• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulator Screenshot Thread

irmas

Beautiful colors in those God of War 2 shots. Well done.
Thanks! here is a split screen comparison, I tried to boost the colors but not over saturate everything.

FMrb.jpg

Dem GOW2 shots...my fav game in the series deserves this!!!

Thanks! got more on the way :)

At 1080p what looks better, GoW2 on PS3 or PC?

Depends on a few small things. Using PCSX2 1.3.1-58 to emulate GoW2 there are still a few issues. Player and NPC shadows do not work/show using Hardware rendering and are missing from all my shots. Some areas have graphical glitches (bright white square showing in the middle of the screen) with hardware rendering but can be fixed by using "Skipdraw=2". Using software rendering, it will look identical to the PS2 version.

Software Rendering using native PS2 resolution:
GMrb.jpg

Software Rendering using native PS2 resolution blown up to my monitors native 2650x1440 res:
JMrb.jpg

Never realised the God Of War games on PS2 have such fantastic art direction. Nintendo quality, really.

fully agree

irmas

-Pcsx2 v1.3.1-58
-8192x4608>1440p
-Widescreen
-Reshade with MasterEffect Reborn
-Bloom
-Tonemapping
-Vibrance

KMrb.jpg

LMrb.jpg

MMrb.jpg

irmas

-Pcsx2 v1.3.1-58
-8192x4608>1440p
-Widescreen
-Bloom
-Tonemapping
-Vibrance

OMrb.jpg

PMrb.jpg

RMrb.jpg

irmas

-Pcsx2 v1.3.1-58
-8192x4608>1440p
-Widescreen
-Bloom
-Tonemapping
-Vibrance

SMrb.jpg

TMrb.jpg

UMrb.jpg

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Those are very impressive. Could easily pass for a game a generation above. I felt the same playing Soul Reaver 2 and LoK Defiance on PC, both look astonishingly good for such old games.

irmas

-Pcsx2 v1.3.1-58
-8192x4608>1440p
-Widescreen
-Bloom
-Tonemapping
-Vibrance

CXrb.jpg

EXrb.jpg

FXrb.jpg

irmas

-Pcsx2 v1.3.1-58
-8192x4608>1440p
-Widescreen
-Bloom
-Tonemapping
-Vibrance

GXrb.jpg

HXrb.jpg

IXrb.jpg

irmas

-Pcsx2 v1.3.1-58
-8192x4608>1440p
-Widescreen
-Bloom
-Tonemapping
-Vibrance

JXrb.jpg

KXrb.jpg

MXrb.jpg

irmas

-Pcsx2 v1.3.1-58
-8192x4608>1440p
-Widescreen
-Bloom
-Tonemapping
-Vibrance

2Yrb.jpg

QXrb.jpg

RXrb.jpg

I'm loving the God of War shots, but you should really slow it down and check the OP.
Thread rules below:
4. Limit of 3 images per post doesn't matter if they are from different games the same game or running on different platforms. Only 3.
5. No double posting.

Also, it'd help if you'd put the images in quote tags so they don't stretch everyone's browsers like crazy.

epmode

Also, it'd help if you'd put the images in quote tags so they don't stretch everyone's browsers like crazy.

I keep seeing people say stuff like this but GAF images never bleed offscreen for me. If they're too big, the forum automatically shrinks them to the width of my Chrome window. Doesn't it work like that for everyone?

I keep seeing people say stuff like this but GAF images never bleed offscreen for me. If they're too big, the forum automatically shrinks them to the width of my Chrome window. Doesn't it work like that for everyone?
It does, you're right, but it's still massive. I like being able to see more than one post at a time, and I'm sure I'm not totally alone in that.

irmas

I'm loving the God of War shots, but you should really slow it down and check the OP.

I did check the rules. The thread was moving kind of slow so I figured I'd keep posting. I'm done with the GoW II shots and I can delete some of the posts if needed.

bomblord1

Banned
Love the shots but aside from the issues already brought up one of those has nudity in it which I believe is against gafs TOS you might want to delete that.

Thread is moving kind of slow though lol would love to see some revived interest.

irmas

Love the shots but aside from the issues already brought up one of those has nudity in it which I believe is against gafs TOS you might want to delete that it.

Thread is moving kind of slow though lol would love to see some revived interest.

Done!

rbenchley

I'm looking for the best PSX emulator setup for a clean, high resolution picture for my games. I have absolutely no interest in an "authentic" experience with scanlines and CRT shaders. Last time I played around with PSX emulation, it seemed that using the AA shader + Natural Vision was the probably my best bet. Does anyone else have any recommendations?

bomblord1

Banned
I'm looking for the best PSX emulator setup for a clean, high resolution picture for my games. I have absolutely no interest in an "authentic" experience with scanlines and CRT shaders. Last time I played around with PSX emulation, it seemed that using the AA shader + Natural Vision was the probably my best bet. Does anyone else have any recommendations?

epsxe is the only one I know of that works without a bios.

rbenchley

epsxe is the only one I know of that works without a bios.

