• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Entomologist Discovers New Species of Gigantic "Warrior" Wasp W/ Long, Powerful Jaws

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGS

Banned
They haven't actually said whether the thing is strong, fast, or vicious.

I can tell the thing is huge, but it hasn't reached Japanese Hornet status for me yet.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Those pictures are truly terrifying. I hate wasps with a passion and fucking annihilate every single one I come across.

They seem to exist purely to annoy humans, which makes them fair game in my opinion. Other animals had just better find some other insect to eat.

GorillaJu

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
I prefer this mothertrucker myself:

6SzK8.jpg

The Tarantula Hawk wasp. One of the most painful insect stings in the world and it eats TARANTULAS.

Only vaguely heard of these before, but was doing some reading. Holy shit they're monsters: they paralyze and kill a tarantula, then lay an egg inside of it and bury it alive, and the baby wasp consumes the spider as it grows and then comes out of the ground? What the fuck! This planet is amazing.

Sennorin

Banned
Ugh, a normal European wasp touched my arm this morning and I freaked out. Thanks for reminding me why I´ll never travel to Asia, even though I´d love to otherwise. Damn killer wasps.

SolidusDave said:
No.

ANwjK.jpg

Garuda!

lol, a monster is supposed to be scary, not make me want to bang it.

Chiave

What a beast! It's hard to imagine that this wasp still exists on earth. It's so huge that it makes me wonder what kind of damage it does to bigger animals.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Hoping no one brings a colony over here to "study". Don't need them to come to the US and take over all the 'normal' colonies.

cajunator

Banned
It looks like an ordinary wasp just with big mandibles.
I don't like wasps to begin with so I wouldn't like this one either, but it doesn't look any scarier than an ordinary one.

Davidion

What's the word I'm looking for? Oh yes. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

theguy

“We saw a colonial spider web that stretched across two acres. The adult spiders were about two inches long.”

O_O

SensualSeduction said:
Colonial spider web

http://media.star-telegram.com/Multimedia/News/Photos/Bigweb.jpg[/ig]

Im betting your watching over your shoulder in fear....am i right ?:D[/QUOTE]
FUCK

THAT

SHIT

BROOOO

Binabik15

First post nails it.

In a perfect world, the headline would read:

Entomologists Discovers And Burns New Race Of Stupidly Large Wasps

JoeBoy101

More reasons for me not to leave home. Wonderful.

I mean, FFS, why did it have to have jaws that big, Evolution? Could we not just left it with being a wasp (a hideous species to begin with) and not FUCKING WEAPONIZE them?!?

hteng

Banned
those eyes are pretty huge oh and dat spider web, fucking hell nothing would dare to climb that tree ever again.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Carbonox_Ratchet said:
I prefer this mothertrucker myself:

6SzK8.jpg

The Tarantula Hawk wasp. One of the most painful insect stings in the world and it eats TARANTULAS.

Baller status wasp.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
God I hate that thin little strand that connects the thorax to the abdomen. Wasps are hideous.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Always funny to see people squirm over the most absurd shit possible. If it is not spiders, it is wasps.

Talk about 1st world dilemmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom