• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etika, popular gaming Youtuber, has passed away

Whitesnake

Banned
Sure. Except although he does have mental issues, he was doing this for like 8 months on not just twitter, but on his reddit, on his streams. It's not as if he was never lucid. I think there's something to be said here that maybe it was in fact both things and maybe I'm allowed to be annoyed with that being that he has a bunch of kids watching and he never truly apologized. Mental health isn't a catch-all thing you can say to cover all issues. Sure it can contribute to a spiral but being that this man was saying similar stuff for years on his alternative youtube account he use to have, I doubt it.

“But what about the kids!” Lmao impressionable kids shouldn’t be watching someone talking about bitch-niggas and waifu feet. His content was never for kids, nor did he ever conduct himself in a kid-friendly way. Fuck outta here with that.

And mental-health isn’t a catch-all, but if you see a pattern of someone being fucked in the head and you still go out of your way to shit on them, that’s bad on you. He never said shit about “faggots” or “wetbacks” until after he started breaking down. He was saying and doing edgy shit to be edgy and push people away. He even said as much in his fucking pre-suicide video.

I hope you never meet a paranoid schizophrenic, because they say offensive shit all the time. Guess those people are gonna have to be canceled too, eh? Gonna shit on them on an SJW forum? Not allowed to have pity for them if they say “faggot”, right?

You seem to think I can't criticize but also be understanding of his issues at the same time. And no, I never talked about him as if he was subhuman lmao. I criticized his behavior which deserved it. He was trolling his own reddit for months when everyone was trying to give him love and support. He constantly tossed it aside and made a joke out of people caring about him.

Calling someone an annoying piece of shit jerk isn’t criticism. Even if they deserved it it’s not a criticism. It’s just an insult. That’s not understanding, that’s shit-talking.

And did you consider that pushing people away is also a sign of mental illness? That maybe Etika’s actions that caused people to be concerned and Etika’s reaction to that concern both came from the same place? That maybe he was just fucked in the head? Did it really never occur to you how completely irrational his actions were?

Are you conflating me with ERA when that thread was mostly people like yourself? Not only that you have no idea who you're talking to it seems because the staff there really do not like me at all because I don't fall in line there like the masses and generally get warned often because my views differ from their consensus.

The thread was mostly people like you, people either calling him a piece of shit or saying to ignore him. I don’t know why you would try to seperate yourself from them when you were right there going with the flow of the thread and shit-talking him.

Talking all that fuckshit about an ill person and then shitting on Keemstar for doing the exact same thing is a bad look, tbh. It’s probably a look Era respected at the time, tho.

Didn’t you get banned from Era during that ban-wave that came once once the mods realized how bad of a look it is that a solid portion lf their community went out of their way to shit-talk a mentally-ill man that ended up committing suicide? Era’s mods are incompetent and like to ban people for dumb reasons, but that one sounds pretty justified.

Either way, to coat everything as black and white as an issue such as this proves you don't know as much of the situation as you claim to.

I mean I wasn’t on ResetEra (because why the fuck would I be) but I was following the Etika situation closely. He did and said a lot of fuckshit, but the entire time I was just hoping he would go back to the way he was. It was clear there was something wrong with him, my first thought was drugs, but it became more and more clear that it was some mental problem.

He was being an ass, but I felt confusion and pity instead of hatred.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Are people actually leaving Twizzlers and joycons by the bridge?

Are people actually leaving Twizzlers and joycons by the bridge?

ZplAq3o.jpg

carlosrox

Banned
Wasn't a fan of his per se, but I did catch some of his vids here and there.

This situation was really sad. Damn shame.

------

I love how that one dickhead on Era caught only a temp ban for basically posting a meme and saying he doesn't care when Etika went missing yet people like me are permed over shit not even close to that bad.

What a shithole.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
RIP.

Also, this incident was a turning point in my eyes opening to the hate at ERA. That thread was full of people calling him an attention whore and trash, wishing him to just go away and worse.
You can't shill BLM then wish a black dude death. Absolute garbage.

LowTierGod's video on Etika's end is by far the dudes best video. RIP King, I wasn't a fan but you needed help and the internet was never going to comfort you.

It’s been a year already?

It was sad learning about his death, hopefully he is at peace now. Clearly he had no one to turn to in his darkest hours. I enjoyed his reaction videos and still wonder how he would react to new games.

TheWisp

The only streamer on YouTube I ever clicked the bell for. His streams were always a good time, doesn't matter the game.

Still get sad from time to time when he comes into my mind. RIP

Top Bottom