• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Store Free Games

Quasicat

I just got back into PC gaming after taking a number of years away from it. I got my Steam Store back up and found this thread. My question, how often does Epic give away free games. I’ve been doing the daily stuff, but getting free games everyday cannot be normal.

DaGwaphics

I hope the Plague Tale: Innocence rumor is true, I didn't play that when it was on GP and it doesn't get discounted as much as you'd think it would.

GHG

I hope the Plague Tale: Innocence rumor is true, I didn't play that when it was on GP and it doesn't get discounted as much as you'd think it would.

It's constantly on sale. Been available for and under $7 for a very long time now:

DaGwaphics

It's constantly on sale. Been available for and under $7 for a very long time now:

I guess I've always been looking for it at the wrong time. LOL

Well, free is still a solid price for it.

Quasicat

Nice to see a puzzle game. Escape Rooms are kind of fun.
I'm currently 30 hours deep into Talos Principal 2 and The puzzles are getting 'out there'.
I completed Escape Rooms on Xbox when it was on GamePass last summer. The puzzles aren’t too crazy, but it was fun going through a school building full of little self-contained escape rooms.

Wildebeest

Right, I'm actually going to break from tradition and play one of the games. Escape Rooms sound like a good way to take a break from the Warframe grind.

BlackTron

I just browsed my library and can't believe I have over 100 games, a decent chunk real ass titles like GTA5, Death Stranding, Bioshock, Nioh, Civ 6.

I've never sent them a single dollar. We say Sony's competition is MS giving away free shit, but the competition for Gamepass is Epic giving away even freer shit.

Tim Sweeney has given me the gift of not feeling guilty.

GHG

DaGwaphics DaGwaphics your wish is granted.

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

DaGwaphics

GotG will be a great get for people that don't already have it. That's a play anywhere on Xbox, if you bought it there you already have it on PC.

//DEVIL//

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy

Is the next free deal from Epic
Yup. the leak is proven to be true.

thankfully I didn't buy it during black Friday. I was so tempted to do so during the holidays.

I gotta say, my Epic library of good games is becoming really decent. not as good as Steam still but it's impressive.

they only need to work on the store and we are golden. ( which is surprising they didn't yet since they are a software company in the first place )

Last edited:

Quasicat

GotG will be a great get for people that don't already have it. That's a play anywhere on Xbox, if you bought it there you already have it on PC.
Thank for posting this. I am curious though, is it possible to get it on the Steam Deck this way other than dual booting Windows? I’m willing to try it, but using the Heroic launcher to get Epic games is much easier than running Windows. I say this, because I have a bunch of play anywhere titles and I’m not wanting to rebuy them on Steam.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I just got back into PC gaming after taking a number of years away from it. I got my Steam Store back up and found this thread. My question, how often does Epic give away free games. I’ve been doing the daily stuff, but getting free games everyday cannot be normal.

Part of the modern PC gaming experience is being showered in free games for no reason

DaGwaphics

Thank for posting this. I am curious though, is it possible to get it on the Steam Deck this way other than dual booting Windows? I’m willing to try it, but using the Heroic launcher to get Epic games is much easier than running Windows. I say this, because I have a bunch of play anywhere titles and I’m not wanting to rebuy them on Steam.

Maybe with Wine, I don't know. The Xbox app is tightly woven into Windows, if you have a lot of these or enjoy GP etc., I'd probably just dual boot it.

simpatico

I can't stand the overwhelming majority of cape shit and I think Guardians is a really good game. Worth everyone's time. Better story than most of the new capeshit movies. Super enjoyable and actually hard to put down.

Last edited:

GHG

Use this:

Last edited:

Joramun

Yup. the leak is broven to be true.

thankfully I didn't buy it during black Friday. i was so tempted to do so during the holidays.

I gotta say, my Epic library of good games is becoming really decent. not as good as steam still but its impressive.

they only need to work on the store and we are golden. ( which is surprising they didn't yet since they are a software company in the first place )
Agree. Their store needs a good improvement. I want a genre type in the description as well. Not just the name of the game.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Once or twice a week usually, then more during the holidays. I’m at over 300 free games on EGS, and I’ve seen people with more. I’ve purchased 3 games on extreme sale with the coupon in the past.

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

It’s most likely been posted here, but I downloaded Metal Storm. It’s an airplane dogfighting game. It’s pretty awesome. I use an Xbox elite controller, and the game is massive fun.

Wildebeest

I'll not play this cape game when I've finished not playing my free Death Stranding Director's edition. That's a big game to not play, so it could take a while.

Certinty

Guardians of the Galaxy is still my game of the generation so far.

Amazing soundtrack, visuals, world variety, characters, story and attention to detail. Combat is not great but there's not much of it anyway until the last few chapters.

So glad more people will give it a chance now with it being free, the game deserved so much better.

buenoblue

Guardians of the galaxy, nice 😀. I have it on PS5 but I'm getting a 4070 super in a week or 2( hopefully)

What is the performance like on PC with raytracing?

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
My Epic library is actually pretty decent now, almost up there with my age-old Steam account which I thought would never be matched. And to think I've only paid for a handful of those EGS games.

Top Bottom