of 100% CGI cutscenes. Just what I wanted. Way to 1 up Assassin's Creed.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Great another reveal consisting of 100% CGI cutscenes. Just what I wanted. Way to 1 up Assassin's Creed.
The first trailer we got was 100% gameplay and FROM always shows CGI for story trailer, I dont see anything wrong with that.

Last edited:

SSfox

So what best version Elden Ring to play? PS4 or PS5? heard PS4 had better framerate. Wonder if they will fix PS5 framerate with DLC release?

Top Bottom