• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN Baseball (Xbox) League?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Konex stop all this madness now,you need more practice anyway,so waiting till like monday would be perfect and it gives us more time to look for sliders or whats needed to make the game better.

I dont like the waiting inbetween 4 days for games crap either,all leagues have failed when its been that long a wait.

I myself would prefer 3 days and a 40 game schedule.

Ps- Konex in league play you better not start warming up your bullpen in the first inning,thats not sim like :p

Cloudy

Banned
Why are you in such a hurry?

The league was made before FMT or Fifty even posted here so I dunno what you mean. If you guys find something...fine, make another league and I'll join...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyway we can fix the pictchers and their ablity to catch every god damn ball? :lol :(

Ramirez

Dude we all bought this to play in a league and now you're just acting all silly about it,what the fuck does it matter if the league doesn't start for a few days?

LukeSmith

I'll play in the league if there's still spots available. Ramirez you'll have to walk my dumbass through signing up for it.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
SO wait... after all that BS about Not falling for another ESPN game... Everyone is now on board??? WTF...

FUC* this league I am sic and tired of going to the store picking up a game to get in on some gaf league goodness, for it only to stumble 3 weeks into it....

ill be back later, going to the store picking up a game to get in on some gaf league goodness

Ramirez

:lol :lol

I tinkered around with some stuff...hitting seems to be totally random on the higher difficulties,so I tried a game on Pro.I put the pitch speed to 100 and the K Zone on like 90 speed and I must say its a much funner experience.I'm actually getting hits and I even hit a HR :lol Everyone try it out and tweak it or whatever to your liking and we'll settle on something.

Ramirez

Ok,I just completed my first game with those settings...

Red Sox-2 Runs, 9 Hits, 0 Errors
Indians- 3 Runs, 10 Hits, 2 Errors

It was a lot more fun than the games I played last night.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Malleymal said:
SO wait... after all that BS about Not falling for another ESPN game... Everyone is now on board??? WTF...

FUC* this league I am sic and tired of going to the store picking up a game to get in on some gaf league goodness, for it only to stumble 3 weeks into it....

My thoughts exactly. Actually I went out and bought MVP cause everyone was going off about how we weren't gonna listen to Konex again. Yeah whatever. Now I'm gonna have to trade in some games so I can rationalize getting another baseball game.
This league better not fold in a couple of weeks like every other ESPN league does.

Ramirez

Oh and Konex,might we wanna wait to start a league until the actual rosters are up to date?The Indians don't even have Arthur Rhodes and that deal happened like 6 months ago :lol

Fifty

Wow, in that case, I doubt you're ever going to get him. That's not saying much, considering it's Arthur Rhodes, but that's still ridiculous.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ramirez said:
Well if you guys don't wanna play you don't have to buy it :lol

But I do want to play. It just sucks that now I'm buying two games when I'm not even a baseball fan. I'm from Calgary we don't have baseball.

But I do want to play. It just sucks that now I'm buying two games when I'm not even a baseball fan. I'm from Calgary we don't have baseball.

:lol welcome to my world! i'm not a huge baseball fan either, but both games are very fun and at a good price

Ramirez

Seriously Konex,you can't tell me that game we just played was fun.We ended up with like 6 hits each and those were spread out and I won in the 11th with an inside the park HR,that is garbage.

Beckett was throwing a 101 MPH fastball that looked like a 75 MPH changeup,ugh.

Pro level with 100 speed for pitching=good game,All Star on default=trash.

Matrix

Konex cant even score on all-star,how could he be having fun :lol

Ramirez

That's what Im saying,NO ONE can score with any kind of consistency on AllStar/Legend unless it's from an error or some other stupid shit.

Matrix

Ramirez said:
That's what Im saying,NO ONE can score with any kind of consistency on AllStar/Legend unless it's from an error or some other stupid shit.

Well that comment needs to be thrown out the window :lol I just scored 5 runs,4 solo Hr's off of Konex and he hit two 2 run hr's off weak ass Clemens fastballs.

Cloudy

Banned
Seriously Konex,you can't tell me that game we just played was fun.We ended up with like 6 hits each and those were spread out and I won in the 11th with an inside the park HR,that is garbage.

Many baseball games end up low scoring like that and I made like 2 errors on that play so it's not surprising you got the IHR. The scoring is fine on Allstar IMO

PS: That was a pitcher's duel. Very fun :D

PS2: The default pitch speed is fine IMO

Fifty

You admit to being a casual baseball fan! I think I'll take Ramirez's word on the fast ball looking like a change up ;p Don't be so hesitant to experiment with sliders.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm a casual fan of hockey too. That doesn't make me ignorant about the sport and the pitches look just fine IMO....

