• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Mickey all encompassing info thread. First direct feed shots, London event.

daegan

The game'll end up rated E or E10+...but this thread is rated B for Bloodshed. Yeah...I thought I tried too hard too :D

~Kinggi~

Banned
I'd really love to start hearing some budget numbers and all that good stuff. See if Disney is considering this as big as it could be.

EvilDick34 said:
Wait, so when it says coming this October, do they mean this month since magazines are a month ahead or whatever?

The magazine will be out in October, is what it means.
The actual October issue is already out (and what this teaser is from).

youzen

I've always wondered why not just make the OP's post show up first on every page (not just the first), but oh well...

Concept art looks cool, but I'll hold off until I see the ACTUAL game.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I think lyre is going to end up banning more people in this thread than he has everywhere else in gaf combined. :lol

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
AceBandage said:
The magazine will be out in October, is what it means.
The actual October issue is already out (and what this teaser is from).

I just gotten the September Issue of Game Informer earlier this week. Maybe it is different for others.

Ok maybe I'm retarded or something but I've never heard a thing about this. What exactly is it beyond a steam-punk disney game? Is there any sort of genre or what?

Concept art is very kick ass though, color me excited for this one. Whoever is working on this art deserves an award of sorts though, I was pretty floored when I saw it.

Danielsan

I got banned in the last thread, looks like this one is a similar death trap especially for people who don't like to read OPs. :lol

The concept art still looks great and I look forward to seeing what the gameplay entails.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
GDGF said:
Well, because Mickey Mouse hasn't really had a big game (as in a solo title) since Castle of Illusion, and this one has a big name behind it (Spector) and undoubtedly a big budget.
How could you forget Mickey Mania?

smokeymicpot said:
I just gotten the September Issue of Game Informer earlier this week. Maybe it is different for others.

Really?
I thought this was from the October issue (IE, the one that would come out this month).
If it's from September's, then we could get the news in a couple of weeks.

Terrordactyl said:
Ok maybe I'm retarded or something but I've never heard a thing about this. What exactly is it beyond a steam-punk disney game? Is there any sort of genre or what?

Concept art is very kick ass though, color me excited for this one. Whoever is working on this art deserves an award of sorts though, I was pretty floored when I saw it.

Platformer with environment manipulation. At least, that's the rumor.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The art is incredible, but it makes me want another straight up Kingdom Hearts console game. One with Sora and not all the ridiculous plot twists and side stories.

HUELEN10

Terrordactyl said:

I don't want to risk getting banned, so I will link you to the prior thread. You should find all the answers there, including where the art came from, and all the awesome DetectiveGAF discoveries!

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
AceBandage said:
Really?
I thought this was from the October issue (IE, the one that would come out this month).
If it's from September's, then we could get the news in a couple of weeks.

I meant that I just gotten the September issue and last month I gotten the August one at the first week.

So by that most likely I will get the October issue first week of next month.

jax (old)

Banned
amazingly sexy. if this turns out to be KHfuture.... I'd get it. Pretty fantastic. Disney must have realised that entire generations of children who grew up with the IP are now adults.

Jax said:
amazingly sexy. if this turns out to be KHfuture.... I'd get it. Pretty fantastic. Disney must have realised that entire generations of children who grew up with the IP are now adults.

For the last time, guys.
This game has nothing to do with Kingdom Hearts in any way shape or form.

Brashnir said:
Who is publishing this? Disney?

Published by Disney from a Disney owned studio and directed by Warren Spector.

diunxx

Man I hope this games comes out on the MASTER SYSTEM, that thing has been collecting dust in my closed for like 15 years, its about time it gets a big exclusive.

jax (old)

Banned
AceBandage said:
For the last time, guys.
This game has nothing to do with Kingdom Hearts in any way shape or form.

Published by Disney from a Disney owned studio and directed by Warren Spector.

.... even better!

:D

The art assets are so wonderful to me. Loving it. I hope the game turns out great

please don't be a FPS...

ethelred

I said before, in the old thread back when we all thought the game was canned, that the artwork was fantastic and it seemed like the game had a lot of creativity invested into it and a lot of promise overall. I'm pretty excited now that no only does the project still live but that we'll find out just what it is very soon. Can't wait for some details.

Jax said:
Disney must have realised that entire generations of children who grew up with the IP are now adults.

Really? You think? How astute.

Mickey's been around since the 20s, so yeah, I'd say quite a few generations of children who grew up with the IP are now adults (including everyone actually running Disney).

GDGF said:
Oh snap my bad :lol

I feel bad that I never played Mickey Mania. I'd forgotten all about it.

Mickey Mania is kind of neat. The animation in it is astonishing, but the game itself, the actual platformer, isn't as good as the many of the others from that area. The Magical Quest games and the Illusion games are all better.

Brashnir

diunxx said:
Man I hope this games comes out on the MASTER SYSTEM, that thing has been collecting dust in my closed for like 15 years, its about time it gets a big exclusive.

Since the last thread was ruined by, yet again, console whinging bullshit, a new thread should be made for this little bit of news. Note, until the platform for this is revealed, even a single peep about a platform preference (any of them), sarcastic or not, will net you at least a month ban.

seriously, people. It's 2 sentences. Read it.

Holy crap. The concept art is damn incredible. If the game looks anything close to these drawings I will buy it on day one. It's going to be a long month of waiting!

I hope someone at Disney has the balls to let them really explore this concept...

JDSN

Banned
This is gonna be a long night. :lol

The painting aspects have been a good for..other games, but I hope its primary a platformer.

outunderthestars said:
I hope someone at Disney has the balls to let them really explore this concept...

WS said he is very excited about the freedom that Disney has given him.

outunderthestars said:
Holy crap. The concept art is damn incredible. If the game looks anything close to these drawings I will buy it on day one. It's going to be a long month of waiting!

Well, they hired Warren Spector for this game, knowing exactly what kinds of games he makes.

JDSN said:
This is gonna be a long night. :lol

The painting aspects have been a good for..other games, but I hope its primary a platformer.

From the sounds of it, it could be kind of a combination of Canvas Curse and Okami.

This thread in picture form.

29xg8xg.jpg

diunxx said:

This thread is the dead rising of GAF.And Lyre is the guy who covered threads, you know?.

Puck

Banned
This is an awesome
trap
thread.

I really like the Disney art style in games, i loved KH1/2, looks to be similar in style.

Awesome.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Oh God I hope the last level is Walt using Mickey to destroy Charles Mintz that dirty backstabber.

Top Bottom