ESRB Watch: Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 rated for the Xbox 360/Playstation 3 (!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dec 20, 2004
73,272
0
0
38
Tampa Bay, FL
msp.starshipmoonhawk.com
Right, been doing one of my periodical digging through the backlogs of the ESRB ratings and this time around a doozy of a rating.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 CAPCOM Teen Blood, Suggestive Themes, Violence PlayStation 2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Well, there is it, Marvel Vs. Capcom is unofficially officially coming to the HD era in some fashion, most likely as a XBLA/PSN release. You may commence the rejoicing.
 

gray_fox224

Junior Member
Jul 3, 2007
6,795
0
0
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

HUELEN10

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2008
25,749
445
1,360
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! We best get news on this soon! Online play if it is disc-based perhaps?
 

Momar

aka Ryder
Aug 17, 2005
1,534
0
0
HOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT



Yeah, so, this is pretty fucking awesome.
 

Wurm

Banned
Apr 14, 2008
830
0
0
Yes. PartnerNet never lies! My first GAF insider tip :D

I half wanted to post again in that Ben Judd "Ace up their sleeve" topic as I pondered if this is what he could be referring to..
 

yeb

Member
May 8, 2006
708
0
0
34
I never got into this, in large part because it never had online play in any version.

GGPO netcode please?
 

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Sep 18, 2004
9,218
0
0
www.youtube.com
Thank fucking god this game already came out before the age of microtransactions otherwise the game would probably cost about $300 to unlock all the characters.
 

Wurm

Banned
Apr 14, 2008
830
0
0
Shard said:
Oh goodie, thank you for confirming this. (Not that there was much doubt)
Well theres nothing running on PartnerNet, just it showed up as a title with a SSF2HD icon for some reason. So to be honest I'm just going by your ESRB rating as well now to vindicate my throbbing erection and desire to be taken for a ride.
 

gray_fox224

Junior Member
Jul 3, 2007
6,795
0
0
Shit, I'll be buying for both consoles

"I want to take you for a ride...."

God, I love the jazz bgm in the game.
 

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dec 20, 2004
73,272
0
0
38
Tampa Bay, FL
msp.starshipmoonhawk.com
Wurm said:
Well theres nothing running on PartnerNet, just it showed up as a title with a SSF2HD icon for some reason. So to be honest I'm just going by your ESRB rating as well now to vindicate my throbbing erection and desire to be taken for a ride.
Well, that does sound like corroboration and the ESRB is pretty damn reliable when it comes to this sort of thing.
 

gray_fox224

Junior Member
Jul 3, 2007
6,795
0
0
john tv said:
Someone just forwarded this:

whoa

But, I thought the ESRB were going to pull their listings from the web due to these kind of leaks. I heard that on 1up yours.
 

Aaron

Member
Apr 12, 2006
25,471
0
0
www.the-nextlevel.com
I recently went back and played MvsC2 after not playing it for years, and immediately found it pretty unsatisfying. While the assists and teams mix things up, the core fighting is really basic. I'd much rather have a lagless GGX or KOF XI online. At least KoF '98 is coming.
 

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dec 20, 2004
73,272
0
0
38
Tampa Bay, FL
msp.starshipmoonhawk.com
gray_fox224 said:
whoa

But, I thought the ESRB were going to pull their listings from the web due to these kind of leaks. I heard that on 1up yours.

Well, here is the thing, the ESRB has attempted to get sneaky with some of the ratings, note the Xbox/Playstation 2 tags, I found this at the very back of the Playstation 3 area. It appears when an old game is re-rated for a new system the rating stays with the old date, pops-up in the back instead of the front, that is why exploration is needed at times.
 

PSGames

Junior Member
Apr 1, 2008
6,707
2
885
Atlanta, GA
Shard said:
Right, been doing one of my periodical digging through the backlogs of the ESRB ratings and this time around a doozy of a rating.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 CAPCOM Teen Blood, Suggestive Themes, Violence PlayStation 2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Well, there is it, Marvel Vs. Capcom is unofficially officially coming to the HD era in some fashion, most likely as a XBLA/PSN release. You may commence the rejoicing.


:D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.