• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

English Translated Japanese Visual Novel/ADV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marche90

Huh, did anyone know that a Key VN has been released for steam? Planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~.

It has been known for a while, yeah. A few weeks ago there were a few announcements regarding Key VNs, incluiding this one and Clannad.

Hopefully they will do well.

Yuuichi

Still wondering what dark magiks got channeled that the Fate/Hollow translation actually got finished. It had to have been in the high 90% range for at least a year.

Marche90

Still wondering what dark magiks got channeled that the Fate/Hollow translation actually got finished. It had to have been in the high 90% range for at least a year.

Indeed. And funnily enough, I think that the whole project wouldn't have gotten anywhere if an unofficial partial patch with all the scenes, validated or not, hadn't been leaked. Ranmafan being MIA didn't helped matters, either :/

I still wonder from time to time if the Ranmafan in this forum is the same from that project :lol

I'm just afraid that the end result is some poorly translated mess. Hopefully all the machine translations have been purged.

Marche90

I'm just afraid that the end result is some poorly translated mess. Hopefully all the machine translations have been purged.

I've been reading it for a while (I'm at the 60% completed mark) and so far if there's any machine translation I haven't noticed.

Then again, I'm still missing the last scenes, so there could be something in there yet. At least the authors have said that the current text will be QC'd/TLC'd

It took me foooorever to get out of the common route in Grisaia no Kajitsu and then the thing felt content with throwing sex scene after sex scene at me before it got into the meat of one of the main girl's (in this case Amane) actual stories. And frankly now that I'm actually here I wish it'd transition out of this huge flashback. I don't think there's much merit here in detailing every passing day when not much has actually "happened" outside of the initial incident. Through it all the only question I keep coming back to is why hasn't anyone climbed a tree to get a better gauge on their surroundings? I feel like there's just a lot of material here that could have been cut or edited down to smooth the progression of the flashback, and really outside of trying to characterize
the protagonist's sister
and give some insight on young Amane's personality there doesn't seem to be much point to the distraction being as long and detailed as it is. There's a secondary problem with context that comes into all of this as well, this is supposed to be a diary that Amane has kept these memories in right? Then it doesn't really make sense to present it in the format of fully dialogued days in the way that they have.

At this point I'm just haphazardly skimming through a lot of the fluff of this moment. Are the other routes like this or did I jump into the worst one from the outset?

Edit : Well this just got dark.

Edit Edit : That flashback arc wasn't too terrible in retrospect. At the very least I felt like the ending made for a sufficient payoff. That said I stand by my previous statement in saying that it could have been paced a hell of a lot better than it was, it genuinely felt like I was running a common route for a separate vn and having to methodically introduce a new group of characters and personalities for the sake of just doing it. That said, the fuck was
the teacher doing when he set out to find help? If Amane could find her way to civilization after a bit of time while also trying to evade pursuers and only traveling at night then I can't imagine that they were too far off to begin with. Still, it was the closest thing the VN has had to tension since the thing began so it's actually a bit jarring to end up in the classroom setting again.

Honestly I'm of the opinion that if the machine butchered compilation patch wasn't released then we would be twiddling our thumbs for another 6 months. It certainly motivated someone out there to fix the mistake in as timely a manner as possible. gamecreater16 is the unlikely hero of our generation.

-waits patiently for Mahou Tsukai no Yoru-

Maybe with this influx of VNs popping up on Steam we'll see TypeMoon put out an official translation.

Yuuichi

It took me foooorever to get out of the common route in Grisaia no Kajitsu and then the thing felt content with throwing sex scene after sex scene at me before it got into the meat of one of the main girl's (in this case Amane) actual stories. And frankly now that I'm actually here I wish it'd transition out of this huge flashback. I don't think there's much merit here in detailing every passing day when not much has actually "happened" outside of the initial incident. Through it all the only question I keep coming back to is why hasn't anyone climbed a tree to get a better gauge on their surroundings? I feel like there's just a lot of material here that could have been cut or edited down to smooth the progression of the flashback, and really outside of trying to characterize
the protagonist's sister
and give some insight on young Amane's personality there doesn't seem to be much point to the distraction being as long and detailed as it is. There's a secondary problem with context that comes into all of this as well, this is supposed to be a diary that Amane has kept these memories in right? Then it doesn't really make sense to present it in the format of fully dialogued days in the way that they have.

At this point I'm just haphazardly skimming through a lot of the fluff of this moment. Are the other routes like this or did I jump into the worst one from the outset?

Edit : Well this just got dark.

Edit Edit : That flashback arc wasn't too terrible in retrospect. At the very least I felt like the ending made for a sufficient payoff. That said I stand by my previous statement in saying that it could have been paced a hell of a lot better than it was, it genuinely felt like I was running a common route for a separate vn and having to methodically introduce a new group of characters and personalities for the sake of just doing it. That said, the fuck was
the teacher doing when he set out to find help? If Amane could find her way to civilization after a bit of time while also trying to evade pursuers and only traveling at night then I can't imagine that they were too far off to begin with. Still, it was the closest thing the VN has had to tension since the thing began so it's actually a bit jarring to end up in the classroom setting again.

Honestly I'm of the opinion that if the machine butchered compilation patch wasn't released then we would be twiddling our thumbs for another 6 months. It certainly motivated someone out there to fix the mistake in as timely a manner as possible. gamecreater16 is the unlikely hero of our generation.

-waits patiently for Mahou Tsukai no Yoru-

Maybe with this influx of VNs popping up on Steam we'll see TypeMoon put out an official translation.

As for Grisaia, I know I'm not the best person to talk about the game (I cleared one route and decided to drop it because I really didn't like it) so I've become pretty well informed about most of it, and it honestly sounds to me like the writing is just all over the place. [spoiler tag in case I say something I shouldn't, probably no spoilers?]
From what I understand all of the routes are very different especially in presentation of the story, whether it be flashbacks or only going forward. But even without that, I felt the game had issues with tone, and kind of serious ones at that. I know the typical game is happy common route then things get dark, but I feel like compared to other works, the writing just kind of clashes with itself, and you ended up with this strange hodgepodge of characters that honestly felt like they belonged in different games.
But to be fair, this was like a year ago (whenever the patch first came out) and I've been known to have shit opinions, so as always take anything I say with a grain of salt.

I was busy as hell this week (yay, college) but I'm finally going to have some free time enough to bring to you my review of Super Dangan Ronpa 2 tomorrow (suprise, I caved in and bought it), so please be excited!

And I just want to remind you that the jokes aren't about type moon, type moon IS the joke. (^^♪

upandaway

Heh, I felt like
the flashback was the main and only good thing about that route. I think the part following the flashback until the end of the route is the worst part of the VN, but I actually really liked the flashback because I'm okay with detail and atmosphere dumps even if the price is pacing.

I had fun in one place or another in all the routes but I liked the common route the most. It's definitely not perfect, so it's up to you if you want to see the other routes.

As for Grisaia, I know I'm not the best person to talk about the game (I cleared one route and decided to drop it because I really didn't like it) so I've become pretty well informed about most of it, and it honestly sounds to me like the writing is just all over the place. [spoiler tag in case I say something I shouldn't, probably no spoilers?]
From what I understand all of the routes are very different especially in presentation of the story, whether it be flashbacks or only going forward. But even without that, I felt the game had issues with tone, and kind of serious ones at that. I know the typical game is happy common route then things get dark, but I feel like compared to other works, the writing just kind of clashes with itself, and you ended up with this strange hodgepodge of characters that honestly felt like they belonged in different games.
But to be fair, this was like a year ago (whenever the patch first came out) and I've been known to have shit opinions, so as always take anything I say with a grain of salt.
♪

Oh, no doubt about that. The most glaring example for me was during (Amane route)
Yuuji was on his mission and, being distracted, he missed his shot. He gets a weird message from Amane and thinks shes in trouble only to find out that she was just messing with him. That sort of scenario in my head would probably lead to a pretty angry response but it was treated as nothing and everything kept on going on ...

Heh, I felt like
the flashback was the main and only good thing about that route. I think the part following the flashback until the end of the route is the worst part of the VN, but I actually really liked the flashback because I'm okay with detail and atmosphere dumps even if the price is pacing.

I had fun in one place or another in all the routes but I liked the common route the most. It's definitely not perfect, so it's up to you if you want to see the other routes.

Yeesh, yeah you weren't kidding about the post-flashback stuff.
If anything I think they should have just pulled some of the stuff from the bad end with finding the note from Yuuji's sister and leaving it up as a mystery as to whether or not she got out. Dialing in a random villain to do some parallel with the scene in which Amane had to leave the sister behind just felt ridiculously contrived to me. Dude just came out of no where and inserted himself into the scenario for "drama".

Couldn't help but like the ending scene though ...

Dresden

I got about halfway through Sachi's route and felt betrayed that her backstory was less Sousuke Sagara and more KEY. Not a fan of Grisaia. And those split character designs will always bother me.

Marche90

Well, that was something:

3GeeCh7.png

I never thought that it would take me that long to finish this one. As for my impressions: it's a great read if you:
a) Have read Fate/Stay Night and liked it,
b) like slice-of-life stories and
c) you love fanservice in your stories(not the ero type, even if this one have a few of those scenes. Good news for those who don't like them: they're, for the most part, optional)

Obviously, being a sequel, it's kind of a given that you should have read FSN first. Even then, you still might not like it because of the nature of how the game flows. While at the end the story is somewhat interesting, during the first part of the game that story might as well not exist, and other parts aren't as well explained as they should, so you should only read this because of the normal life scenes and to watch (most of) the FSN cast leading a normal life.

What else there is to say...? to be honest, I'm glossing over a lot of things that I'm not regarding as important as they might be right now, but I'm kind of beat right now and I don't want to keep writing. If you guys want to know something specific, just ask away and I'll try to respond whenever I see the questions.

As for a score: a solid 8/10, with a polarization of +1 if you really loved the normal life scenes and -3 if you find those things boring.

Marche90

Did you need a guide to 100% it? How complicated is the scene branching?

I did, since some scenes can get Lost Forever if you don't know what you're doing.
As for the scene branching, do you refer if there's something like a route...? If you mean that, there's none whatsoever, but if you refer to something else (I think this is the other option) some scenes are unlocked when you've read certain scenes related to them.

EDIT: I've been thinking about it... Do we have a Type-moon community thread in this forum? If there is none, would anyone here be interested in one? I've been thinking about creating one lately, since I've been on a Type-moon mood lately, after reading so much, but first I need to see if there's enough interest to create one. Also, I would need help with graphics and the like, so I really need to organize it well before starting working on it xD

Yuuichi

It’s time for my reviews, round two; albeit much later than I said it would be. This one’s gonna be a bit shorter and less detailed, by nature of the game.

[Full disclosure: I played SDR2 on Hard and DR on Easy, but did replay the first half of DR on Hard.]

Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Review

No synopsis, it’s basically the first game except on a tropical island. You’re trapped with 15 others, kill someone and get away with it in a class trial to escape.

Super Dangan Ronpa 2 is kind of a strange game. It certainly feels like a sequel, but rather than one that took steps forward or backwards, it feels like it saw something in the distance off to the side and wandered over there, then decided to rush back to where it was when it realize it wandered off. There are changes all over the place, many of which aren’t for the better, and the game came across as kind of half hazardly made as a whole to me.

The plot is functional enough, and there are certainly some interesting nods to the first game, but I feel like the game struggled to maintain an identity in it’s plot, with the motives lacking any sort of structure like they did in the first game, which could have something to do with the arguably weaker setting. The characters are well written enough, and their interactions certainly keep the game interesting at the very least. That said, I feel like thier designs were a step down as well from the first game, but it’s hard to live up to such a quality first offering.

