• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic opens publishing office in Berlin

http://www.develop-online.net/news/epic-opens-publishing-office-in-berlin/0219056

Epic Games has opened a new office in Germany aimed at strengthening its publishing arms in Europe and Russia.

The Berlin-based location will be led by Paw Larsen and Sergey Galyonkin, directors for publishing in Western and Eastern Europe, respectively.

Larsen previously headed up eSports publishing for League of Legends studio Riot Games, while Galyonkin was a senior analyst at World of Tanks developer Wargaming before joining Epic.

“The best way to serve our players is to have a local presence,” said Epic president Paul Meegan.

“Our European and Russian community is important to us, and establishing our Berlin office is the first step to ensuring they’ll have a great day one experience with our games.”

Co-headed by Gaffer Galyonkin of SteamSpy fame. Grats.

Edit: SteamSpy won't be affected by this, see post #4.

galyonkin

Actual Russian Spy.
Thank you :)

I have a clause in my contract that allows me to continue to work on Steam Spy. I didn't have a lot of time lately, but that's mostly to my time being occupied with moving to Germany. They do require a lot of paperwork there :(

Nightbird

Thank you :)

I have a clause in my contract that allows me to continue to work on Steam Spy. I didn't have a lot of time lately, but that's mostly to my time being occupied with moving to Germany. They do require a lot of paperwork there :(

Yep, that's Germany. But once you're trough that, you'll enjoy it here.
Congratulations! :)

Top Bottom