• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emily Rogers: NX News From "Major Sites" Soon; "Sounds Expensive"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenixus

Kinda conflicts with 'bringing back the so-called Casual crowd' that others have been saying of late.

Maybe 2 skus? A cheap entry model and a high end one?

JCH!

My faith in Emily has greatly diminished these last couple of months.

I'm torn on the NX being expensive. If that extra cost is translated into power I would be super hyped but I don't see how a Nintendo console can be successful if it's priced over $300.

Is it really going to happen soon?!?!?!?

Cuz Ive had my brain turned off about NX for a few monsths now and Id rather now be sucked back in unless we get something substantial

I-hate-u

Expensive is good. That means they are putting together a respectable machine spec-wise.

Unless there is a gimmick in there that is jacking up the price.

Tranquilo

Banned
She needs to define "soon" otherwise it's hot air. At least give a window.

Wouldn't be surprised if we heard something Wednesday. 1st quarter report, right? If anything I bet we'll hear a date for the official reveal. Maybe Nintendo will officially reveal that it's planning a direct right before or during TGS.

People need to understand that legit information can still be wrong if something changes between the time a leak occurs and info is revealed officially.

For example, the Trev leak which was super accurate, even down to getting the code name for Pokemon Sun and Moon down 100%, also said the NX and Zelda BoTW would come out this year. We now know that won't happen, but all things considered this is probably because plans changed some time after the info leaked for whatever reason, and it was originally going to be released this holiday

I want to know everything about how nividia convinced nintendo if there really is no AMD. Like what kind of deal did they get.
I have to imagine they must have seriously delivered on what ever mobile you they are building for that cross compatibility

Neoxon

Wouldn't be surprised if we heard something Wednesday. 1st quarter report, right? If anything I bet we'll hear a date for the official reveal. Maybe Nintendo will officially reveal that it's planning a direct right before or during TGS.
As mentioned earlier, a date for the reveal is all I'm expecting if Emily's source is on the money. That is, unless some game news site hit a goldmine in terms of NX leaks.

ZOONAMI

Nintendo GTX?

If ninty managed to get a good deal on bulk pascal gtx1060s, probably cut down a bit for power draw, that would be dope.

Oh, so because they thought about it at one point, that means she's right?

If in 1996, someone said "There's a revision of FFVII's script where Sephiroth joins you permanently" and 10 years later Sakaguchi said, "Yeah, we planned on making Sephiroth permanent but scrapped it", then yes, because the fact that it was scrapped doesn't change that at some point in development it was happening.

We straight up heard Voice acting in the beginning of the demo from Probably Zelda, and it was outright confirmed in interviews there will be more voice acting for major scenes/characters

I mentioned that in my previous post to that user. They're acting as though we've seen NPCs other than that one voice and that they're all unvoiced.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Which patent? I remember a 3D patent but it used tracking, and it was from years ago.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/is-this-crazy-nintendo-patent-for-nx-3d-on-any-tv.454652409/

ZHMXypA.png

It would work on any standard TV (not 3DS-related)
The exemplary illustrative non-limiting technology herein enables 3D viewing on conventional 2D displays such as home television sets by tracking a person's viewpoint. Detecting a player's viewpoint movement to change the viewing of the displayed object gives the illusion that the object is physically present in three-dimensional space.

Game characters would be aware of your presence in the room
[0009] In other illustrative non-limiting implementations, additional game play capabilities are enabled to e.g., moving the user's head and body to position the eye as a natural motion to seeing 3D objects. This allows participating game players to for example dodge game objects, and to permit virtual game characters to be "aware" of the human game player's location and/or presence.

There may be some Augmented Reality functions
[0096] Augmented Reality. Some synthetic picture intermixed with the real world can be used. This is a quick and realistic possibility to e.g., project certain types of images such as robots or to play a chess game. If we can locate in the real world where a planar surface is, we could each look through this object and see the same virtual object augmented into the real world. A display that is 50% real world, 50% synthetic, with positioning techniques and way to possibly detect motion or position is possible.

Some kind of multiplayer option... I don't even know
[0098] It is possible to Invite your Curiosity by displaying the "inside" image on a screen that everyone could see. One way: cupped mirror could be half-reflective, one-way so observers can see an image of what the user is seeing. This gets a larger group involvement. Another way is to provide multiple head sets.

Other external stimuli could make it even more believable... Smell-O-Vision?
[0099] Enhancing the VR experience Additional output devices that enhance the experience can be provided. For example, we can put light out that is correlated to the image to provide "ultra wide field of view correlated lighting." Given that your eye does not see clearly in the periphery, this could still be useful and interesting.
[0100] Additionally, smell is a very strong sense. There may be some ways to produce aromas for a very strong experience.
[0101] Virtual wind could enhance the experience.
[0102] Temperature: blowing cool air on your face.

They might have solved headache problems
Lots of folks in the past require the users to focus far field and close up, but this can cause headaches. We can stay on one side of the focal point cone, to provide higher level of comfort.

It could detect your emotions
[0104] Detect Emotions via monitoring mental state. Brain wave detection, detect eye movement, heart rate monitor or the like can be used. If we provide goggles, we can also provide detectors (electrodes) fairly easily.

I just hope it's not expensive because of extremely specialized hardware, that ends up becoming dated quickly. (The Wii U situation.)

Neoxon

Non-x86 is a kiss of death for full dev support.
Not really. Most modern game engines support ARM regardless, so Nintendo wouldn't really be screwing themselves over. Plus it would allow Nintendo to streamline development between their console & handheld games by having both using an ARM CPU.

Arkeband

Banned
Why are we reposting rumors from this person after they flat out lied about Zelda and Mother 3?

I mentioned that in my previous post to that user. They're acting as though we've seen NPCs other than that one voice and that they're all unvoiced.

The hooded NPC who looks exactly like the King from Wind Waker was voiced? That's funny, I don't remember that.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
She broke Paper Mario. Though there was a job listing thing earlier, she and a couple others were the first to directly say it was indeed happening.

No, she was right about Paper Mario, several people decided to talk about that rumor at the same time, Emily included.
She was indeed wrong about female playable character in Zelda.

Months late? She was the one who first brought up with the rumors which proved correct.

False. Paper Mario Wii U rumors were out there weeks if not months before she said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom