• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emily Rogers: Monday night, after the maintenance will be exciting for 3DS owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goli

If Miiverse for 3DS finally comes out on Monday my 3DS will finally stop collecting dust just to replay my games and take 129047091237489012 screenshots.

I wonder if the GBA VC games will let you post screenshots as well? Guess not.

Okay, will people STOP hyping unified accounts (at least the obvious "so I can lose/sell the thing and still have the games" kind)?!

Nintendo has NOT announced this, just merging of wallets, when they announce this, THEN you can go crazy! I know "thisisgaf", but COME ON, this is sad to see astronomical expectations over NOTHING!

Let me have a buffet of crow if this ACTUALLY happens, but I'm dead certain that it isn't happening with this.

Bullza2o

They should fix the Pokemon WiFi hacking things.

Anyways, good to know Miiverse and unified balances are coming!

What exactly is she not allowed to say? This stuff was already talked about in the Nintendo Direct.

Well she likely can't say the actual date which she would if she said everything that is happening with it.

So she's saying the date, but has to let us figure out what is going to happen, which the Direct does tell us that the updates are this month, we just didn't know what day.

Get what I'm saying?

Pedophile alarm built into the device. Try to send a pic of your wang to a kid and the machine explodes when the camera sees a penis.

Paskil

Please be an account system so I can buy Phoenix Wright...

gif_kanye_otis_pray.gif

I've been thinking while reading some 2DS threads, a lot of people want one in addition to their 3DS. Some people buy them, but some people don't because they can't share street pass data, digital games, and saves. Nintendo has really been pushing the limited edition bundles, but who are they targeting with that? With only the option to transfer data from an old 3DS to a new 3DS by wiping the old 3DS's memory, Nintendo is making it so you can only reasonably own one 3DS at a time. This means anyone who buys a new 3DS will probably be selling the old one. So yeah, Nintendo sold a new limited addition 3DS but now they're potentially losing a sale by another used system now being on the market.

I doubt the update Emily is talking about will fix this, especially since I believe Nintendo already said you will only be able to tie your Miiverse account to one 3DS, but here's hoping anyway.

Cbajd5

Nope. Digital purchases are tied to the hardware, not a network ID - just like the original Wii. That's why people have been clamoring for a proper account system from Nintendo.

No, they're tied to the NNID and that's why you can view eShop purchases on the DDP website.

NNIDs are tied to the console they're made on, and only Nintendo can move them though.

dc89

Looking forward to Miiverse on 3DS. I love it on my WiiU, by far the most genuinely innovative concept Nintendo have come up with in a good few years.

Nope. Digital purchases are tied to the hardware, not a network ID - just like the original Wii. That's why people have been clamoring for a proper account system from Nintendo.
No, your purchases are tied to your ID. You have to call customer service and verify information (and wait 24 hours) but your content and NNID are both recoverable on a different WiiU.

Anything less than Spotpass will be disappointing.

Region unlocking
Spotpass
Account system
Miiverse

?

A simple and easy way to move Nintendo eShop accounts from one console to another, without both machines?

I wouldn't say no to more VC titles either.

...oh. Miiverse. Goodie.

danielcw

Aren't digital purchases tied to an account, and the account is tied to a hardware?

Famassu

Meh, the only non-game things that Nintendo could do that would excite me would be either

1) remove region-locking. This is some fucktasticly shitty dimwit crap that Nintendo is pulling off. Sony has had region-free hardware for almost 10 years now and that has not given them any problems. I want my Daigassoo! Band Brothers and I want it NOW.

2) announce that they'll finally stop their incredibly idiotic practice of not releasing OSTs for sale for the general public. Yeah, you can maybe get some OSTs as Club Nintendo rewards, but news flash, your fucking shit service doesn't work in, oh, I don't know, about 99% of the countries of the world.

No, your purchases are tied to your ID. You have to call customer service and verify information (and wait 24 hours) but your content and NNID are both recoverable on a different WiiU.
Yes, but your ID is tied to the hardware. Yes, customer service can un-tie it, but that's a piss poor way of doing things in 2013. You're correct about the logistics of it all, but to me it's a semantic argument.
Aren't digital purchases tied to an account, and the account is tied to a hardware?
Yes.

rekameohs

Banned
I can only imagine that every GBA game ever released will go up on the VC. I mean, Nintendo never says an innocuous comment and then is overhyped to the extreme, right?

Boogdud

Miis and unified accounts are even things to be excited about? I want some real effort on the vc or some new game announcements, those are worth getting excited over.

M3d10n

Technically they *are* tied to a network ID, but right now there's no way for consumers to log in with that ID on a different unit by themselves (customer support can do it). Nintendo can update the system to allow it... if they ever grow out of their paranoid fear of a small percent of their users having a chance of playing one copy a game on multiple devices.

Well, at the very least the unifying of accounts does open the possibility of cross-buy. I mean, it becomes way too embarrassing to have a single store list two versions of the same NES games for two different platforms, with two different prices and now 3DS owners will be able to bitch about it to no end at Miiverse.

Khaz

Technically they *are* tied to a network ID, but right now there's no way for consumers to log in with that ID on a different unit by themselves (customer support can do it). Nintendo can update the system to allow it... if they ever grow out of their paranoid fear of a small percent of their users having a chance of playing one copy a game on multiple devices.

Well, at the very least the unifying of accounts does open the possibility of cross-buy. I mean, it becomes way too embarrassing to have a single store list two versions of the same NES games for two different platforms, with two different prices and now 3DS owners will be able to bitch about it to no end at Miiverse.

Ooh yes, we'll share the Miiverse NES communities :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom