• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Estimating bra size from a photograph

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

why does it matter so much anyway? wouldn't shape, color of the areola/nips and the size ratio of the areola to the tit be the aesthetics to judge by? any cup size you think it is just by seeing a bra under a shirt can be faked. Hell VS has a bra that let's you go up 2 cup sizes.

Yeah, it seems like anybody who put this much thought into it would realize that so many of the crucial measurements are impossible to judge from just a photograph.

Even if you snapped a picture of a girl's figure in profile -- how the fuck are you going to really judge her height? Nevermind that you can't tell if her bra is excessively padded or not. Nevermind that the possibility of fake breasts completely throws all these assumptions off, since they presume bodily proportions are the result of genetics (rather than storebought aftermarket boobs).

All the important measurements you are using for calculations are going to be guesses at best. I would say just go with your gut instinct, and realize that her breasts will probably be your best guess, plus-or-minus a cup size (probably minus).

So is this one of those threads where guys post about bra sizes and show that they know nothing about them?
Cup sizes do not work the way you think they do.

You do realize that cup size literally means nothing without the band size attached to it? For example, 34B and 36B are not the same cup size.

Yeah that's the other thing, the width of the individual has to be taken into account.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Yeah, it seems like anybody who put this much thought into it would realize that so many of the crucial measurements are impossible to judge from just a photograph.

Even if you snapped a picture of a girl's figure in profile -- how the fuck are you going to really judge her height? Nevermind that you can't tell if her bra is excessively padded or not.

All the important measurements you are using for calculations are going to be guesses at best. I would say just go with your gut instinct, and realize that her breasts will probably be your best guess, plus-or-minus a cup size (probably minus).

Algorithms can be improved. We will find a way.

We'll use science.

Computer Science.

bjb

Banned
After careful review of the data (assuming my calculations are correct) - pre-weight loss Evilore was a b cup.

i kid i kid

Man what a creepy topic.

Tomat

After careful review of the data (assuming my calculations are correct) - pre-weight loss Evilore was a b cup.

i kid i kid

Man what a creepy topic.

You're probably right actually.

Resilient

Why are people lambasting OP for being attracted to women? Why was much effort and thought put into that equation? Why are people angry? Can't we just enjoy boobs, or am I asking too much?

border

Algorithms can be improved. We will find a way.

Like I said in my edit though, these algorithms presume that proportions are the result of genetic programming. They do not account for the possibility of fake breasts or padded bras or increased hormone intake that resulted in disproportionately large breasts.

In a world where breasts are always natural and always determined by genetics, I suppose you might be able to perfect an algorithm if you are genuinely able to judge height and proportions in a photograph. The problem is that breasts are not genetic anymore. A short girl with a narrow face can go out and buy DD's anytime she wants.

Tomat

Like I said in my edit though, these algorithms presume that proportions are the result of genetic programming. They do not account for the possibility of fake breasts or padded bras or increased hormone intake that resulted in disproportionately large breasts.

In a world where breasts are always natural and always determined by genetics, I suppose you might be able to perfect an algorithm if you are genuinely able to judge height and proportions in a photograph. The problem is that breasts are not genetic anymore. A short girl with a narrow face can go out and buy DD's anytime she wants.
Just wait until we develop photo technology that imprints a photo with the a piece of DNA from every person who appears in the photo.

We'll analyze the genetics and plug it into the algorithm. It'll happen!

If you can estimate how far the boobs stick out from the chest that's pretty much all you need to know. Cup size is just the difference between the circumference of your chest at and then below your boob level. =/ It really isn't hard to come up with an algorithm for that.

The thing is, cup size won't really tell you much about a girl's boobs...

Wool

I don't get all this height of the face stuff. The proportion of the height of the face to their total height? Lets use this picture as an example and assume that she is 6'3"

TpLMPmR.jpg

Reiko

Banned
The girl in my group of friends with the biggest tits is also the shortest.

Yeah that's also something I've noticed. All of my friends with the biggest boobs are either 5 ft or 5'2".

I've never seen a tall busty women like 6 foot and up. I guess they're rare or there is some type of genetics at work, not counting implants.

Yeah that's also something I've noticed. All of my friends with the biggest boobs are either 5 ft or 5'2".

I've never seen a tall busty women like 6 foot and up. I guess they're rare or there is some type of genetics at work, not counting implants.
They're out there. I have a friend who's taller than me and is kind of ridiculous up top.

Yeah that's also something I've noticed. All of my friends with the biggest boobs are either 5 ft or 5"2.

Probably hormones.

That's the best thing, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom