• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emily Rogers: NX News From "Major Sites" Soon; "Sounds Expensive"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so tired from all these rumors. Just show the thing already Nintendo. They can't wait much longer (if they aren't delaying it, but then why did they set a release date not so long ago?).

Every time I hear something about the NX, it's either the end of the world or the second coming of Christ.

Arkeband

Banned
You know she's acknowledged that she used to be more reckless in her rumour-reporting and that she knows better than she did in 2011 (i.e. five years ago)?

From her stuff this year:
- One thing she's said has been disproved, BUT it was backed up by multiple other sources (including Destructoid) and Aonuma acknowledged that it came up during development
- Everything else she's said is either true or has not yet been disproved

Why go back to 2011? 5 years is a lot of time for people to change. It's not as if she has 5 straight years of misses.

Aonuma acknowledging that the idea was tossed around in development (and when he elaborated, clearly the idea thrown around was that you'd play Zelda instead of Link, hence, "what would Link do?") is a HUGE LEAP from her having heard from multiple sources that you'll be able to choose Link's gender. It's literally not even the same thing.

[QUOTE}

She said "most of the characters". Not everyone. We've seen one NPC who's voiced and one who isn't. That point she made hasn't been disproved./QUOTE]

In what way does "MOST" equate to "A FEW MOMENTS?

z2dHy2l.png

She said "most of the characters". Not everyone. We've seen one NPC who's voiced and one who isn't. That point she made hasn't been disproved.

IIRC Aonuma said something about voice acting too. Let me find that.

EDIT: Aonuma has said moments of voice acting. This backs up/doesn't contradict Emily.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/heres-why-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-has-voice-actin/1100-6441126/

Sorry, but I'm not going to be anywhere near a charitable here. Emily claim pretty much said that VA was going to be used for pretty much every character in the game, whereas Anouma is saying that they're only using it sparingly. Sorry, but as far as that one goes, she was wrong.

Flare

I'm so tired from all these rumors. Just show the thing already Nintendo. They can't wait much longer (if they aren't delaying it, but then why did they set a release date not so long ago?).

Every time I hear something about the NX, it's either the end of the world or the second coming of Christ.

Whynotboth.gif

But seriously, I think we can expect news on NX in September at the earliest. I'm leaning October/November.

Aldric

She said it was a rumor, then in an interview Anouma admitted that they toyed with the idea of a playable female character but he eventually decided against it.

Why are you trying to rationalize it? She got it wrong, and it's pretty significant as it's the one rumour that wasn't a safe bet. Voice acting and a NX release were pretty obvious things to bank on.

She has a spotty enough record everything she says should be taken with a grain of salt.

Nanashrew

Banned
A. She said that MOST of the characters are fully voiced and that's not the case,only a handful of characters are voiced, so she doesn't get to claim as a victory
B. Anyone with a brain could have seen Zelda coming to the NX
C. We're half way through 2016, E3 has come and gone and still not Mother 3.

Would you like to see all the other rumors Emily Rogers has proported?

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/e...ul-calibur-5-and-pikmin-3-for-cafe.202902441/

She claimed that GTA 5 and Soul Caliber 5 were guaranteed to come to the Wii U

>http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/e...-wrong-on-any-the-following-rumors.202749211/

She claimed that Paper Mario Sticker Star, Animal Crossing and other games were gonna be out before Christmas of 2011.

a1s7oS6.jpg

She claimed that Endless Ocean 3 was coming to the Wii U.

She has no credibility.

2011. She has better sources and is credible these days.

Keep bringing up the old stuff and invalidate yourself more.

A. She said that MOST of the characters are fully voiced and that's not the case,only a handful of characters are voiced, so she doesn't get to claim as a victory

A handful of what? We've seen two NPCs.

B. Anyone with a brain could have seen Zelda coming to the NX

This is like in the pre-SSB4 launch when people tried to dismiss the guy who said Wii Fit Trainer was just "a lucky guess".

C. We're half way through 2016, E3 has come and gone and still not Mother 3.

How many events has Nintendo had this year where they've made major announcements? One Direct focusing on Q2 games and one E3 covering only a handful of new announcements. We haven't even seen the NX reveal yet. There's plenty of time for announcements to occur.

Would you like to see all the other rumors Emily Rogers has proported?

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/e...ul-calibur-5-and-pikmin-3-for-cafe.202902441/

She claimed that GTA 5 and Soul Caliber 5 were guaranteed to come to the Wii U

>http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/e...-wrong-on-any-the-following-rumors.202749211/

She claimed that Paper Mario Sticker Star, Animal Crossing and other games were gonna be out before Christmas of 2011.

a1s7oS6.jpg

She claimed that Endless Ocean 3 was coming to the Wii U.

She has no credibility.

See my post above.

G.ZZZ

If it's costly it's seriously DOA unless it's like VR level amazing or better.

Costing more than 300 when the other two console will cost less seems just suicide. Wii had a lot of success also on the basis of the low starting price that induced a lot of people to try it, then word of mouth, and the rest is history.

AndvariVII

Neo Member
I don't mind if it uses ARM i'm ok with that PowerPC is much harder to program for I would like x86 but almost everything uses ARM now so it would be wise if they went with that.

A handful of what? We've seen two NPCs.

This is like in the pre-SSB4 launch when people tried to dismiss the guy who said Wii Fit Trainer was just "a lucky guess".

How many events has Nintendo had this year where they've made major announcements? One Direct focusing on Q2 games and one E3 covering only a handful of new announcements. We haven't even seen the NX reveal yet. There's plenty of time for announcements to occur.

See my post above.

One of those characters is a pivotal character who clearly plays an important role in the game and he doesn't speak.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
The thing with rumours is that Sometimes things pan out, sometimes they don't. Emily has been far more right than wrong in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom