• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Store Free Games

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Now free:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Kazza

Would it be a little optimistic to think of QUBE 2 as another Portal? (reviews all seem very positive)

Fuz

Banned
Up for the new freebies:

Caffeine

Will they stop with the free games at the end of the year?
I think with the EA going back to steam move and fortnite still raking in cash in teh truckloads I honestly dont see why they would need to stop infact it gives their client allure to continue it another 12 months.

manfestival

I recently got to play and beat Bad North thanks to Games Pass. I highly recommend this game for anyone that likes casual strategy. I do feel a regular campaign runs too long to encourage more play throughs but it is worth checking out

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Reactions: Fuz

Liftplus

I wonder if we'll continue to get free games from epic. There's no info on next week games and i think in FAQ it says they'll be giving out games till the end of 2019.

GreenAlien

I wonder if we'll continue to get free games from epic. There's no info on next week games and i think in FAQ it says they'll be giving out games till the end of 2019.
It said "drop in on 19.12.19 for more free games" or something like that before they surprise unlocked The Wolf among Us.

Edit: Apparently, there will be a free game every day from 19 -31 december..

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

An Epic spokesperson told VGC this week they didn’t have any plans they could share when asked if the free games promotion will be extended beyond 2019.

ROMhack

Yeah the appeal of free games is tiny IMHO.

Don't expect them to continue ad nauseum.

Last edited:

This might be a last big hurrah, so maybe some bigger titles. Vampyr maybe? Subnautica: Below Zero, Far Cry Primal, Operencia, Darksiders 3, Outward possibly?

I think My Time at Portia will be one of them.

GreenAlien

Yeah the appeal of free games is tiny IMHO.
I don't think it's only about appealing with the free games themselves.. i think it's about providing a game library. People with big steam libraries do not want to use something else, in part because they don't want to separate their collection.. so.. you hook them with free games.. now they have 2 collections anyway and the resistance to buying on Epic is lowered a lot..

Last edited:

SweetShark

I don't think it's only about appealing with the free games themselves.. i think it's about providing a game library. People with big steam libraries do not want to use something else, in part because they don't want to separate their collection.. so.. you hook them with free games.. now they have 2 collections anyway and the resistance to buying on Epic is lowered a lot..

Doesn't GoG Galaxy have a feature to have all your games in one place or I am mistaken?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
No no, you are supposed to be angry that Epic exists

HKeuSqP.gif

TacosNSalsa

People like me probably are the reason they don't want to continue. I log in to add the game to my account, don't bother to download, and then log out until the next game.
Same here. I don't even have downloaded the Epic launcher.
Pfft ..amateurs. I dont even have a PC at home . I go to the local library to add games to my account.

faraany3k

Banned
So I have bought The Division 2 by using discount coupon. I have not recieved the $10 code again. Still a great offer. Epic is not going slow.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I could only imagine the absolute insanity if Valve was doing $10 off every $15 purchase during their Winter sale.

I'm actually tempted to pick up a few games here just because I know they definitely won't be cheaper than $5 probably ever again.

manfestival

Into the breach is a super solid game. Only got to play it on a friends system for a while. I had it on my steam wishlist but... you can't beat free. Super glad I held out(also super busy with other games too)

Fbh

Between the regional pricing, the 10 coupon and the free games this is definitely much nicer than the Steam sale even if the selection is limited.

I read somewhere else that a lot of games on the Epic games store are apparently DRM Free? Anyone know if there's any truth to that?

Azaroth

Is there any way to get an alert whenever a new free game is offered?

Edit: I realize it’s every day for the rest of this month, but wondering if there’s a way to set up an alert to cover games after that.

Last edited:

Between the regional pricing, the 10 coupon and the free games this is definitely much nicer than the Steam sale even if the selection is limited.

I read somewhere else that a lot of games on the Epic games store are apparently DRM Free? Anyone know if there's any truth to that?

What 10 dollar coupon? =)

Top Bottom