• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emily Rogers: Monster Games NOT making Diddy Kong Racing Wii U

Vamphuntr

Her rumours about WiiU were so wrong, haha. Not any reason why I should trust her with this.

The Evil Pie men thread title was hilarious.

What were her Wii U rumors?

pikmin-endless_3.jpg

Vitor Navarrete

Neo Member
Didn't she accurately say that YouTube was coming for Wii.....AS WELL AS THE RELEASE DATE?

She knows her stuff.

No, she didn't get the release date right. IIRC she said it would be anounced in a ND but it wasn't. Then, out of nowhere, a month or so latter, Nintendo just released the app.

I believe in Emily Rogers.

She gets more right than Pachter.

I don't however believe Monster is making F-Zero, Wave Race or any other silly assumption people pull out of their butt oxen.

Nor do I believe EAD Tokyo's game will be called Mario Universe.

guek

Banned
Examples?

I remember a lot of the crap (including screen shots of Pikmin 3 and that Ocean game) from before E3 2011.

- The youtube app
- Wii U having 1GB for games (broke that like a day before the spec leak happened though no one remembers it. I do because she and I were talking to the exact same people. I also remember BGassassin saying she was wrong and then later saying he meant 2GB total)
- On Oct 23 she tweeted about an incoming Nintendo Direct which then occurred on Oct 25
- Sing becoming Sing Party
- Tantalus Media working on a Wii U game
- A bunch of indie game stuff but you apparently don't want to talk about that

At first I was like "how am I going to remember?" but fortunately the site you GO to for nintendo news has a good archive of old stories.

I talk to Emily a fair amount and I can tell you she's not some huge industry insider and doesn't really pretend to be. She just has a few friends in the industry, that's all. She gets a lot of flack for the stuff she got wrong years ago.

edit: oh, she also talked about multiple wii u skus.

AniHawk

I believe in Emily Rogers.

She gets more right than Pachter.

I don't however believe Monster is making F-Zero, Wave Race or any other silly assumption people pull out of their butt oxen.

Nor do I believe EAD Tokyo's game will be called Mario Universe.

it'll be called mario youniverse

- The youtube app
- Wii U having 1GB for games (broke that like a day before the spec leak happened though no one remembers it. I do because she and I were talking to the exact same people. I also remember BGassassin saying she was wrong and then later saying he meant 2GB total)
- On Oct 23 she tweeted about an incoming Nintendo Direct which then occurred on Oct 25
- Sing becoming Sing Party
- Tantalus Media working on a Wii U game
- A bunch of indie game stuff but you apparently don't want to talk about that

At first I was like "how am I going to remember?" but fortunately the site you GO to for nintendo news has a good archive of old stories.

I talk to Emily a fair amount and I can tell you she's not some huge industry insider and doesn't really pretend to be. She just has a few friends in the industry, that's all. She gets a lot of flack for the stuff she got wrong years ago.

That's great, but regardless of some of that stuff (which is pretty minor, let's be honest) almost all of the stuff she posted before E3 2011 was fake, false, or could have been predicted by anyone.

I wasn't talking about indie stuff because I know she has indie friends and does a lot of work with getting them involved in Nintendo. I respect her for that, but it doesn't make me believe she knows anything of significance, certainly not enough to say she's going to talk about stuff 'this year and E3'.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Could we please talk about her statement and a little bit less about the person?
What's there to say about the statement? Don't think many thought that's very likely to begin with.

I'd think if they were working with Nintendo it would be an excite thing or perhaps additional work for MKU like Retro's for MK7.

dwu8991

Banned
well, she's more credible that Pachter at least... wait, that doesn't amount to much...

if it wasn't for those stupid photos of PM3 and EO3, I would say she is into throwing shit at the wall

GulAtiCa

Is she in the gaming industry? She is tweeting directly about GAF which is a little strange.

She is responsible for helping out a lot of indie developers lately. A decent portion of the recent Wii U eShop indie developers were made possible with some help by her.

Top Bottom