• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

End of September "What are you playing?" Roll Call

8bit

Knows the Score
Lego Star Wars 2, just finished Yakuza and trying to build up the courage to go back to Okami after having my ears raped for the first 15 minutes or so.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
281438b.jpg
938830b.jpg
939294b.jpg
281522b.jpg

I don't even know where I'm finding the time to play all these, since things are really picking up for the Christmas season at work. And I'm thinking about picking up my copy of Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria today...maybe...maybe...

Aeana

Since my computer can finally run it:
the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-pc-packshot_tn.jpg

But it will have to take a back seat once Gensou Sangokushi 2 arrives
package.gif

I started Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria but I had to put it on the back burner because the difficulty ramp wasn't something I felt like dealing with right now. Okami is there, too, but only because I want a good stretch of time to devote to it.

I'm starting to think I'll never get to record my DQ5r run. Games need to stop coming out. :(

Skirn

B000FJSIUA.01-A23NLORBGXOLEO._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V62192202_.jpg

Just got it yesterday (Hey, I live in Europe :)). Very good singleplayer campaign so far, it almost has this Band of Brothers feel to it and the missions seem to be pretty diverse from one another. Can't wait til I get my online account sorted out.

ccnr0.jpg

I'm ashamed that it took me 6years just to import and finally getting around to playing Chrono Cross.. Goddamn, living in the PAL area for RPGs was horrific before the PS2-era.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Just finished Psychonauts. A fun game, but definitely not what it had been hyped up to be.
Also finished Xenosaga ep II a few days ago. An OK game, with quite a lot of issues. But I still want to continue the story, so I may have to pick up ep III as well. :p

Now playing Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call. And probably Clock Tower 3 and Suikoden V.

Orodreth

Geometry "Crack" ( cant get more than 300k but is so addicting... )

geometry-wars.jpg

I´m also completing N3 achievements, playing some multi PDZ and trying the finish FFX during the weekend.

Tr4nce

Odysseus said:
It's after TGS. It's after X06 (right?). So what are you playing? You know, in between arguing over tangible differences between White Knight and Blue Dragon's graphics and Assassin's Creed's AI.

Still replaying FFX. Probably the best Final Fantasy I've played. That's right, best. Better than IV. Better than VII. Better than... X-2. Yeah, I said it. Better than X-2. QUOTE ME ON THAT. Anyway, I'm on the airship after defeating
Yunalesca

B00005TNI6.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V40902800_.jpg

Before anyone trips, I will point out I haven't played VI, VIII, or IX. I never finished V, but I played most of it.

Yeah, it's also my fav Final Fantasy till this day. I'm currently playing DQ8, have to defeat the last boss and for Final Fantasy X, well it's broken!! It's totally kaputski! So, I have to buy a new one but that's no biggy, because here it's platinum for around $20. Will replay it again one day!! I love you, Auron!! I'll be back soon!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Just finished Tomb Raider Legend. Trying to get into Dead Rising. Loving NHL 2K7 and Okami. Plan on working on Okami, DR, and Company of Heroes this weekend.

Still need to get back to Saints Row and *gulp* Oblivion.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Finishing Megaman ZX, and just starting Rocket Slime. Lots of WoW when I have time too.

My PS2 pile is growing. Can't stop buying the latest releases, can't dedicate time to them.

-Yakuza: Somewhere in Chapter 6, mostly just curious to see where this story gos more than relishing the combat and citysploration.

-VP2: Ugh, just ran through the first dungeon, but I'll probably sit it out for awhile as I want to clear other games before dedicating time...and then next thing you know FF12 is upon us.

-Okami: 5 hours in, only just cleared the first dungeon.

On 360, I have Lego: SW2, and Sam Warriors 2, both of which I think I've exhausted enough time with to care anymore.

Victrix

*beard*
Finished my Megaman blitz, at least the first part of it, completing

Megaman Battle Network
Megaman Zero
Megaman Zx

Playing Rocket Slime and Okami, and continuing the Megaman binge with Zero 2 and BN2

Forsete

Gold Member
Lego Star Wars 2 before my PC decided to die. So now I'm not playing anything. Waiting for GTA VCS for the PSP and MGS2S for PS2.

jjasper

Megaman ZX, and NCAA football '07

I need to go pick up Okami and VP:S but I already have DDS 1 looking at me everyday waiting to be played.

Meier

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue, Yakuza, Chibi-Robo and Madden 07 (360). I beat Kameo in like 2 or 3 days recently.. pretty good game IMO. I also bought DQ8 recently since it was $20, but I havent had a chance to play it yet.. never played a DQ game at all in fact.

I intend to rent Okami, VP2 and possibly buy Rocket Slime in the coming weeks.

Two pretty good pick-ups recently, $15 for BW, $25 for Table Tennis.

220546b.jpg

-- Went through Stage 5 so far. Enjoying it so far, with a nicely ramped stage/tutorial progression. The character art and such that seemed a little off in promotional materials actually works quite nicely in the context of the game

200165b.jpg

-- Slick and efficiently designed, though not one I'd go to for an extended sit down. Oddly, despite unlocking several other--presumably more potent--characters, I remain partial to initial characters Haley and Luc.

Smokey

I bought NBA2k7, Live 07, Saint's Row, Dead Rising, and Test Drive Unlimited all on Tuesday for $158(I love employee discounts:) ). However only one of these titles have seen action and that is:

3625789118.jpg

Heaven on a disc. I'm gonna take Live back and put that money towards something useful(Splinter Cell:Double Agent).

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
120440e.jpg

Started playing today, so far it's pretty awesome.

B0000A1P36.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

^This was a pretty big surprise for me, this game is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Now I feel like getting the first one too.

B00004KHB7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Orodreth said:
Geometry "Crack" ( cant get more than 300k but is so addicting... )

geometry-wars.jpg
IBTN... although I got over 300k once the other day. 500k or 1m is still a distant dream, though.

Lately:
Doom XBLA
DQA: Rocket Slime
Okami

Going on a trip this weekend and bringing my DS... hope to make a good bit of headway in Megaman ZX and Rocket Slime. Maybe I'll finally beat RSG in hard on Ouendan, too...

Mar

I'm going to ignore games that I've put off or yet to complete in a way that satisfies me (besides just getting the ending screen). And just include games that I'm actually playing right now:

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

Yep, still haven't finished it. It's been going for a few months now. Great game, but taking my time with it. Almost finished. A few more pieces of triforce.

Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins.

Got it a few days ago, along with a PSP. One of the best games I've ever played. Loving it to death. Which is quite apt, because death is quite common in this game.

Yakuza and trying to finish DQ8: Journey of The Cursed King. For next month, Im gonna get FF12 and try to finish Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker again before TP comes out

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I don't play games as much lately, so I'm not making great progress. But I'm ok with that as I'm getting more out of the ones I bother with.

Forced myself to hold off on getting further in Okami to finish Yakuza. This game is definitely not without issues. Some of the camera and fighting issues are incredibly frustrating. The loading is atrocious. But it's really compelling like a bad Yakuza film. I wish we had more of these action/rpg type titles that took place in modern times, but felt they needed to be as epic and corny as the generic fantasy rpg pieces we're so familiar with. I'm glad this isn't some shooting gallery type title.

I continue to play MLB: The Show. I've played it consistently since it came out. I only wish that at the time there was league play going on here that I could have gotten my ps2 to cooperate online. Really, my wish is that the PS3 has a competent online system and brings all the next gen glory glitter to the best baseball game I've ever played. If they do, then I will do whatever it takes to get a PS3 when this title releases.

Sony sent me a Killzone demo yesterday for PSP. I might try that. Someone gave me FFX, but I didn't like it the first time I tried it. The narrative was painfully awkward, and I'm not of the school that makes that irrelevant to the rpg experience. Someone also gave me KH2 and I'm ready to trade it in toward something else. The combination of Square/Disney gives me diabetes. Awful.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
finished of Four Swords with friends, now I am finishing Shadow of the colossus... next up 3 or 4 player Crystal Chronicles.

Its backlog time bitches!

Top Bottom