• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Store Free Games

myfriendtim

Zambatoh

This is weird. It says I already own control, when I know for a fact that I don't. It won't let me claim it all.

Nevermind. The app is just a piece of garbage after all.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don't know what this is but I guess it's also a free 3 month subscription to something:

BabyYoda

Banned
This is near the top of my list of games I hoped would be free on this store, so count me very happy! I wish they would put more family friendly coop games on there though, would love more games to play with my niece and nephew, but beggars can't be choosers!

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Horizon Chase Turbo (next free game at Epic) is fun but I can't imagine playing it at a desk on a PC.

Last edited:

myfriendtim

Orta

Banned
It looks like the mystery games format is over. This week, it's Horizon Chase Turbo and Sonic Mania.

Already have them on Steam but both are absolutely fantastic games. A no-brainer for those if you who don't have them.

myfriendtim

Seems like next week the new myst game is for free called obstruction

This week it's Bridge Constructor (TWD) and Ironcast.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Seems like next week the new myst game is for free called obstruction

Obduction is like 5 years old. Not exactly new and not to be confused with the new Myst remake.

Excellent game though. It looks really great in VR too (though the interaction with hand controllers is a little lacking since it was added post-launch).

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Obduction is like 5 years old. Not exactly new and not to be confused with the new Myst remake.

Excellent game though. It looks really great in VR too (though the interaction with hand controllers is a little lacking since it was added post-launch).

meant newest game, i didn't play it yet completely forgot about it. so i am hyped.

SF Kosmo

I'm triggered you called this a "Myst game". :messenger_neutral:

In all seriousness, though, Cyan's new game, Firmament looks more Myst-like, and I look forward to that one, if you're interested.
Obduction is, indeed, very very Myst like. It's more sci-fi than fantasy, but it's otherwise very similar.

Only think i know its from them i believe, that was the main selling point.
You'll dig it, it's very close to Myst and also very good. It has one or two kind of bullshit puzzles toward the end where I needed to look up the solution but overall I loved it.

Last edited:

Excess

Obduction is, indeed, very very Myst like. It's more sci-fi than fantasy, but it's otherwise very similar.

You'll dig it, it's very close to Myst and also very good. It has one or two kind of bullshit puzzles toward the end where I needed to look up the solution but overall I loved it.
Sorry, it's just that I'm one of the biggest Myst fans, and I actually backed the Kickstarter that helped develop Obduction. To me, it was nothing like Myst.

As far as a point-and-click puzzle genre game, then yes.

SF Kosmo

Sorry, it's just that I'm one of the biggest Myst fans, and I actually backed the Kickstarter that helped develop Obduction. To me, it was nothing like Myst.

As far as a point-and-click puzzle genre game, then yes.
The style of puzzles, the traveling between different "ages" with the portals, the sparse use of FMV character interaction, the storytelling through what was left behind...

I mean it was a hard sci-fi world, and Myst was more fantasy with a little steampunk (like Firmament will be), but everything else was Myst to the bone.

Honestly I loved it, it was one of the best first gen VR games, back before Oculus had hand controllers.

Last edited:

Does this free version have VR support?

Excess

The style of puzzles, the traveling between different "ages" with the portals, the sparse use of FMV character interaction, the storytelling through what was left behind...

I mean it was a hard sci-fi world, and Myst was more fantasy with a little steampunk (like Firmament will be), but everything else was Myst to the bone.

Honestly I loved it, it was one of the best first gen VR games, back before Oculus had hand controllers.
Yucky. I don't know, maybe I was just disappointed.

T-Cake

Totally confused me this week. I seem to already own Offworld Trading Company from a previous giveaway although the button says "Get" instead of "In Library". Same with Defense Grid: The Awakening which is coming next week.

Kazza

So, which of these free giveaway games has anyone actually played? I finally played through my first one last month (Celeste), and I'll start either The Messenger or maybe Kingdom Come Deliverance sometime next month. This Epic giveaway thing pretty much led to me quitting Humble Bundle :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

Kenpachii

So, which of these free giveaway games has anyone actually played? I finally played through my first one last month (Celeste), and I'll start either The Messenger or maybe Kingdom Come Deliverance sometime next month. This Epic giveaway thing pretty much led to me quitting Humble Bundle :messenger_sunglasses:

Probably about 7-8 games total. they got some good gems in giveaways at times.

T-Cake

Two - Hob and Shadow Tactics. Both of which I really enjoyed so I promptly bought them on Steam as I felt dirty playing them on EGS. 🤣

myfriendtim

Top Bottom