• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Mickey 2 is coming to Vita later this year

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Does the Vita have a notable kids audience?

I mean I totally get the niche Japanese games or the teenager games, since those fit the PSP's profile well (and thus would be likely Vita candidates), but I'm not really following the logic for this one.

mclem

Surprised it's a port of the console game rather than the 3DS one. Both may have been mediocre, but at least the 3DS one was designed to be played on a handheld.

Carl

So does this mean that the Vita attach rate for games is so high that developers are going to start porting all their failed projects on to it in order to maximize revenue from them?

Either way, I'll probably but it. :(

Can't wait for DNF

I mean I totally get the niche Japanese games or the teenager games, since those fit the PSP's profile well (and thus would be likely Vita candidates), but I'm not really following the logic for this one.

Well, it's still getting two Lego games this year, and maybe Disney expects Tearaway to be big? I dunno.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, it's still getting two Lego games this year, and maybe Disney expects Tearaway to be big? I dunno.

Well, I guess if Sony is doing a price cut this Fall with a Tearaway bundle, that might pick up some of the kids market that can't afford the new boxes and has a 3DS already.

I mean I can't imagine this has a high bar to hit a profit anyway.

Now the question is are Vita fans SO game starved that they'll play even this?
Just read some of the replies here and your question will be answered.

I expect this game to sell about 100 copies. I impulse bought the Wii U version because it was on sale for $19.99 and I'm a huge Disney fan, but I stopped playing before the first boss. Such a terrible game.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
We'll probably end up with a copy of this anyway.

ip3MB9ar0C4SS.jpg

FoneBone

Yep. I cannot fathom the logic behind this one at all. Late port, foundering platform whose demographics seem very ill-suited for this, a game that was poorly received (critically and commercially)... why?

marrec

Banned
Just read some of the replies here and your question will be answered.

I expect this game to sell about 100 copies. I impulse bought the Wii U version because it was on sale for $19.99 and I'm a huge Disney fan, but I stopped playing before the first boss. Such a terrible game.

The game will probably, inexplicably, sell really well at a low price point. The barrier to buying for digital games is much lower than physical, and Vita's a digital platform.

No offense to the 4gb card plebeians.

Omikaru

Well, I guess if Sony is doing a price cut this Fall with a Tearaway bundle, that might pick up some of the kids market that can't afford the new boxes and has a 3DS already.

This is the only reasonable explanation I can think of as to why they're doing this. Even still, I'm pretty confused about it. Disney Infinity will have the mega marketing push behind it, and whereas Epic Mickey 2 is about as deflated as you can get in the hype department (bad game, out for months). I'm just wondering what the thinking is behind this...

I really don't get it.

Nope.

Same.

LuchaShaq

Banned
As a vita owner I'm not sure any game port could excite me less than this except possibly epic mickey 1.

Not sure why a bad N64 platformer got so much hype out of nothing more than a pretty magazine cover

Derrick01

Banned
Yup, I mean there is a bunch of good games coming to the West like

Hey at least Killzone looks interesting. I wouldn't mind if that ends up being the only 2013 Vita game I buy this year. I'm starting a next gen budget so I don't have much money to blow on Vita games anyway.

I was thinking about this not long ago, but the Vita definitely needs to expand it's portfolio to appeal to a wider audience, including kids. I am not saying Epic Mickey is the game to make that happen, but getting that, Tearaway, more of the Lego games, hopefully Infinity, and more could definitely help. Actually hoping Tearaway gets a proper push and Bundle for its release, most of the bundles have all been M rated games so far.

marrec

Banned
I'm going to buy it. It's a late port of a poor game and yet, I know I'm going to buy it. What an odd feeling.

It's because even playing crappy games on the Vita feels amazing.

If a platform can somehow make Retro City Rampage fun to play, then the sky is the limit.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This is the only reasonable explanation I can think of as to why they're doing this. Even still, I'm pretty confused about it. Disney Infinity will have the mega marketing push behind it, and whereas Epic Mickey 2 is about as deflated as you can get in the hype department (bad game, out for months), Disney Infinity caused quite a buzz when it was announced.

I really don't get it.

Yeah, Disney Infinity coming to Vita would have made a lot more sense than a late port of Epic Mickey 2.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This is the only reasonable explanation I can think of as to why they're doing this. Even still, I'm pretty confused about it. Disney Infinity will have the mega marketing push behind it, and whereas Epic Mickey 2 is about as deflated as you can get in the hype department (bad game, out for months), Disney Infinity caused quite a buzz when it was announced. I'm just wondering what the thinking is behind this...

I really don't get it.

Disney Infinity isnt even coming to the Vita is it? This is so bizarre.

Nibel

Hey at least Killzone looks interesting. I wouldn't mind if that ends up being the only 2013 Vita game I buy this year. I'm starting a next gen budget so I don't have much money to blow on Vita games anyway.

Killzone Vita has really good visuals, but so does Killzone: Shadow Fall which I'll get alongside the PS4 since it'll probably end up being the showcase title for the system - and personally, I think I'm fine with one Killzone this year

Soul Sacrifice needs to get here asap

Shinta

Banned
Wow, that's awesome. I didn't think I wanted to play this game at all honestly. But I'll totally play that shit on Vita! Nice move!

Top Bottom