• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Electronic Arts Places Higher Bid on Codemasters than Take-Two Interactive, Creating Bidding War

Status
Not open for further replies.
mod edit: (dupe: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/game...tecrashes-£725m-codemasters-takeover.1581751/)

Sources:

https://news.sky.com/story/games-gi...atecrashes-725m-codemasters-takeover-12160582

Very surprising development. To be honest, I thought Take-Two already acquired Codemasters, but I guess EA wasn't having it and wants a bigger piece of the racing genre pie. Question is, will EA have them support Need for Speed or will they just buy them for the sake of controlling the Dirt franchise? I view Take-Two and EA as equally insidious publishers given their history, so I won't prognosticate about what will change, rather why are they coming after Codemasters. What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

YuLY

But...why ? a behemoth like EA is interested in F1 and other racing games? They gonna put em on NFS ? this is just weird.

Genx3

Hopefully Take 2 wins.

Edit: Take that back EA games end up on Game Pass.
Rather EA wins now that I think about it.

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

It's like if you'd rather be eaten by rats or piranhas.

ONBKCF8.gif

You had a good run Codemasters.

Should have gone back to Big Nose and Dizzy though 🥚.

bender

What time is it?
I guess EA really wants to get Need for Speed back on track and annualized? The dollar amount seems really high. I wonder if this spells the end of Ghost Games.

Barakov

Either choics is bad but at least with Take 2 there's a chance we'll still get rally racing games. If EA buys them then they'll probably put codemasters on Need for Speed and that's what they'll be doing from now on.

MrS

Banned
Codemasters make garbage games. Anybody willing to pay 1 billion dollars for them isn't fit to run a company.

Derktron

Banned
I don't understand why both companies want to buy out Codemasters when all they do is racing games that are basically mediocre

bxrz

EA and Take-Two have literally been trying to 1-up each other on the "Worst gaming publisher" list for awhile so not even surprised.

Mentat02

Banned
codemasters f1 league racing will go to shit if EA buys them out. the game will become another fifa, madden shitshow.

Hudo

I'd rather take EA or T2 (both companies are equally nefarious and shit) than any Chinese publisher like goddamn Tencent.

Radical_3d

“Looks like Evolution is finally hitting the jackpot with Dirt 5. After the OnRush disaster I was afraid they end up closing. Good for them, I’m glad that they… oh… oh no…”

It's like being trapped in a bidding war between two of the Chaos Gods.

Is their soul going to be taken by Take Two's living embodiment of the Monkey's Paw, and any good game they make from now on fundamentally corrupted by disappointing design decisions and microtransactions, or EA's He/she god/ess of excess, that will fuck them in every way possible, none of which will be fun.

mod edit: (dupe: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/game...tecrashes-£725m-codemasters-takeover.1581751/)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom