• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

End of Eternity News thread (Sega x tri-Ace, 360/PS3)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Die Squirrel Die said:
Any descriptions? Overall what's it look like? Fantasy-ish? Medieval-ish? Sci-Fi-ish? Something else-ish?

Image 1: Guy face palming guy 2. Guy 2 has a gun. It looks a ton like the art style and character design out of Final Fantasy Versus XIII but more subtle.

Image 2: Girl standing on the ledge of one of the buildings in the city. Very FFvsXIII like architecture there as well.

Image 3: The sky tower from the teaser page. It's connected to some kind of city made of circular buildings.

Image 4: It's basically the teaser picture but you see the statue from the front but in CG. The church also seems whole, so it might be a different church/statue that are just similar.

iceatcs

Nirolak said:
Image 1: Guy face palming guy 2. Guy 2 has a gun. It looks a ton like the art style and character design out of Final Fantasy Versus XIII but more subtle.

Image 2: Girl standing on the ledge of one of the buildings in the city. Very FFvsXIII like architecture there as well.

Image 3: The sky tower from the teaser page. It's connected to some kind of city made of circular buildings.

Image 4: It's basically the teaser picture but you see the statue from the front but in CG. The church also seems whole, so it might be a different church/statue that are just similar.
And Famitsu new thread got all the advert pics links.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
scans are pretty sweet

I think Sega bought half the issue for the unveiling..

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dragona Akehi said:
tri-Ace hasn't broken off relations with S-E if that's what you're asking. Far from it.

Since this is an ad, it's kosher so I'll post here:

1616.jpg
So what are the exceptions now? We can post Covers, end page teasers, indexes, and ads now? So all we can't post is the articles and the pictures they contain then?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Guys I think Sega just blew their ad budget for the next 6 months

Boulayman

It kinda looks like a versus with less magic and more guns ^^ One of the scans is very surprising, it features a character with a gun aiming using a target reticle and it makes the gameplay look more shooter oriented than rpg oriented.

Sqorgar

Banned
Isn't Sega, like, really slow when localizing RPGs? Still waiting on a Yakuza or two, any hint of 7th Dragon, and I think Sands of Destruction was delayed fifteen years, just because they could...

jiggle

Reminds me more of FF7/Advent Children. Midgar like city, muted colors, and the characters remind me Genesis and Aerith.

Drkirby said:
So what are the exceptions now? We can post Covers, end page teasers, indexes, and ads now? So all we can't post is the articles and the pictures they contain then?

No, but everyone can talk about them with winks and nods to each other.

Boulayman

Second said:
The look of the game reminds me of Shadow Hearts.
And that's a good thing.

Actually, that's a very good comparison. Now that I think of it, the release art also reminds me very strongly of that series (the Covenant one in particular) but with a more futuristic setting and more guns ^^

Aeana

FateBreaker said:
One of these screens remind me of Parasite Eve 1. I don't know why, but this is obviously a good thing.:lol
Part of the battle description actually reminded me of Parasite Eve when I was reading it.

Johann

Drkirby said:

I think they would want the ad to reach as many people as possible. Unless Famitsu actually PAID Tri-Ace and Sega to put their ad in the magazine as some sort of bizarre exclusive deal.

We'll probably see a blow out on the official site and Famitsu in a few days.

thaOwner

OK, am definitely interested in this. Loving the dark theme so far. If they do a superb job with the voice acting, this might be something
really huge.

Boulayman

Firestorm said:
Infinite Undiscovery
End of Eternity

tri-Ace has crazy names.

Good point, I agree that they're both crazy but tbf I like End of eternity far better as a title personally. It sounds mysterious and kind of romantic. On the other hand Infinite Undiscovery sounds like engrish to me. I haven't played that game though so maybe it makes sense in the context of that game's plot.

Firestorm

Boulayman said:
Good point, I agree that they're both crazy but tbf I like End of eternity far better as a title personally. It sounds mysterious and kind of romantic. On the other hand Infinite Undiscovery sounds like engrish to me. I haven't played that game though so maybe it makes sense in the context of that game's plot.
It doesn't.

Boulayman

Then again, when you really think about it. Final Fantasy, that's a pretty bad name. :lol

I love most FF games but the title does sound kind of silly. Star Ocean is a great name on the other hand.

Top Bottom