• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulator Screenshot Thread

5olid_5nake

hrZdq3.png

eOl7qa.png

A8qF3R.png

I like how in the last picture those candles look like eyes :D.

5olid_5nake

Are you using the widescreen hack? Some of the shadows in the first shot are not lined up properly. The last shot looks good though.

I was actually, maybe I should switch back to 4:3 (but it looks so good in 16:9).
Maybe there are some codes for widescreen, I should probably google it :D.

In the meantime

yw4fQ7.png

MQxzVx.png

NwRdr0.png

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Please don't put your images in QUOTE codes, it has no effect on how long they take to load and the entire point of this thread is to share screenshots.
No point in requiring everyone one extra step to view the full sized screenshot since the forum automatically resizes images to the post width.

SScorpio

Man I am enjoying this game so much I can't believe I missed out on this series for so long. More screenshots here in this album (Spoilers). Also PCSX-2 Settings.

The Yakuza games are really fun. I feel the first game had the strongest story, but they are fun enough to play through all of them even if they get repetitive.

Mark Hamill does an great job in the first game, and I miss him in the sequels. Though the Japanese VO is also good.

My favorite part of the series is:
When you have Haruka following you around and you get into fights. It's great how people run up and start cheering. But there's just something about a innocent little girl cheering you on as you bash a bike into someone's head.

Radius4

Not what you'd call beautiful or bleeding edge, but a neat experiment none the less

RetroArch-0303-000642.png

Dosbox libretro running pitfall :D

Peltz

The characters are so low poly.

I actually think the low poly-ness is cool looking. Makes it more distinct.

We never really get to see such clean looking low poly games in any other context. I think it should be something more devs strive for... like retro-pixelated graphics or cell shading.

bomblord1

Banned
I actually think the low poly-ness is cool looking. Makes it more distinct.

We never really get to see such clean looking low poly games in any other context. I think it should be something more devs strive for... like retro-pixelated graphics or cell shading.

Not my thing personally I like a clean aesthetic but super low poly characters look out of place IMO.

This isn't to bash the guy uploading the screens. The screens are great it's just the characters look really low poly.

5olid_5nake

Guys, agreed, the characters are low poly :D, but it's just the way the game was made, and the vision of the developers.And those characteristics come more to light when I turn on 4x internal res xD.
I also agree that the artistic vision of MK8 (to me at least) is somehow more apealing than the on for MK wii, but only slightly.

I can't even imagine how Mario Kart 8 would look like at 4x internal res.

owM27a.png

ZH3eGY.png

lz2Oq5.png

Radius4

Wow thats awesome, how can I do this???

You use the dosbox libretro core like any other core with one difference, you load dosbox cfg files or exes. In this case it's advisable to load a cfg file that mounts the win95 hdd image you want to use.

The complicated part is installing windows. I followed this guide

My default config is the following:
http://hastebin.com/sitoxebiku.vala

Once it was working it was all matter of injecting pitfall, configuring controls and voila!

Red

I can only keep up in this thread for like 30 posts, anything after that and my PC stops loading the page after a few minutes.

Top Bottom