• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Mickey 2 in development? (Confirmed-ish post 149)

Lijik

Got the art book for EM1 over christmas. I think I might have posted it on Gaf before? I forget. Might as well talk about it again while this thread has it in my mind. I like a lot of the art, but it doesn't make for a good read. There isn't much look into previous concepts that weren't already online aside from some rather bad looking Mickey redesigns. Evil oswald art that was made back when he was a villain is totally absent for example. Its also written by the game's script writer and Warren Spector so theres a lot of annoying back patting through out. There is one moment of humbleness where Warren apologizes for releasing such early WIP screenshots for the Game Informer reveal... and the book proceeds to only use those screenshots throughout as ingame images. I dont regret the purchase since I mostly bought it to look at pretty pictures (and theres some great stuff from when a classic disney artist came in and designed a retooled classic Mickey for them to use!) but like the game it feels a kinda subpar in spots.

Were we playing the same game? I was playing the game last night actually, and I was in the "Bog Easy" area. You had the choice of helping the ghosts of Lonesome Manor scare the occupants of the town or the choice to relight the lanterns of the town, preventing the ghosts from doing so.

So there you go, one example of many.

I agree the game had elements of choice, but all of them lacked weight (i.e. consequence). A lot of the choices were extremely banal, you chose one of the most inspired ones.

A typical example of an Epic Mickey "choice": "You can totally do the Clarabelle fetch quest or... YOU TOTALLY DON'T!!!!!! :D :D"

I enjoyed the game (and even did two full playthroughs and enough of a third to get everything), but lets not pretend its "Playstyle Matters" hook was anything but underutilized.

... read the post you're quoting. read the post he's quoting. read your post.

Here's the quote tree as I see it:

What a stupid decision, but well, it's Disney. Any guesses for how much longer Junction Point will be around?

Umm... closed at the end of development, with Spector staying on to produce further disney games. Man, that hurt to type :/

V_Ben seems to be insinuating that Junction Point was closed at the end of development of Epic Mickey, but they're still around, and assuredly developing Epic Mickey 2.

It looks to me more like he's guessing their future after EM 2.

Ah, I see. He should have said "Closing at the end of development." or "Closed at the end of development of Epic Mickey 2."

The way its typed now insinuates that they were closed at the end of development of the first game.

Not that there was too much reason to doubt it, but superannuation reports that Junction Point is "implementing Wii U support" for EM2. He speculates that that might just mean Wii U tablet support for the Wii version, but I doubt that'd be possible considering Nintendo's historical approach to BC.

If the game is coming out at the end of the year and the Wii U is coming out at the same time, I don't see why they wouldn't release a Wii U SKU as well.

Ultimadrago

I dunno. I was cool with the first one, but my hype died and after watching gameplay. I couldn't blame myself for not getting it in the end. With some polish(?), hopefully this one will appeal to me.

Sad thing is, I don't even know what I'm really looking for in this title.

Not many of the supposed flaws in the original really bothered me, except for lack of Camera customization and lack of overall polish. I was one of the people that really enjoyed the game.

I'm buying Epic Mickey day 1, but the lack of a Wii U version would make my platform decision very difficult. On one hand, I'd love to play it in HD. On the other hand, I cant see how the game would work without pointer controls.

Wii U seems like the only solution for me.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Not many of the supposed flaws in the original really bothered me, except for lack of Camera customization and lack of overall polish. I was one of the people that really enjoyed the game.

I'm buying Epic Mickey day 1, but the lack of a Wii U version would make my platform decision very difficult. On one hand, I'd love to play it in HD. On the other hand, I cant see how the game would work without pointer controls.

Wii U seems like the only solution for me.

I'm with you.
I really liked (not loved) the first game. But I did ALSO for the controls.
I would really love to see an HD iteration with a particular control scheme, so let's hope that Wii U will be supported with EM 2 at launch!

:)

FoneBone

The new Nintendo Power's "next issue" page appears to be teasing this. Pretty sure the scan is alright to post, but need to be sure...

Lijik

The new Nintendo Power's "next issue" page appears to be teasing this. Pretty sure the scan is alright to post, but need to be sure...

Either this or a new Rabbids.
Im excited for either one, since I doubt theyd tease more minigames if it was the latter.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
The ears definitely look way more like Oswald's. The rabbids have shorter ears and they don't curve.

I saw the scan, I agree with you.
It would be great to see finally something official about it and, honestly, I'd like to see it on Wii U, due to its timing (I think it will hit the market in late autumn/Xmas period...)

Elesias

Neo Member
It seems the game will finally be unveiled as we got a mail saying that Warren Spector has an epic announce to deliver at the end of the month...

Check the picture (yeah, it is in French I know) :

SOURCE

Nintendo Power showed a teaser of something that looked like Oswald ears for the next issue which comes at the end of this month..hhmmmmmm

Top Bottom