• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Empire of Sin will be coming to PC, Mac, Switch, Xbox and PlayStation consoles in 2020

Michele

you.
b1fJqUw.png

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Empire of Sin will be coming to PC, Mac Switch, Xbox and PlayStation consoles in 2020.

Thanks mods for the title change (y)

Last edited:

Tbone3336

Gold Member
Combat looks like Xcom or wasteland 2 type of turn based combat with world building of your syndicate. Looks interesting with the the economy building of your syndicate, but I just wonder how deep the combat might be given the nature of the game being a more realistic setting. Will definitely give this a look though as more games along these lines are definitely welcome by me, especially on Consoles.

Nigel

That's good to hear. I've always wanted a game like this. I tried out a game called "Omerta – City of Gangsters" which was immensely disappointing.

This looks amazing. We need more strategy games and city builders and shit just games like this. This could be done with so many time periods. Damn excited about this.

Bluecondor

I don't have a good feeling about this delay.

Just from the previews I read back in the fall of 2019, every preview seemed to emphasize the same points about your crew developing alcohol problems or possibly falling in love with rivals and catching VD - which would make them lose their mind, etc. Every time I read this and thought about random personal problems with your crew as a game mechanic, it just sounded like something that would get stale pretty quickly.

For me, this game would have had to have had a really compelling turn-based strategy component overlayed by an interesting economic/organized crime sim that didn't involve too much micromanagement in order to keep things going. It might be too much to ask (i.e. the turn-based strategy and high level economic sim might just be too ambitious), as this could easily become one of those games that has dozens of tedious micro-level tasks to cover in each turn.

Here's hoping I'm completely wrong though - as I would love to have a compelling new organized crime game set in 1920s Chicago!

Bryank75

Banned
This game looks so awesome, I didn't even know about it till I happened upon it when I was watching some video about John Romero....

I loved Jagged Alliance 2 and Civ and I love gangster films and all of that scene, we really don't have enough games about the Mafia and the Mob etc.
I mean Mafia 3 was a huge disappointment all round I believe....

I'll definitely get this on release, what a year for gaming!

Last edited:
Top Bottom