• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

English Mother 3 Patch Thread! It's go time!

Masked Man

I said wow
Regulus Tera said:
BIG MOTHERFUCKING SPOILERS IN HERE. END OF GAME STUFF. YOU WATCH IT, YOU REGRET IT. I'M NOT JOKING: http://i34.tinypic.com/350yt.jpg

I missed that one the first time.
Love the use of Makar's leaf.
:lol

Speaking of things that I love, Ana-chan also did some really cool ones that look to be straight out of an anime:

http://anach.img.jugem.jp/20061010_141406.png
http://anach.img.jugem.jp/20061011_142479.png
http://anach.img.jugem.jp/20061011_142478.png
http://anach.img.jugem.jp/20061013_143327.png
http://anach.img.jugem.jp/20061013_143371.png
http://anach.img.jugem.jp/20061023_150490.png
http://anach.img.jugem.jp/20061031_155195.png
http://anach.img.jugem.jp/20061025_152038.png

OH! One of my absolute semi-spoilerish favorites:
http://anach.img.jugem.jp/20061102_156828.png

The other ones in the associated series are definitely more spoiler-intensive, but they are absolutely beautiful and quite incredible.

Masked Man

I said wow
Regulus Tera said:
Aren't those based on that Higurashi show? I remember seeing a modified OP in Youtube with MOTHER 3 themes.

From what I can tell, no. I know the video that you're talking about, but the art style used here is much more expressive, in my opinion.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
HK-47, that picture scares me.

Dragona Akehi said:
Wow this thread got a whole lot of spoilery all of a sudden.

At least people are being kind and spoiler-tagging the worst of it.

Masked Man, those anime-style pictures are amazing. You're raising my hype for this game to serious levels. :D

Twig

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
srsly

I come back to this, and now I'm going to have to stop reading the thread. Least you people could do is wait until the patch is released. ):

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
HK-47 said:
lol

68hs1i.jpg

I fucking HATE those stupid oak trees! :lol

Teknoman

Tiktaalik said:
I'm not sure how to "mother3ify" an avatar... I've basically avoided all Mother 3 info, so I don't know any standout things about the game. I wouldn't know how to Earthboundify an avatar either. I considered throwing a Mr.Saturn in there, but it looked even worse than this shoddy hat job.

23kpxg8.jpg

Any way you could do that to my avatar as well? Putting the hat facing upwards to the left?

Masked Man

I said wow
Dragona Akehi said:

Really? I thought the only stuff with serious spoilers was very clearly marked as a means of warding off those GAFfers with wandering eyes. The only semi-spoiler that I posted really means nothing on its own, and it isn't really a spoiler in and of itself--I refrained from posting the series as a whole because the true spoilers are in that group.

I promise that nothing that I have posted will spoil the game for you. ;)

Iam Canadian said:
Masked Man, those anime-style pictures are amazing. You're raising my hype for this game to serious levels. :D

Ah, I'm so glad! :D Only a short while, my friend!

Timo

is there a decent reputable site to buy flash carts for the gba? I want one that fits flush with the micro as well, and also the most dependable if possible.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Oh man, I was loving the pics, don't stop. Just put the spoilery ones in links instead of the actual pic on the thread and we're good to go.

Pleeeease. ♪

33m5zkn.png

Tiktaalik

Iam Canadian said:
Hey, at least they're not as bad as the Atomic Power Robots and Nuclear Reactor Robots.

Yeah was I the only guy that basically just ran away from these guys if I ever got in a fight with them?

They were brutal in the last dungeon of Earthbound.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I'm getting the fuck out this bitch! D: even minor spoilers are day wrecking at this point. I've waited years and years, I'm going in blind! >:I

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Iam Canadian said:
Hey, at least they're not as bad as the Atomic Power Robots and Nuclear Reactor Robots.

Yeah but by the time you encounter them, they're tolerable. Running into oaks just after Twoson while havng a shroom on your head = death!

Tiktaalik

BorkBork said:
Yeah but by the time you encounter them, they're tolerable. Running into oaks just after Twoson while havng a shroom on your head = death!

Maybe if you're a RPG veteran. Earthbound was one of, if not the first RPG I ever played, and I didn't know what I was doing, so I was dangerously under leveled when I got to that last dungeon and I almost didn't make it!

Always have two saves kids!

MoogPaul

BorkBork said:

this is totally true. That bursting into flames at the point that you run into guys can kill your entire group easily. Then it's all about those rolling hit points and smashing that next text-line button while yelling "oh my god oh my god hurry the fuck up"

lyre

Alaluef said:
Oh man, I was loving the pics, don't stop. Just put the spoilery ones in links instead of the actual pic on the thread and we're good to go.

Pleeeease. ♪
Do me a favour and make ALL images as links please. :p

Tiktaalik

MoogPaul said:
this is totally true. That bursting into flames at the point that you run into guys can kill your entire group easily. Then it's all about those rolling hit points and smashing that next text-line button while yelling "oh my god oh my god hurry the fuck up"

This is why Earthbound is rad.

Diagol

MoogPaul said:
Then it's all about those rolling hit points and smashing that next text-line button while yelling "oh my god oh my god hurry the fuck up"

This part really made me laugh in real life, because I remember doing and saying exactly that 12 years ago. :lol :lol

tenritsu

Banned
Firestorm said:
I wish Nintendo released Earthbound on VC before this hit so I could be hyped for this game :(

Sometimes, when you're looking for comfort for putting quarters in a vending machine and not getting anything, it's best to look towards the people around you who can empathize (community) than that screwy vending machine operator guy (nintendo) who's usually cool but at this very instant feels like screwing you over with a wrench and a coin bucket because he won't give you those damn flaming hot cheetos you were looking forward to.

Like, you end up getting nothing from the guy, but a sympathetic peer hands you half of his twix bar package (it has two)

That's sorta what's happening with Nintendo regarding earthbound :(

Teknoman

Well it'll hit sooner or later (most likely sooner since Nintendo seems to be throwing all the big VC hits out one after another in light of their current lack of releases).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Brobzoid said:
X-plein!?

From Edge:

Consoles are walled gardens by nature, with the DRM built in so deeply that most gamers don’t even think about it. But that doesn’t mean tactics to prevent copying don’t exist on console—such strategies have existed forever, and some of them were actually downright brilliant. Perhaps the most prominent example of cartridge-based DRM was in the SNES classic Earthbound. Those that had Super Nintendo disc copiers would find that their illegal copy of Earthbound seemed to play fine. What they didn’t know was that the game was spawning way more enemies than normal, making the entire game an endless annoyance. And to those intrepid pirates who slogged their way through anyway, Earthbound had a special treat for them—the game would freeze in the middle of the battle with the final boss, taking the time to instead delete whatever saved games it could find.

Pretty damn funny.

Brobzoid

starmen; our last bastion of fanaticism... I think I should power through earthbound one last time this week to prepare. Might be a tough squeeze.

Masked Man

I said wow
Firestorm said:
I wish Nintendo released Earthbound on VC before this hit so I could be hyped for this game :(

This implies that you aren't hyped for the MOTHER 3 Fan Translation. Unacceptable. ;_;

update just now

mini-update: demi got back to me with the few key lines I was hoping he could edit for me… and man are they great. I started to insert them into the script, but I won’t have time to insert them all until today/tomorrow evening (so much real life work aaaaaa). Meanwhile, everything else is winding down, so things are looking very good. I don’t have an exact day/time for the patch, but it’ll be in the next day or two or so.

Oh man I can’t wait to catch up on sleep once the patch is out. I also really want to play EarthBound, but I have no time. I envy you people playing it right now

BOOSH!!!!!! It['s been a long time coming : )

Brobzoid

I hope it's out before the weekend... I am using my some of my holiday days to play the shit out of this during the weekend.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
BobTheFork said:
update just now

BOOSH!!!!!! It['s been a long time coming : )

Every time I see this thread in the first page I jump and check their site to see if the patch is already out.

This news is prolonging my pain. D=

Masked Man

I said wow
I'm almost done with school for the week, and then once classes are done on Friday, I have a WHOLE WEEK (and a few days) to play through this wonderful game in my native tongue.

It's a glorious, glorious thing. :D

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Masked Man said:
I'm almost done with school for the week, and then once classes are done on Friday, I have a WHOLE WEEK (and a few days) to play through this wonderful game in my native tongue.

It sure is, my masked friend. :D

I am going to play this non-stop once it comes out.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Masked Man said:

Tomorrow you will wake up finding you only understand French

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I guess I'll finally get around to popping my Mother 3 copy in and playing it since so many others will be.

Brobzoid

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It's so annoying having an hysterically unspecified release date. :( :(

What if I go to sleep and it hits?!?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Brobzoid said:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It's so annoying having an hysterically unspecified release date. :( :(

What if I go to sleep and it hits?!?

Keep baby Kangashark awake so he can download it for you?

Prax

Oooh.. I really want to play Mother 3...
But at this rate, seems like I'll have to deal with importing and using this fan-translation.. :(

Earthbound always kind of left me with this odd sense of nostalgia and anxiety. Things just seemed so... off in the game. Yet for the same reason, it all made sense. For instance, one of my biggest nerve-wracking experiences was trying to dodge those UFOs in the deserts!

Not only were they fast and weird for "desert fauna", but they also gave you colds or sunstrokes by shooting laser beams at you! WTF! WHY!?! D:

Only now did it occur to me that those things were playing the biological warfare angle with me...

Here's a drawing of my great nemeses:

eb_ufosss.jpg

Are they in Mother 3 as well? Are there other fast anthrobot-y things that shoot sickness at you? :(

Top Bottom