• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emily Rogers: Monday night, after the maintenance will be exciting for 3DS owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

spliced

Well she likely can't say the actual date which she would if she said everything that is happening with it.

So she's saying the date, but has to let us figure out what is going to happen, which the Direct does tell us that the updates are this month, we just didn't know what day.

Get what I'm saying?

Ah ok, I understand now.

I just got a Wii U today with 3D World (love it) and Wind Waker. My first Miiverse post was a (super awesome) drawing of Cat Luigi expelling a fart cloud, captioned as "Meoweegee poots!" or some shit like that. It was deleted in minutes...poot jokes, something straight out of adventure time, aren't allowed on Nintendo consoles. There goes my fun

I just got a Wii U today with 3D World (love it) and Wind Waker. My first Miiverse post was a (super awesome) drawing of Cat Luigi expelling a fart cloud, captioned as "Meoweegee poots!" or some shit like that. It was deleted in minutes...poot jokes, something straight out of adventure time, aren't allowed on Nintendo consoles. There goes my fun
Those Miiverse moderators keeping it classy.

-Horizon-

I doubt it'll be a unified account (maybe next gen Nintendo). Most likely just the December 3DS update they mentioned in the last Direct with Miiverse and all that stuff.

If unified accounts and cross buy were a thing in nintendo platforms, 3ds owners will have even more reasons to buy a Wii U , how can Nintendo be so blind ...

Ummm... Stupid question, but, who is Emily Rogers?
A woman who has done some wonderful connecting as far as Nintendo of America and indies are concerned.

She also gets firmware update info for some reason. She can't say much, though, and thus has to say vague hints like this one. Though in this case it's obvious.

oatmeal

Banned
It would be sweet if my 3DS could connect to the internet.

Just...stopped recently.

Streetpass works...internet does not.

It would be sweet if my 3DS could connect to the internet.

Just...stopped recently.

Streetpass works...internet does not.

Did you check your connection? Try to go to a McDonalds or Starbucks, wherever there's free WiFi and just try a connection, should work hopefully. :)

Kid Icarus Uprising 2!!!

It'll never happen, will it?

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

Josh7289

I don't care what they do with the service until they let me redownload all my purchases on any other console by simply signing in with my NNID on that other console, and of course let me transfer my saves and other game data as well.

Kandinsky

I'm not looking forward to this because Nintendo will start blocking the country change option and I will not be able to get into the eShop anymore.

phanphare

Banned

while it may not come with all the bells and whistles you would expect from a unified account, it is by definition what they're doing. 3DS and Wii U will use the same NNID after the update. unifying them, if you will

now what people really want when they clamor for unified accounts is digital downloads tied to that account, rather than the console, and some sort of cross buy

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
What the hell are people talking about in the first page? It's obviously the system update that was announced!

Josh7289

while it may not come with all the bells and whistles you would expect from a unified account, it is by definition what they're doing. 3DS and Wii U will use the same NNID after the update. unifying them, if you will

now what people really want when they clamor for unified accounts is digital downloads tied to that account, rather than the console, and some sort of cross buy

They heard our pleas but answered them literally.
KuGsj.gif

phanphare

Banned
They heard our pleas but answered them literally.
KuGsj.gif

in my personal opinion I think digital downloads being tied to accounts will definitely come this gen. whether that's 2014 or 2015 or whenever I don't know, but they seem to be slowly but surely moving there. if cross buy ever happens I doubt it will be free. I think they'll do it kind of like how they did Wii VC upgrades to Wii U. there will be a fee around $1-3 depending on which platform it's from. either that or they'll just add another buck or two on the price of digital only content and allow cross buy for "free"

purely speculation

dcx4610

Unified account system, cross buy games and universal Virtual Console!!!!

...wait. It's Nintendo. It's Miiverse.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Nothing stopping you from buying it now
other than your silly paranoia.

Just get it. I just beat the DLC case. Sooooo good.

On topic: Half Life 3DS.

It's not exactly silly paranoia. If you lose the system you have to jump through too many hoops to get your content back.

ozfunghi

if it were a unified account system... what are you expecting? If you own multiple 3DS systems or a 3DS and a WiiU? Because in that case... wouldn't WiiU owners need to be excited as well?

Hale-XF11

Probably just Miiverse and NNID, not exactly something to be excited about.

Now, if they release Flipnote on the same day, then I'll be excited.
Not gonna happen.

Bullza2o

Wait is there another reason for using NNIDs other than the balance and Miiverse? Like automatically adding current NNID friends on 3DS?

-Horizon-

if it were a unified account system... what are you expecting? If you own multiple 3DS systems or a 3DS and a WiiU? Because in that case... wouldn't WiiU owners need to be excited as well?

Basically, in case I lose my 3DS or something that it would insure that my downloaded games could be transferred to a new handheld. I mean I'm still downloading games now with no account in place but it would help remove that possibility of losing everything.

GBA games, I feel it in my balls...

image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom