• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Estimating bra size from a photograph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reiko

Banned
Got this from somewhere else.

Here is the algorithm:

1. Estimate height and then divide by the proportion of the face to height (between 9.4-9.7 based on my research) to get R.

2. Now divide R by the height of the face in the photo to get P.

3. Now measure the protrusion of the boobs from the chest. Can be difficult if face on but easier if she is photographed from the side. This will give us T which we multiply by P to get how big her cup size is.

4. Measure the side and multiply by 2 and then to this add the full width of the body from the front multiplied by 2 or measure half way across the front of the body from the front and multiply by 4. This will give us the chest figure in the photo and we multiply by P to get the real chest figure.

I implemented this in a program and actually calculates for heights 1 inch less and 1 inch greater than the estimated height and also calculates for every proportion of face height. How reliable I have no idea but it seems reasonable.

Suggestions and corrections are welcome.

Velcro Fly

It would probably be less creepy just to break into wherever they live and steal one if you are putting this much thought into it.

It would probably be less creepy just to break into wherever they live and steal one if you are putting this much thought into it.

KuGsj.gif

Maddocks

walk up to said girl and say,"hey, I have a bet going, what's yo' tittie size gurl" and bam. no math involved.

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
Gaf girls should totally post their pics, you know, for science.

this is a terrible idea

I usually use this method:

"Yo girl, I got a magic trick for ya. I bet I can guess what bust size you are just by feeling it. If I guess wrong, I'll buy you a drink. ;)"

Reiko

Banned
Lol at creating this thread, after you posted this just a couple hours ago...

It seems you're kind of obsessed OP! =)

If you've seen my posts from the infamous Shakira thread... You would know I'm a boob & ass man. But yeah that "calculation" was posted from a user named "raincoatband" in a NSFW forum. What was I doing there? Research of course.

Someone else just posted this:

Depends on lens distortion with focal length and subject's distance from camera:
24mm example pinupfiles from 12-15 inches
vs
200mm example playboy centerfold from 12-15 feet

why does it matter so much anyway? wouldn't shape, color of the areola/nips and the size ratio of the areola to the tit be the aesthetics to judge by? any cup size you think it is just by seeing a bra under a shirt can be faked. Hell VS has a bra that let's you go up 2 cup sizes.

why does it matter so much anyway? wouldn't shape, color of the areola/nips and the size ratio of the areola to the tit be the aesthetics to judge by? any cup size you think it is just by seeing a bra under a shirt can be faked. Hell VS has a bra that let's you go up 2 cup sizes.

leave it to devo to get all technical about boobs and kill our boners.

Reiko

Banned

I agree with you. I think that calculation is a dumb idea, but I just want some of GAF's thoughts on it.

I just guess like everyone else does.

It's also pointless since some women are wearing the wrong size bras without proper measurements.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
why does it matter so much anyway? wouldn't shape, color of the areola/nips and the size ratio of the areola to the tit be the aesthetics to judge by? any cup size you think just by seeing a bra under a shirt can be faked. Hell VS has a bra that let's you go up 2 cup sizes.
You're thinking too much about this, perv!

Maddocks

all I need to know about boobs is

A cup - who let you in the building?
B cup - you'll do.
C cup - hello hello
D cup - wanna get married sometime?
E cup and bigger - want a car?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Isn't it the case that most people, women included, don't actually have an accurate gauge of cup sizes? I recall reading about that on a GAF thread in the past.

Pau

So is this one of those threads where guys post about bra sizes and show that they know nothing about them?
Cup sizes do not work the way you think they do.

B cup - you'll do.
C cup - hello hello
You do realize that cup size literally means nothing without the band size attached to it? For example, 34B and 36B are not the same cup size.

Reiko

Banned

B cup - you'll do.
C cup - hello hello

While I like big boobs, women have alot to offer besides what they're hiding under their bra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom