• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enslaved NEW screens

From Ninja Theory, for PS3 and Xbox360 (yes, it's the Unreal Engine 3 and YES, it's Nariko in the future with hair attached)

1254243472.jpg

1254243476.jpg

1254243522.jpg

1254243473.jpg

1254243523.jpg

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
I wonder if they're happy with UE3.

'cause if I could only make a game look like that with an engine I'd be pissed.

wtf.

slider

Unlucky Ka...ahhhh... beaten. They're in the other thread. Don't think they were greeted with any enthusiasm either. :|

Dizzan

MINI Member
Nariko looked much better in Heavenly Sword.

I wish they made a sequel instead of this. There was a lot of potential in the first game. This looks uninspired

MMaRsu

Banned
This game looks pretty cool. Why is this game not considered awesome looking?

I thought HS was supposed to be awesome. I never played it but hey..

Is this because it's multi now?

The visuals look like a mix of UE3's best and worst elements. Shame that this isn't a CryEngine3 game. I really would like to see some greater diversity.

MMaRsu said:

if anyone told you heavenly sword was awesome they lied

Wow, you guys are jaded dicks sometimes :lol

I think this stuff looks incredible. Can't wait to see it in action. The animation and lighting they used in HS was great, v. 2 should be amazing. I WANT MORE PLEASE.

element

~Devil Trigger~ said:
i wish they had a chance to continue to build on their old PS3 engine...
there are two parts to making a game. the tech and the pipeline. from everything i heard, the pipeline for HS was painful, 'i will quit' painful. UE3 is a far better art pipeline, it just matters on what they want to do to make it look different. With things like Beast and LightMass coming and the new relaxed rules from Microsoft on AA and resolution, we might start to see UE licensees do some different things.

Aside from the main dude, this looks pretty great...at least, in terms of colors and overgrown wasteland as opposed to 256 shades of gray and brown and no foliage in a post-apocalyptic setting.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
MMaRsu said:

It has nariko in it :lol

Vandiger

UE3 - I guess its the only engine around to support both PS3/Xbox360. Where is ID, crytech, maybe capcom's own engine. Fuck UE3 :p

szaromir

Banned
Didn't all the senior programmers leave Ninja Theory after HS? Plus they're not exclusive anymore, plus they're doing a multiplatform game on a licensed engine. No wonder it doesn't look as good as HS IMO, even though it'll be released 4 tears after HS.

Ramenman

MMaRsu said:

Seriously what's with the hate ?

It has fucking colors, guys. That alone puts it over any of your shitty blockbusters (aside from Uncharted 2, thank you ND).

I think it looks cool, and I like the art. The artwork looks like something something Jak and his girlfriend without Daxter chased by giant Ratchet. Don't know first thing about the gameplay though.

MMaRsu

Banned
I'm no fan of UE3 either, I actually hate that most games use it these days. It's one of the crappiest engines to look at imo.

But this looks cooler than most uninspired grey/brown shitstains we get nowadays.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
szaromir said:
Didn't all the senior programmers leave Ninja Theory after HS? Plus they're not exclusive anymore, plus they're doing a multiplatform game on a licensed engine. No wonder it doesn't look as good as HS IMO, even though it'll be released 4 tears after HS.
I think DeanoC and Nostromo are both gone, yeah...

Cipherr

Dizzan said:
Nariko looked much better in Heavenly Sword.

Wow this, what in the fuck at Nariko. This is terrible. The style in HS was much better.

WickedLaharl said:
if anyone told you heavenly sword was awesome they lied

I thought the graphics were amazing, and the voice actors were top notch. Cmon man give credit where its due.

MMaRsu said:

Enslaved actually looks better than Heavenly Sword. Crazy, I know, but this is GAF.

Nice to see Nariko again even though she doesn't look as hot here. The fact that it's UE3 doesn't bother me that much, as we know from the oft used example Mirror's Edge, you can do great things with UE3.

edit: btw Heavenly Sword was awesome, anybody who says it "sucked" or was "awful" or any other exaggeration is just following the crowd and echoing the old meme. They probably didn't even play it. Done.

Top Bottom