• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls Online Beta (PS4/Xbox One) starts tomorrow

Even with little nitpicks about combat and stuff. I am still excited to play this with 4-5 of my friends.

we don't get to play too many games where we can all play together like this, especially on consoles.

its pretty much Diablo III and Destiny right now.

Hawk269

FYI...

For those that participated in the Beta, Zenimax has begun to send out emails for an official survey on what your thoughts were on the game. There are a few specific questions, but at the end there are areas to type in suggestions etc. The last question asks what are the top things that based on your time with game needs to be fixed/improved before launch.

gossi

I had the same impressions, made it to level 9 before it ended and I'm not sure I really wanted to keep going. I felt like I was playing Skyrim, which is a positive, but every time CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS 420 would run in and attack the mob during the 'boss encounter' of a storyline fight while I was sneaking up undetected it really just ruined the mood. I wish they would instance those encounters, so you could group for them if you wanted but didn't have to have other people running in if you didn't...that'd also mean you could explore the environment around the big fight, not just hit and run before the quick respawn popped up again.

Yeah, one of my suggestions is they allow instanced groups - i.e. you can just play with your friends or on your own, if you want.

Lucifon

Yeah, one of my suggestions is they allow instanced groups - i.e. you can just play with your friends or on your own, if you want.

This isn't going to happen, from a technical perspective it would mean a vast amount of work and servers to support so many separate instances.

Bahlor

This isn't going to happen, from a technical perspective it would mean a vast amount of work and servers to support so many separate instances.

That's true, but could somewhat fake the boss enemies. I mean they could just be visible to the quest owner + group and if someone else is doing the same quest, he has his own boss that he is able to see. Somewhat fake, but still better than getting his own bosses killed by someone else :(

gossi

Oh, I agree. I know it's a huge amount of work and I doubt it will happen any time soon, nor should it. Basic things like PVP still don't work properly (lag etc).

Lucifon

That's true, but could somewhat fake the boss enemies. I mean they could just be visible to the quest owner + group and if someone else is doing the same quest, he has his own boss that he is able to see. Somewhat fake, but still better than getting his own bosses killed by someone else :(

That's true and could be a way around it. But, playing devil's advocate, I've quite enjoyed running in and helping someone on a boss in MMOs when they're in trouble. Which if I couldn't see the boss, I would have never been able to do. (It's also pretty great when people save my skin too!)

Top Bottom