• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eminem has a new album - Kamikaze

I can't get over how much his voice has changed. It's unbearably corny. Like he has no business making this kind of music anymore. He's also trying way too hard on his flow. He mentions how much he despises modern rap flow, which I'm sure we can all agree on, but EM sounds like value city brand Kool G Rap nowadays.

Mr Hyde

Listened to MGKs diss now and it was really good. It was also the first quality diss against Em since Everlast dropped "Whitey´s Revenge" about a hundred years ago. This beef feels a lot like the feud with Eminem vs Benzino, except this time the roles are reversed with Eminem being Benzino, old and decripit, trying to reignite his career with a bunch of disses and MGK being Eminem, upcoming, young and hungry. Gonna be real interesting to see where this leads to.

Last edited:

octiny

Banned
MGK is going to get wrecked along with whoever else ends up responding. Em baited them, which was his plan all along, even admits it in like 3 of the songs.

Porter said he's waiting for anybody else so he can take them all out in 1 song quick & painless.

Also comparing MGK to em at any point is laughable.

"Ya beard is weird" facepalm.jpg

Mr Hyde

Someones got a real hard on for Eminem in here I see. "Em baited them, it was his plan all along..." lol, what is this, kindergarten? Yeah, it sounds like a real masterplan, can´t wait to see it unfold.

octiny

Banned
Someones got a real hard on for Eminem in here I see. "Em baited them, it was his plan all along..." lol, what is this, kindergarten? Yeah, it sounds like a real masterplan, can´t wait to see it unfold.

Sounds like someone has no business being in this thread, cause clearly you didn't listen to the whole album. Shit, he even says it on "Fall".

But keep fighting the good fight! 👍

Joe T.

I really hated seeing Eminem placate the anti-Trump, social justice crowd with Revival, just didn't sound right at all, but watched Fall as well as MGK's response (top two trending videos on Youtube right now) and I'm loving it. Looks like I'll need to give his new album a listen.

Mahadev

I've been oblivious to mumble rap because I avoid that trash like a plague so I wasn't aware of the extend of the problem but Em's album and the discussions it sparked made me curious. So I've been watching this video about the """evolution""" of mumble rap (really degenerate stuff there, prepare to mourn for the music industry):

...and I see this comment:
Eminem just exterminated them. He's back.

I couldn't. stop. laughing.

Steez

I feel like this album needs the GOOD Music treatment.

Cut Normal, Kamikaze, Venom and rework Nice Guy and Bad Guy into one song, change the hooks on pretty much everything and this could've been a really solid 7 track release.

Either way, overall it's Em's best effort since, shit, probably Eminem Show, but I think this album also showcases Em's lack of creativity. Dude has been making the same album over and over again. Sometimes you get more dope rap features like Nickel or Joyner, sometimes it's an album full of dumpster juice hooks from Skylar Grey, but it's the same vibe, themes and soundscape every time. Marshall can still rap his ass off like nobody else, but I don't think he does anything really interesting with his projects.

Still hoping he gets to make his version of 4:44, but I imagine it's going to be business as usual on the next album.

octiny

Banned
What's up with the beef between Em and MGK? I missed all of it.

MGK said Eminems daughter was "hot as fuck" on Twitter when she was 16 & he was 21, then deleted it later on. Em banned him from a lot of gigs for it, and MGK has been complaining ever since. Most recently on a track he did back in March, MGK took a couple sublim shots. So EM finally threw some bait on "Not alike" essentially calling him a pedo. MGK came out with a career suicide response couple days later. Now everybody is just waiting for EM to do his thang.

Edit: EM is trolling at this point lol...FYI MGK has pac-man tattoos near his neck

Last edited:

God Enel

MGK said Eminems daughter was "hot as fuck" on Twitter when she was 16 & he was 21, then deleted it later on. Em banned him from a lot of gigs for it, and MGK has been complaining ever since. Most recently on a track he did back in March, MGK took a couple sublim shots. So EM finally threw some bait on "Not alike" essentially calling him a pedo. MGK came out with a career suicide response couple days later. Now everybody is just waiting for EM to do his thang.

Edit: EM is trolling at this point lol...FYI MGK has pac-man tattoos near his neck

Thanks! Kinda interesting in ems answer if there will ever be one. Btw is she hot?

After googling: she is. (Hope she's now over 18.)

highrider

Banned
MGK is going to get wrecked along with whoever else ends up responding. Em baited them, which was his plan all along, even admits it in like 3 of the songs.

Porter said he's waiting for anybody else so he can take them all out in 1 song quick & painless.

Also comparing MGK to em at any point is laughable.

"Ya beard is weird" facepalm.jpg

Lol, nobody is feeling em dude. He’s so isolated and removed from hip hop, and no matter how complicated his lyrical delivery is, it sounds shit, and the production is shit. MGK at least has emotional content in his work, it’s not only about lyrics and delivery. He’s clout chasing MGK at this point.

Mr Hyde

Kamikaze is good, more so than any of his latest output, but still a far cry from his earlier work. The problem for me with Eminem is that he has become the one thing he himself loathed when he was younger; an old and grumpy dude who tries to reignite his career into relevance by attacking and bullying others.

When Em beefed with Everlast in the late 90s he attacked him with lines such as "Sittin on stage, strummin acoustic guitar in your ear, so you start to get scared, sit back and spark an idea, figure you can diss me to jumpstart your career." And in previous lines he said "peckerwood mad cause his record went wood, no respect in the hood, fled to his neck of the woods, and said heck, country western rap records are good".

This reminds me of current Eminem. His latest albums, with Revival as the recent, were so fucking embarrassing that he has begun to lose respect in the hiphop community. Revival failed big time, both with audiences and critics, that he sparked an idea to create buzz for himself by dissing other, more relevant rappers as much as he could on Kamikaze, all for the sake of being in the spotlight again. And the line about "country western rap records are good"? Well, just switch out country with pop, and you have the Eminem of today. He can collaborate with any rapper in the world, yet he chooses to make pop songs with Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, Rihanna and Beyonce, artists that he would have dissed the fucking shit out of in his younger days. Everlast did a transition to cross genres and Eminem mocked him for it, yet Eminem does the same thing years later.

On Bully, one of the greatest diss tracks of all time, Em viciously attacks Benzino and Source for trying to destroy his image and fuck with his livelihood. He raps "he uses his magazine to trash me, sits with both his feet up at his desk, smokes a bag of his weeds and starts imagining things, and he just can´t see he´s manically depressed".

Yet again, very reminiscent of current Eminem. He bullies Machine Gun Kelly by banning him from his Shade 45 studio, all for the sake of one lousy tweet six years ago. For what, calling her "hot as fuck"? I would have understood it if it was a 50-year old creeper, but here it was a 5-year gap between his daughter and kelly, with him being 21 and Hailie being 16. I agree that you shouldn´t involve other family members, and it is known that Em is very protective of his daughter, but this is just Em being paranoid and taking things to far. Talk about having a grudge if you wait six years to respond.

I made an analogy before about Eminem being Benzino when those two squared off, because it just so resembles who Eminem is right now. He´s turning 46, well past his prime, and now he goes after those he thinks are fucking with either him or the industry. Benzino did exactly that when he dissed Eminem. He was old and grumpy, mad because he missed his boat and lashed out at Eminem for being successful, not because of his talent, but because of his skin colour. He said that the hiphop industry was at fault for allowing Eminem (and white rappers in general) to talk about personal topics, whereas black rappers could only rap about bitches and parties in order to chart.

I used to have the biggest respect for Eminem. He stood up against a lot of shit and he was clever about it too, creating some of the best songs in the history of rap. But now his flame has faded so much I just think it would be better if he put the mic down. I´m all about growing up and evolve, both as a human being and as an artist, but given Eminems history and the way he presented himself as a rapper and musician in the beginning, his new output just makes him come off as a giant hypocrit.

Last edited:

octiny

Banned
Lol, nobody is feeling em dude. He’s so isolated and removed from hip hop, and no matter how complicated his lyrical delivery is, it sounds shit, and the production is shit. MGK at least has emotional content in his work, it’s not only about lyrics and delivery. He’s clout chasing MGK at this point.

Bruh you sound like Joe Budden who had to lie on his podcast because he can't cut it anymore, as noted by Crooked.

Sounds like you're clearly removed from hip hop because it's pretty damn clear the whole world is feeling EM except for butt hurt Trump fans & people who never liked him in the first place.

Lol your post reminds me of the same people who are mad the album is doing so well with absolutely zero promotion. Shit was fiiiirree.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Couldn’t of disagree with you anymore, em’s Shots, disses and beefs are better than any other beef we got going now (50 cent vs Mayweather (lol), Kanye/Pusha vs Drake)
DieAntwoord ?

What's up with the beef between Em and MGK? I missed all of it.
Ninja responded with this

I believe Em said something along the lines of yolandi fucking Ninja’s producer.

DeSo

Banned
Who the fuck is MGK? Who cares?

Go listen to some Pusha T and Denzel Curry. Move on from these scuffed hip hop artists.

highrider

Banned
Bruh you sound like Joe Budden who had to lie on his podcast because he can't cut it anymore, as noted by Crooked.

Sounds like you're clearly removed from hip hop because it's pretty damn clear the whole world is feeling EM except for butt hurt Trump fans & people who never liked him in the first place.

Lol your post reminds me of the same people who are mad the album is doing so well with absolutely zero promotion. Shit was fiiiirree.

Cool, so em is putting out quality for the last decade, hmmm ok bro 😂

highrider

Banned
Yup, quite a few tracks actually. You sound so butt hurt as if Em screwed your girl or something :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Don't cut yourself on that edge.

So there are people that still say butt hurt unironically, amazing. But you’ve represented yourself eloquently👌, although it doesn’t change the hierarchy of music and where em is now as opposed to the height of his career.

octiny

Banned
So there are people that still say butt hurt unironically, amazing. But you’ve represented yourself eloquently👌, although it doesn’t change the hierarchy of music and where em is now as opposed to the height of his career.

giphy.gif

womfalcs3

Banned
This whole "diss track" stuff is kindergarten level.

MGK trying to go at Enimen with that weak ass style is sooooooo funny. I don't think any rapper all-time can top Eminem in beef.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeSo

Banned
lmao. who the fuck wants to listen to some edgelord clown rap about anime, south park, and pokemon?

TA13OO is one of the best hip hop albums of the year, just admit you have no idea about the genre

Last edited:

brap

Banned
TA13OO is one of the best hip hop albums of the year, just admit you have no idea about the genre
Like I said if you wanna listen to some kid rap about pop culture then go ahead. Some of us can't stomach that embarrassing dogshit.

I wasn't comparing their primes, I was comparing their albums.

Eminem has never released an album as good as Reasonable Doubt. I don't care how good a rapper he is (Em is one of the best), hip hop is more than just how well you can rap.

And yes, 4:44 shits all over this album.

And there we have the reason why Jay-Z is the best entrepreneur in hip hop history. I see this comment all the time. In the past ten years Reasonable Doubt has been put on a level that it has no business being in. I bought it in 1996 and I enjoyed it, and even though It was a nice album, there were at least 5 better albums that came out that year. At least. Yet here we are talking about it like it's some once in a lifetime masterpiece.

DeSo

Banned
I didn't call it a masterpiece. I just said Eminem has never released an album as good as it.

Gabrius

This is how you do political hip-hop:

.......it also helps if you release it when it is relevant instead of ~2 years after the fact............... but then again that response to MGK took 6 years so who knows >_>

It's hilarious seeing people talk about how irrelevant Em is when you consider he keeps breaking records, who's really the irrelevant one here

Gabrius

Hiphop really hasn't ever been about number of record sales when it comes to the true fans tho..... I think you're looking for pop or country music - they're down the hallway a few doors down ;)

Last edited:

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
It's hilarious seeing people talk about how irrelevant Em is when you consider he keeps breaking records, who's really the irrelevant one here
I'm assuming it's a "street cred" argument. Like, before when he was breaking records it was because he was new and exciting and had good flow and all that...but now he's perceived to just be past his prime, but the public still eats it up because he's Eminem.

Not my opinion personally, but I suspect that's the argument.

Gabrius

Drake will be considered the greatest rapper of all time in a few years if we're measuring that shit by amount of money printed

Last edited:
Top Bottom