As for gameplay, this is where the second game starts to really fall apart. There are some neat changes like the ability to back up statements rather than refute them, but the other major gameplay changes come close to running the gameplay. The one on one fights are interesting, but cumbersome to control due to imprecision in both methods of control. If you actually think “improved” hangman’s gambit was an improvement, you must be hilariously masochistic. The one minigame that could be frustrating because you already need to figure out exactly what it wants had to get exponentially harder, especially in the final trials. Logic Drive feels like it was added in because they needed another mini game, it feels even more disjointed than the rhythm game elements, which mind you were also ruined by changing the control scheme to one that’s much more all or nothing. And that’s coming from someone who play’s rhythm games far more than the average person. The difficulty was a bit higher than that of the first game, due to horribly convoluted tutorials and the questionable controls of several of the new minigames. The logic required is about the same.

The art is as fun to look at as ever because the direction is so excellent, but I feel like the music really suffered this time around. It’s comprised almost entirely of reused tracks from the first game; while the first game had an amazing soundtrack, some variety would have been much appreciated.

The game certainly isn’t bad by any stretch of the imagination, but it feel like a pretty big missed opportunity at the same time. Just about everything but the art direction could have used serious improvement in one way or another and it certainly takes away from the experience. Fans of the first game who care about the story should check it out if they’re craving more Dangan Ronpa, but newcomers should definitely stick to the first game, it’s a much better overall experience.

Verdict: For fans of the series.
Score: 6/10

Up next is Clover Day's, which I'm currently marathoning to bring you my review of Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai as soon as I can, since the anime adaptation starts shortly.

I enjoyed Dangan Ronpa 2 more than you did, but yeah, it's a step down from the first game in many many ways. It makes all the talk I saw of how much better it was than the original all the more befuddling.

It’s time for my reviews, round two; albeit much later than I said it would be. This one’s gonna be a bit shorter and less detailed, by nature of the game.

[Full disclosure: I played SDR2 on Hard and DR on Easy, but did replay the first half of DR on Hard.]

Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Review

No synopsis, it’s basically the first game except on a tropical island. You’re trapped with 15 others, kill someone and get away with it in a class trial to escape.

Super Dangan Ronpa 2 is kind of a strange game. It certainly feels like a sequel, but rather than one that took steps forward or backwards, it feels like it saw something in the distance off to the side and wandered over there, then decided to rush back to where it was when it realize it wandered off. There are changes all over the place, many of which aren’t for the better, and the game came across as kind of half hazardly made as a whole to me.

The plot is functional enough, and there are certainly some interesting nods to the first game, but I feel like the game struggled to maintain an identity in it’s plot, with the motives lacking any sort of structure like they did in the first game, which could have something to do with the arguably weaker setting. The characters are well written enough, and their interactions certainly keep the game interesting at the very least. That said, I feel like thier designs were a step down as well from the first game, but it’s hard to live up to such a quality first offering.

As for gameplay, this is where the second game starts to really fall apart. There are some neat changes like the ability to back up statements rather than refute them, but the other major gameplay changes come close to running the gameplay. The one on one fights are interesting, but cumbersome to control due to imprecision in both methods of control. If you actually think “improved” hangman’s gambit was an improvement, you must be hilariously masochistic. The one minigame that could be frustrating because you already need to figure out exactly what it wants had to get exponentially harder, especially in the final trials. Logic Drive feels like it was added in because they needed another mini game, it feels even more disjointed than the rhythm game elements, which mind you were also ruined by changing the control scheme to one that’s much more all or nothing. And that’s coming from someone who play’s rhythm games far more than the average person. The difficulty was a bit higher than that of the first game, due to horribly convoluted tutorials and the questionable controls of several of the new minigames. The logic required is about the same.

The art is as fun to look at as ever because the direction is so excellent, but I feel like the music really suffered this time around. It’s comprised almost entirely of reused tracks from the first game; while the first game had an amazing soundtrack, some variety would have been much appreciated.

The game certainly isn’t bad by any stretch of the imagination, but it feel like a pretty big missed opportunity at the same time. Just about everything but the art direction could have used serious improvement in one way or another and it certainly takes away from the experience. Fans of the first game who care about the story should check it out if they’re craving more Dangan Ronpa, but newcomers should definitely stick to the first game, it’s a much better overall experience.

Verdict: For fans of the series.
Score: 6/10

Up next is Clover Day's, which I'm currently marathoning to bring you my review of Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai as soon as I can, since the anime adaptation starts shortly.

Wow. I felt the exact same way. Though I'd give it an extra .5 for the new music. It's really good.

Burnburn

It's a bit weird, but I agree with everything you said in your review, Yuuichi, yet I still think Danganronpa 2 is the better of the two. I guess the things you mentioned just aren't that much of a negative to me. Like for instance the mini-games, yes they are even more of a nuisance in Danganronpa 2, but they were also a nuisance in 1. It really doesn't matter that much how more of a nuisance it is, a nuisance is still a nuisance (I know this explanation is a bit shaky, but it's hard to put in words what I mean).

The thing is, I like Danganronpa for its small, self-contained, little story's each chapter has and how the characters deal with these little story's. The big picture and the "universe" building are neat, but I always feel like they're there just to be there. And I think that 2's little story's have higher highs than 1's (Though the lows are lower too). I absolutely loved chapter 1, 5 and 6. And I think only the last chapter of Danganronpa 1 can match those chapters.

Also, is it Dangan Ronpa or Danganronpa?

Burnburn

I think either way is fine. It's actually two words in Japanese, but they don't have spaces between words. I think it means "bullet rebuttal" or something like that?

Ah, okay! The explanation I found online was "Solving an argument with a bullet", so yes, it does mean that.

Yuuichi

Wow. I felt the exact same way. Though I'd give it an extra .5 for the new music. It's really good.

I enjoyed Dangan Ronpa 2 more than you did, but yeah, it's a step down from the first game in many many ways. It makes all the talk I saw of how much better it was than the original all the more befuddling.

Wow, I'm suprised people actually agreed with me, so many people were preaching how much better it was and I came away with the opposite view, it's nice to see I'm not alone.

It's a bit weird, but I agree with everything you said in your review, Yuuichi, yet I still think Danganronpa 2 is the better of the two. I guess the things you mentioned just aren't that much of a negative to me. Like for instance the mini-games, yes they are even more of a nuisance in Danganronpa 2, but they were also a nuisance in 1. It really doesn't matter that much how more of a nuisance it is, a nuisance is still a nuisance (I know this explanation is a bit shaky, but it's hard to put in words what I mean).

The thing is, I like Danganronpa for its small, self-contained, little story's each chapter has and how the characters deal with these little story's. The big picture and the "universe" building are neat, but I always feel like they're there just to be there. And I think that 2's little story's have higher highs than 1's (Though the lows are lower too). I absolutely loved chapter 1, 5 and 6. And I think only the last chapter of Danganronpa 1 can match those chapters.

Also, is it Dangan Ronpa or Danganronpa?

I kind of get what you mean in regards to how things are a nuisance, but I found the minigames in 1 (with the exception of hangman's gambit) actually kind of fun. Could have had something to do with the fact I was on the easiest difficulty, but it seemed fine when I replayed it as well.

Also I made a ton of typos in that review, good heavens. Please try not to judge too hard.

Durante

I just saw that Fate/HA had a patch released, and wanted to complain on GAF for not informing me on an event almost as monumental as Duke Nukem Forever being finished, but I see that it's just because this thread has been moved to the graveyardcommunity forum.

upandaway

I just saw that Fate/HA had a patch released, and wanted to complain on GAF for not informing me on an event almost as monumental as Duke Nukem Forever being finished, but I see that it's just because this thread has been moved to the graveyardcommunity forum.
As far as I can see it's still in QA after beta, but yeah pretty exciting.

Considering how slow the thread is I think it should be in Gaming, like other slow communities, but oh well.

Yuuichi

Another thread killed thanks to it getting moved to community

:(

I could try and revive it by redoing it as Visual Novels General, the OP is hella out of date anyway. I wouldn't mind caretaking that if there was interest, I just don't want to splinter things further.

