• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deals Epic Store Free Games

adamosmaki

Oct 9, 2019
No, it was not the glitch. You should get another one after Metro Exodus purchase.
I have been quite critical of Epic store but at least this move with the coupons is a nice way to get customers to buy games on their store and will get them some positive press ( much better than paying to get timed exclusive games )

GreenAlien

Jun 11, 2016
The Bridge

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jul 2, 2013
Oregon

Damn, next week is :messenger_fire:

Reactions: Kazza

Fbh

Dec 6, 2013
Pales in comparison to the grandeur of Farming Simulator 19!
If it's good enough for Merkel it's good enough for you!!!!

I thought shovelware wasn't allowed on the EGS? :unsure:

I actually know a few board game fans who are going to download the epic games store for this. So it's better than shovelware

xrnzaaas

Dec 9, 2013
Nice, probably the best game they offered so far. I highly recommend Kingdom Come even if you're not into popular rpg's. It can also be played like a pretty realistic medieval times simulator. :)

Reactions: hariseldon and GHG

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
Nice, probably the best game they offered so far. I highly recommend Kingdom Come even if you're not into popular rpg's. It can also be played like a pretty realistic medieval times simulator. :)
My game of the decade, in a close fight with Disco Elysium. Still I think you should buy it elsewhere because of Epic’s dodgy morals.

• LOL
Reactions: Bonfires Down

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

Fbh

Dec 6, 2013
Damn this game seems demanding, even at medium I'm not getting more than like 40fps. (I'm on a laptop with a 1050ti so it's not like I'm expecting much).

Guess that just like with AC Odyssey it's high settings at 30fps time! Is there any way to actually lock the fps to 30 though?, I don't see any option in the settings

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2013
Omaha, NE - USA
The one game (Kingdom Come) I was always interested in, but never wanted to save money for. I’m shocked I own it now and it didn’t cost me anything. My gratitude towards Epic.

The Epic store needs a retro section now.

xrnzaaas

Dec 9, 2013
Nice, another big release. I liked the city map in AC Syndicate, but the characters and the story were bland and I didn't finish the main campaign. Just had a lot of fun exploring London.

TaySan

Dec 16, 2018
How's the DLC for Syndicate? Only had the base game from Uplay, but might pick up the dlc eventually if it's any good on sale.

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
How's the DLC for Syndicate? Only had the base game from Uplay, but might pick up the dlc eventually if it's any good on sale.
The muder mystery dlc pack is really good (it's only like $5) and the Jack the Ripper DLC is good but a tad bit divisive. Everything else you can skip on. You really don't need the jack the ripper pack either though tbh. The murder mystery pack is good tho for a cool extra for $5.

Jack the Ripper was the only real "big" dlc syndicate got anyways so the base game will pretty much have you covered. Syndicate didn't get that much of a post launch support comparative to Origins with the Hidden Ones and Curse of the Pharoah or Odyssey did.

edit: IIRC fans who bought the season pass were pretty pissed too about the post launch dlc support.

Last edited:

The_Mike

...dropped on head by Jack Tretton (2013)
Nov 5, 2017
Denmark
Epic is giving for free lifetime access to better games than what some console gamers are forced into with yearly subscriptions.

One of a number of reasons I let my PS+ sub lapse.
While it's nice to get free things, let's not stretch it too much.