Ramirez

The pitches aren't fine,no where near it.The settings I have make it just like MVP where you actually have to read a pitch and strikeouts become much more of a factor.You might strike out once or twice on the default stuff.

I just played FMT and he seemed to like my settings,it's undoubtedly 10x better than default All-Star in my mind.

Cloudy

Banned
Indians/Astros
0/5 runs
6/13 hits
0/1 HRs
5/4 SOs
1/0 Errors

A typical game for me n Matrix on Allstar. I don't really know what the problem is and does anyone besides Ram see it? Sure there will be low scoring games sometimes but it's baseball :p

theo

Contest Winner
cloudy you should edit the first post of this thread with the league info. i didn't know you deleted the first one until just now :lol

Cloudy

Banned
Want a game, Theo?

Here is the new league info:

league = gafallstar
pass = espn

Although, it'll be scrapped and FMT will make another (the final lol) if there are sliders changes that everyone agrees on...

Ramirez

Me and Matrix just had a 3 to 2 game on my settings,I refuse to play on default,but you can tweak what I've suggested.Default settings are pure garbage on here.

Cloudy

Banned
What if others just flat out refuse to play on your settings too? o_O

I'm not taking a hardline stance and I'm trying your settings with Matrix now but IMO default is fine and I sure as hell ain't playing on pro :p

Ramirez

What if others just flat out refuse to play on your settings too? o_O

I very seriously doubt they will,and at most they will just want to tweak them a little.They are simply better than default dude.I know you won't agree,but FMT liked my settings and Matrix seemed to like them aside from the changeup speed not being what he wanted.Scoot liked them too and is using them offline now,so bah!

I'm not taking a hardline stance

*insert HUGE rolleyes smiley*

do you see why it was a good idea to wait konex? people can feel out what they like best. so far i have seen the following on Pro which i feel were missing on all-star (that i saw in about 5 games on all-star):

* bloopers
* line drives to the outfield
* balls hit through the infield

now i don't know if all-star can be adjusted to where it would be more realistic, but as all-star is on default you pretty much have to hit a homerun in order to score. i dont understand why you are against Pro. You are putting up next to nothing on all-star, it can only get better for you

p.s. the official leagues will be up soon friends... as soon as we find the best slider settings. again, please post any suggestions or ideas in this thread so we can test them out and fine tune them

Ramirez

Yea I mean keep the shit on All-Star and just tweak the pitch speed/kzone speed/batter contact.

Sorry,I just don't find it fun when every game I've played on default settings comes down to whoever commits an error at the end or some other stupid shit.You simply can't get any kind of rhytm going as far as hitting goes.

No one else is bitching because hardly anyone has played it aside from like 5 of us.I also just love how the ball seems to float forever on default,I dunno if this has to do with All-Star or what,but you can actually hit hard line drives on Pro.Seriously,why are you so against Pro?Me and Matrix had a 3-2 ball game on Pro,it's not like it will turn into a easy game or anything.

LMAO,man you're acting like the biggest douche in the world.

:lol

you will play. give it a shot, VC put sliders in there for a reason. the game isn't perfect on default. tinker with the settings and report back, dont just say "all star or nothin and no i wont try anything else"

Cloudy

Banned
Seriously,why are you so against Pro?

I don't like homer/hit fests? VC games on Pro = weak

Sorry,I just don't find it fun when every game I've played on default settings comes down to whoever commits an error at the end or some other stupid shit.You simply can't get any kind of rhytm going as far as hitting goes.

That hasn't been the case for me

No one else is bitching because hardly anyone has played it aside from like 5 of us.

Shadow, Confusing, Theo are all playing as well. Matrix hasn't complained in this thread either. All I see is you and FMT...and Fifty who hasn't even played it yet :p

dont just say "all star or nothin and no i wont try anything else"

I've played on all the settings and that's why I thought Legend was no good.

I am fine with tweaking the sliders but I won't be playing on pro or with the k-zone interface sped up. I just don't like those settings :)

Ramirez

Well I sure as hell aint playing on your settings :lol

And a 3-2 ball game=HR fest?

You're just being an idiot dude.

pro or all-star is up for debate, but one thing is for certain and that is the pitches DO need to be sped up. as it is on default, it is waaaaaaaaaaay too easy to get contact. i know you are having trouble locating the pitches, but that is baseball dude. what you are suggesting is the equivalent of saying "Can we set the offensive line protection in Football 2005 to 100? I'm having trouble reading defenses and I want to be able to sit back in the pocket and dissect everything at my own pace." The reason some players will be better than others is because they have a good eye. why would you want to take that potential advantage away from someone?

Top Bottom