Marche90

We really ought to be in Gaming. That and maybe subscribe to the thread xD

As far as I can see it's still in QA after beta, but yeah pretty exciting.

Considering how slow the thread is I think it should be in Gaming, like other slow communities, but oh well.

Indeed! As you all might have seen in the last page, the patch is perfectly playable to 100%

I could try and revive it by redoing it as Visual Novels General, the OP is hella out of date anyway. I wouldn't mind caretaking that if there was interest, I just don't want to splinter things further.

Well, we really need to get a better OP...

You know? You could do one, and see later down the line if we can create a new topic or just to ask for a mod to update the thread with your post and move it to Gaming for a while.

Yuuichi

Well, we really need to get a better OP...

You know? You could do one, and see later down the line if we can create a new topic or just to ask for a mod to update the thread with your post and move it to Gaming for a while.

I would be open to this, provided we checked with a mod first. I could throw Dresden a PM, or just chant is name three times and hope he shows up.

Dresden. Dresden. Dresden.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well you could just ask. :p It would be updated already if my remaking wasn't accompanied with broken HDDs so often though. (I made new OPs 3 times.)

Yuuichi

Well you could just ask. :p It would be updated already if my remaking wasn't accompanied with broken HDDs so often though. (I made new OPs 3 times.)

I honestly think we should just redo it as visual novels general (for which we need at least a little mod help), but I really have no idea what to do with the OP to be quite honest. Perhaps a genre explanation and a recommend title list or something?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I honestly think we should just redo it as visual novels general (for which we need at least a little mod help), but I really have no idea what to do with the OP to be quite honest. Perhaps a genre explanation and a recommend title list or something?

Well the way I was making the new OPs I had a genre explanation, some short VNs that are free or low cost to hop into (pretty much some of the insani games and a few mainstreamy VN titles.) Then there would be more fleshed out/longer titles that require more dedication to get through, and ended off with upcoming titles similar to whats there now but only highlighting ones coming in the near future or have frequent partial patches since putting things that won't come out for years would be a little frustrating for people looking for more possibly.

I'd be willing to make banners for the games again if you'd like that although they'll look better than what is currently available.

upandaway

I think if you're doing a new OP may as well do a new thread. The thread should also include people who play Japanese-language VNs (although they'll need to use spoiler tags)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I think if you're doing a new OP may as well do a new thread. The thread should also include people who play Japanese-language VNs (although they'll need to use spoiler tags)

Yeah a general thread might be better since the topic is pretty niche anyways so bringing more discussion is always good.

Yuuichi

Well the way I was making the new OPs I had a genre explanation, some short VNs that are free or low cost to hop into (pretty much some of the insani games and a few mainstreamy VN titles.) Then there would be more fleshed out/longer titles that require more dedication to get through, and ended off with upcoming titles similar to whats there now but only highlighting ones coming in the near future or have frequent partial patches since putting things that won't come out for years would be a little frustrating for people looking for more possibly.

I'd be willing to make banners for the games again if you'd like that although they'll look better than what is currently available.

I made every one of the banners for my desktop, I think I can handle that part ok if we decide to remake it. As for the OP stuff, one mega response incoming below. I still need to fix the Yumina one, don't remind me.

Yeah a general thread might be better since the topic is pretty niche anyways so bringing more discussion is always good.

I'm gonna say it again, but I want VN General. I play Japanese games an I've reviewed one of them here (soon to be more) and I think it would be a solid way to include more people. I do, however, really like the idea of putting easilly acessable games in the forefront along with genre info. I honestly thing we should dump the translation progress comepletely (it's pretty much useless nowadays) and focus on information on what's readily available for purchase (Ever 17 sticks out to me because it's on the top of the list and I had to pay $150 for it off ebay ヽ(´ー`)ノ) rather than what's popular. That said, I think resorces for those of use more in to it wouldn't be that bad of an idea either, but it's hard to say what. I did write a guide on buying games/ importing for reddit's VN board and I would be more than happy to retool or improve it slightly for use here as well (if we need proof it's mine for some reason, I have edit permission, just don't make me do anything too dumb...).