I'm familiar with the all of the various emulators and their requirements. I was looking more for things like settings and recommended plugins and shaders to get the best visuals, but I appreciate the reply!

Arcadius

Banned
I'm familiar with the all of the various emulators and their requirements. I was looking more for things like settings and recommended plugins and shaders to get the best visuals, but I appreciate the reply!

I use PCSX-R, one of the plugins features an anti-judder fix for games. It fixes many of the issues with the PlayStations juddering textures and polygons. Lines become straight and it acts like anisotropic filtering with how good everything looks far away. You could also use shaders if you want, but I don't meddle with that stuff.

bomblord1

Banned
I really gotta get ahold of this game at some point. A Level-5 (Dark Cloud, Ni No Kuni) game combined with the Akira Toriyama art style sounds incredible

It's really fun but also incredibly long 80+ hours i've been going at it off and on for weeks and still am not finished

Been playing Drakengard because some recent updates to pcsx2 made it more playable but there is still a graphical glitch that happens when you use a special attack. Although the game doesn't look great even when emulated and the game used a strong amount of motion blur that makes it hard to get good screenshots. The combat is bad but whenever you fly the dragon it is okay. Settings: You can not use custom resolution and "Automatic Gamefixes" must be check.

17140972046_ae36892989_o.png

16544486234_30272e9e08_o.png

bomblord1

Banned
Been playing Drakengard because some recent updates to pcsx2 made it more playable but there is still a graphical glitch that happens when you use a special attack. Although the game doesn't look great even when emulated and the game used a strong amount of motion blur that makes it hard to get good screenshots. The combat is bad but whenever you fly the dragon it is okay. Settings: You can not use custom resolution and "Automatic Gamefixes" must be check.

17140972046_ae36892989_o.png

16544486234_30272e9e08_o.png

I was about to ask why that was so blurry but your post cleared it up. Could you try getting some shots of things sitting still? You could also try enabling skipdraw to some amounts or enabling aggressive CRC which may get rid of it.

RMCP01115.jpg

RMCP01112.jpg

Edit: and Sonic Riders 1080p 8xAA

GXEE8P21.jpg

Hey hey, looks good I should be getting my new GPU today so I'll be jumping back in here soon ;).

Peltz

I remember when that game first came out a review said it was like "something 10 years out of the future". Seeing how the graphics still hold up today with only a resolution bump and some color injectors I would have to agree!

If you play this game on a Sony PVM CRT... even in 480i... it honestly looks as good as any other game I've seen. Such strong art direction and it really shines on the right display.

I really wish I had a 480p CRT to see it the way it was really meant to be seen. Still, even upscaled to 1080p, it looks great.

And here, rendered in HD natively, it also looks phenomenal. It seems to be one of those games that just looks "right" no matter how you choose to experience it.

I was about to ask why that was so blurry but your post cleared it up. Could you try getting some shots of things sitting still? You could also try enabling skipdraw to some amounts or enabling aggressive CRC which may get rid of it.

Tried using skipdraw and aggressive CRC but neither of them removed the motion blur unfortunately. I did find out last night that when using Hardware mode some graphical effects are missing so I am not sure if there is a graphical glitch cause by the emulation. Here are some screenshot when standing still:

16561337413_e238e27f55_o.png

16974100897_629e8fa481_o.png

16995328039_db86a244ba_o.png

bomblord1

Banned
Tried using skipdraw and aggressive CRC but neither of them removed the motion blur unfortunately. I did find out last night that when using Hardware mode some graphical effects are missing so I am not sure if there is a graphical glitch cause by the emulation. Here are some screenshot when standing still:

16561337413_e238e27f55_o.png

16974100897_629e8fa481_o.png

16995328039_db86a244ba_o.png

Try holding Triangle and X at the same time (using full boot not fast) as the game comes on to make it run in progressive scan mode. It does look a little better standing still though.

Try holding Triangle and X at the same time (using full boot not fast) as the game comes on to make it run in progressive scan mode. It does look a little better standing still though.

Thanks for the help but after holding Triangle and X the motion blur was still there. Anyway I beat the game (or at least got 4 out of the 5 endings) so I am moving on to the second game. Luckily I found some settings that make the second playable in hardware mode and I should be able to beat it by the time Drakengard 3 gets here from Amazon.

bomblord1

Banned
Thanks for the help but after holding Triangle and X the motion blur was still there. Anyway I beat the game (or at least got 4 out of the 5 endings) so I am moving on to the second game. Luckily I found some settings that make the second playable in hardware mode and I should be able to beat it by the time Drakengard 3 gets here from Amazon.

Well that's good at least. Sorry that I didn't have a solution.

Moobabe

This might be the best place to ask

Has anyone set up a DS4 on dolphin? I've managed to get it all configured and while Dolphin recgonises the control the game itself doesn't.

Top Bottom