• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eric Trump to Muslim comic: Come on, you really think we'll have a Muslim registry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that was the platform they ran on...

Can you provide me a link to the Trump campaign's platform - or even a quote from a speech - that says they wanted to force all American Muslims to join a registry?

As far as I've been able to tell, they've always suggested something very different:

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/16/13649764/trump-muslim-register-database

I wouldn't have voted for Trump even if the only other candidate was a bucket of dead squid, but let's cut the fearmongering, okay? You're obscuring the real dangers by screaming about fake ones.

But that was the platform they ran on...

they also ran on a platform of draining the swamp and being tough on companies to keep jobs in the US.
So far, we've gotten a lot of millionaires, billionaires, and career politicians, and Trump went with soft crony capitalism to keep 40% of Carrier's jobs in Indiana.

Theecliff

Banned
Eric Trump somehow reminds me of Patrick Bateman.
bateman talks about both donald trump and the art of the deal regularly in the novel. it's pretty telling that even twenty years ago a fictional serial killer and rapist who embodied neoliberalism taken to the extreme was written to look up to trump like a hero.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's not "technically" a Muslim registry if they just reimplement NSEERS.

Just happens to feature mostly non-citizen individuals from predominantly Muslim countries. So that's the work around I guess.

It was just a prank, bro

Edit: beaten like a poor kid who accidentally wandered his way into young Eric Trump's birthday extravaganza.

M3z_

If a party makes a habit of lying what evidence are you using to determine which statement is fact and which is a lie. Was his father lying to capture xenophobic voters or is his son lying to evade a probing question from a Muslim confronting him in public, how can this comic feel any sort of certainty in the authenticity of what he has been told. Which statement you feel is true and which is false is more likley just a reflection of your personal bias about what form of evil you think the Trumps present unless you are backing up your interpretation with evidence. Either statement could be true and regardless both realities would be gross and abhorrent.

bateman talks about both donald trump and the art of the deal regularly in the novel. it's pretty telling that even twenty years ago a fictional serial killer and rapist who embodied neoliberalism taken to the extreme was written to look up to trump like a hero.

Holy shit. Gonna have to read this book again

Eric Trump would be over-cast as an 80s cocaine date rape executive. You'd be like, "come on tone it down a little"

But on the flipside young Gary Busey could play him.

Look at his fucking Trump monogram sweater. Chill out wardrobe department!

Why is shit like this acceptable? I mean, the guy can't help how he looks. Criticise his policies and way he conducts himself all you want, but shit like this is just abhorrent and devolves into the same type of prejudice one holds against a Muslim bearded fellow. Oh he looks like a coke addict is no different than saying someone with a beard look like a terrorist.

Amazing how people unconsciously devolve into the same type of superficial judgement of character they deem others as terrible people for.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Why is shit like this acceptable? I mean, the guy can't help how he looks. Criticise his policies and way he conducts himself all you want, but shit like this is just abhorrent and devolves into the same type of prejudice one holds against a Muslim bearded fellow. Oh he looks like a coke addict is no different than saying someone with a beard look like a terrorist.

Amazing how people unconsciously devolve into the same type of superficial judgement of character they deem others as terrible people for.

On the other hand I made no mention of the fact that he supports his dad's virulent racism, stated proclivity for sexual assault, crooked business apparatus and the not inconsiderable damage done to the reputation and seriousness of the office.

But yes the limit should be comparison to 80s movie archetypes.

Zubz

Banned
So either he's lying and denying that this is something his dad's "Amalgamation of Civil Rights Violations" cabinet will totally do despite knowing that to be the case, or he's telling the truth and outing said shitty cabinet as lying to the horrible people that voted for it in the first place.

Either way, the statement should get everyone pissed off. Is this gaining any traction in mainstream media, or...

I could imagine him being the next joker, he would do a better job than Jared that's for sure.

Definitely the wrong Eric for the job, if the Eric Andre thread is anything to go by.

Monocle

Whoever said Trump's sons look like the kind of people who would go out on purge night were dead on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom