• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Store Free Games

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Guardians of the Galaxy is still my game of the generation so far.

Amazing soundtrack, visuals, world variety, characters, story and attention to detail. Combat is not great but there's not much of it anyway until the last few chapters.

So glad more people will give it a chance now with it being free, the game deserved so much better.

Damn, game of the generation is lofty. I really enjoyed it as well.

Especially how they made use of your teammates not just for combat, but navigating the stage.

It was the one game that in videos just didn’t look all that fun to play, but I took a chance on it anyways and was glad I did.

Never played Guardians of the Galaxy. I just fired it up on my new PC with everything maxed out. Looks great and plays great. The onscreen control promps for my Xbox controller are messed up. It's not 'X' it's 'A'.

Tangerine

Guardians is brilliant fun. Before Guardians 3 movie released it was effectively guardians 3, the story, sets, animations, characters, dialogue, back and forth comradary... All top notch.

Looking forward to playing it on something more powerful than my series X - I finished it twice while it was on game pass.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there nothing free this week?

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Never played Guardians of the Galaxy. I just fired it up on my new PC with everything maxed out. Looks great and plays great. The onscreen control promps for my Xbox controller are messed up. It's not 'X' it's 'A'.
Been playing this out of Epic Game Store after the recent giveaway, and I'm getting that, too. I didn't find any controller icon option in the game menu.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I just browsed my library and can't believe I have over 100 games, a decent chunk real ass titles like GTA5, Death Stranding, Bioshock, Nioh, Civ 6.

I've never sent them a single dollar. We say Sony's competition is MS giving away free shit, but the competition for Gamepass is Epic giving away even freer shit.

Tim Sweeney has given me the gift of not feeling guilty.
Yeah I have put my gamepass on hold for a little bit as I established such a big backlog of free games.

Wildebeest

The Beast Inside​

Welp, just finished Doors Paradox All 3 chapters, 8 hours 39min. Cute little puzzle game, mostly slide puzzles and a few twitch timing puzzles.

I noticed I have all 3 of the newer Tomb Raider games in the Epic Game store, are these worth diving into? I started the first game when it came out but abandoned it somewhere along the way. Never tried the other 2.

Last edited:

FingerBang

Welp, just finished Doors Paradox All 3 chapters, 8 hours 39min. Cute little puzzle game, mostly slide puzzles and a few twitch timing puzzles.

I noticed I have all 3 of the newer Tomb Raider games in the Epic Game store, are these worth diving into? I started the first game when it came out but abandoned it somewhere along the way. Never tried the other 2.
They are good games, but if you didn't like the first one I'm not sure you'd like the others. I think that's overall the best one because of its metroidvania progression, then they got progressively worse. I enjoyed all of them.

They're like Uncharted games with worse gameplay and writing

They are good games, but if you didn't like the first one I'm not sure you'd like the others. I think that's overall the best one because of its metroidvania progression, then they got progressively worse. I enjoyed all of them.

They're like Uncharted games with worse gameplay and writing
I remember liking the first one, but for whatever reason I moved onto other games and just forgot about them. I'm going to install them and give them a go.
Play these alongside Baldurs Gate 3. Go back and forth between Uncharted like Tomb Raider and a Turn base RPG.

So, is this just the all free games thread now?
I need to sign up for a GOG account someday.
Edit I just made an account, but it says I don't have an account when I sign in. 🤷‍♂️
Edit Edit- It did not like spaces in the User Name so now I have a brand new account with GOG. :)

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

I need to sign up for a GOG account someday.
Edit I just made an account, but it says I don't have an account when I sign in. 🤷‍♂️
Edit Edit- It did not like spaces in the User Name so now I have a brand new account with GOG. :)
Check out their free games collection:

Check out their free games collection:

Wow thanks for the link. Downloading Jill of the Jungle. First thing that caught my eye.
See Ultimate games too.

My God I’m getting old.

Top Bottom