• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elon Musk Explains Why He Won't Make Video Game Console to Compete With PlayStation and Xbox

Cool. Let's ask Warren Buffett next about his opinions on SATA controllers.

This celebrity wank is getting out of hand. That thumbnail also looks like a couple of college bros trying to get a girl drunk.
Yea I much prefer asking random Gaffers whether or not a post is consolewarring or not.

Last edited:

lukilladog

He is in the business of selling other people ideas as his own, so consoles are a no go. Plus players actually demand consoles to deliver.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
You're going to love our new console. It's an amazing console, really incredible. We've got wonderful people working on it, the best people. It's a thing of beauty our new console with the biggest games coming to it, the best games. Incredible games, you're going to see the most breathtaking games on our console. I think you're going to like it.

We showed our console to the best people in the industry they said its not like anything they have ever seen before.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
He won't (be forced) to do a bad deal.

At most he'll have to pay/loose the deposit equivalent and they'll haggle about how much is that amount.

Also, if twitter value rises, which I doubt but might happen, the argument of "damages" falls through. It's lose-lose for Twitter to prolong this, tbh.
Didn't realize this was a bump until I got to this doozy.

You're going to love our new console. It's an amazing console, really incredible. We've got wonderful people working on it, the best people. It's a thing of beauty our new console with the biggest games coming to it, the best games. Incredible games, you're going to see the most breathtaking games on our console. I think you're going to like it.

You can not read it in any voice, other than Trump's. I honestly tried, but I couldn't! 😂

Perhaps because he is really good at what he does and as opposed to Bezos and Gates he is actually aiming a bit higher (SpaceX)?

Elon Musk isn't the genius he pretends to be.

His net worth is tied directly to the share price of TSLA, which he keeps fuelling by cashing in on the latest hype. Crypto? He's done it. NFTs? He's done it. He's lied to his customers and investors about the Tesla Semi (where is it???) , the Cybertruck (lmao), the Tesla Roadster. He makes the Model S faster and faster because of how much hype it generates, over prioritising anything sensible like build quality and actually having good brakes on a car with 1000BHP. Where is Solar City? Where is Solar roof tiles? Tesla buys its famous batteries from Toshiba. The Hyperloop is possibly the dumbest public transportation idea ever - its not even original. He's copied it from 1900s sci-fi. He decided that traffic in a dangerous tunnel is better than trains for reasons? More to the point, he started the pointless hyperloop concept and has done absolutely nothing with it.

So yeah. A grifter.

Thanati

And then it goes bankrupt after 3 months.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The Mag-A wouldn't be a bad console name.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
He's not wrong. They are PCs and there is little room to innovate on the hardware side.

Not true, if funds are plentiful, you could start your own hardware company and innovate the hardware in ways we haven't even considered.
Plenty of room if you have the money.
Imagine 100 super tiny gpus on one card, or some sort of new breakthru scaler that cuts load by 90%. Or some new fancy way to reflect and light everything that's way less intensive.

Top Bottom