• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two Interactive buys Codemasters

"Veteran British video game company Codemasters has confirmed it plans to sell to US giant Take-Two.
Codemasters is best known for its racing games, including the Dirt Rally series and Formula 1 licences.
The studio was founded in the UK, and currently has its headquarters in Southam, Warwickshire.
Take-Two has offered a deal that values Codemasters at £739m ($973m), and Codemasters says it intends to recommend it to its shareholders.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
let's see that Dizzy 4K PS5 reboot

0614_dizzy.jpg

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Just when the F1 games were getting legit legit good.

Now F1 2024 will be F1 2022 with new liveries and microtransactions for every tyres you put on the car.

Dont worry the tyres only cost 1 dollar so it isnt much.
A single car gets 13 sets of tyres each F1 weekend.
So 13 x 4 = 52.
An F1 calendar has 23 weekends.
So 52 x 23 = 1195

Yeah Take-Two is going to make their money back faster than Redbull can do a full pitstop.
QmL21qo.gif

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Just when the F1 games were getting legit legit good.

Now F1 2024 will be F1 2022 with new liveries and microtransactions for every tyres you put on the car.

Dont worry the tyres only cost 1 dollar so it isnt much.
A single car gets 13 sets of tyres each F1 weekend.
So 13 x 4 = 52.
An F1 calendar has 23 weekends.
So 52 x 23 = 1195

Yeah Take-Two is going to make their money back faster than Redbull can do a full pitstop.
QmL21qo.gif
It's take two. You'll get one awesome F1 game per decade.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
Great. Now find a way to give them a crack at a proper follow-up to Micro Machines V3, because that’s the only game they’ve ever made that I give a shit about. World Series was an utter abomination.

Puskas

So that would probably mean F1 and future WRC titles receiving the MyTeam treatment.

An absolute shamelessly greedy and mediocre shit show.

zcaa0g

Banned
This is sad, I have enjoyed many Codemasters games over the years, if this was the only way forward for the company I am ok with it but I worry about them getting pushed towards NBA2k type of monetization. I hope they are able to continue operating as they have in the past.

Well, we haven't had steering wheel DLC yet or have we?

diffusionx

Gold Member
My first thought is, I don't know why T2 would want CM, and what they plan to do with them. Unless they just want the F1 license, DIRT, etc., for their own sake.

T2 gets it: Driveclub making a comeback.

Still waiting on MS to finalize that Sega acquisition. Any minute now.

I hear that's happening on Wednesday.

The Alien

Banned
Anyone who thinks Microaoft paid to much for Betheada?...i ask you this:

All Bethesda studios, all their IP, all their tech.....or 7 Codemasters?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Anyone who thinks Microaoft paid to much for Betheada?...i ask you this:

All Bethesda studios, all their IP, all their tech.....or 7 Codemasters?
$1 billion for a studio that makes about 2 racing games a year - F1 and usually a Dirt game - seems like a lot.

I have no idea how well these games sell though. Maybe they are big.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
More centralisation of the industry is not a good thing. A healthy industry will have companies of all different sizes. Just look at how creativity dried up in Hollywood as the medium sized studios got bought by the big fish to see the likely impact.

Tschumi

Wow, those names are a blast from the past.

My favourite games by either company:

Take two:
510Y6F8VKQL._AC_SX385_.jpg

This is the EU name for airport tycoon, i believe. I got this at Maxi GB in Brussels while we were in the way to a 3 year posting in Berlin.. it was my friend through my first few months in Berlin, a special, special game. With a great game cd-based soundtrack that's really hard to get with the game these days.

Codemasters:

images

Top Bottom