Marche90

I would be open to this, provided we checked with a mod first. I could throw Dresden a PM, or just chant is name three times and hope he shows up.

Dresden. Dresden. Dresden.

Making a new thread is fine.

HOLY CRAP, IT WORKED! D:

OT: What's the general outline we have so far, summarized? Explanation of what a VN is, putting an explanation of the most Mainstream VN (like AA, DR, F/SA, Ever17 if you can call it that, etc), where you can find them and then a summary of what we might consider are great VN both currently translated and perhaps a few untranslated ones? Also, we are doing the summaries ourselves if what I just said is Wright right, isn't it?. I think I can chime in with a few ones.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I think highlighting quality titles should be important since when I originally made the thread I just threw up whatever and a few suggestions.

Edit: That buying guide looks good Yuuichi probably throw in a link to an image showing order instructions for some places or proxy services for newbies.

Yuuichi

Making a new thread is fine.

I AM A GOD! WAHAHAHAHAH!

Do remind me never to say "Bish" three times in a row.

HOLY CRAP, IT WORKED! D:

OT: What's the general outline we have so far, summarized? Explanation of what a VN is, putting an explanation of the most Mainstream VN (like AA, DR, F/SA, Ever17 if you can call it that, etc), where you can find them and then a summary of what we might consider are great VN both currently translated and perhaps a few untranslated ones? Also, we are doing the summaries ourselves if what I just said is Wright right, isn't it?. I think I can chime in with a few ones.

I think highlighting quality titles should be important since when I originally made the thread I just threw up whatever and a few suggestions.

Edit: That buying guide looks good Yuuichi probably throw in a link to an image showing order instructions for some places or proxy services for newbies.

If you guys would be up for it, I would be up for moving this conversation to a skype group or something more conducive to ieteration and rapid fire ideas and brainstorming than a forum. Quote to reveal skype details if you're interested.

Marche90

I AM A GOD! WAHAHAHAHAH!

If you guys would be up for it, I would be up for moving this conversation to a skype group or something more conducive to ieteration and rapid fire ideas and brainstorming than a forum. Quote to reveal skype details if you're interested.

Sounds great by me, but sadly it'll have to be tomorrow, since today's kind of late for me. In any case, if InfiniteNine says yes and you guys create the group before I add you, I'll leave my Skype details in a quote for you to add me to the group.

Yuuichi

Sounds great by me, but sadly it'll have to be tomorrow, since today's kind of late for me. In any case, if InfiniteNine says yes and you guys create the group before I add you, I'll leave my Skype details in a quote for you to add me to the group.

Sent you an invite, I'll get the group rolling once anyone else interested gets online. I should be around for the better part of tomorrow (utc -8) so that sounds like a plan. The group is for anyone here interested, I may add, just post here as well if you add me.

aravuus

I AM A GOD! WAHAHAHAHAH!

bish. bish. bish.

Let's see if anyone dies.

Anyway, remember to post the link here when the thread's up. Unfortunately I have absolutely no ideas for the OP so I can't help with it at all but still, god speed to you guys et cetera

e: then lock the thread so i'll always remain number one! man what a great day for me

Burnburn

I'm willing to do write-ups for the following games if you guys decide to feature these games on the OP and if there even are going to be write-ups:

• Kara no Shoujo
  • Phenomeno
  • Swan Song
I'll add my skype too, but I'm almost never online. Best thing to do is to PM me on GAF

Edit: Would you guys like a VN Gaf irc channel? I, personally, always like talking on irc more than on forums.

Marche90

Before you folks get too excited, please keep it to one post.

Well, crud. I guess I'll have to throw away the BruceLeeRoy-style OP I had already made.

In all honestly, though, I (and hopefully we all) never planned for the OP to go on and on. Basic stuff, including the summaries, which shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 lines at max.

BTW, anyone else joining the skype group?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom