• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey 2 remake: official website launched, soundtrack preview

L~A

So, Atlus finally launched the full website for the Etrian Odyssey 2 remake. There's nothing really new for now, but there's at least 2 excerpts for the soundtrack (still done by Yuzo Koshiro, of course)!

Preview 1
Preview 2.

There's also a couple of screens and some Twitter stuff. And it looks like each character is going to get several trailers. If you go to the character page, you can see the characters with various expressions.

Some artworks:

bg_main_visual.jpg

character_visual_1.png

info_hero_illust.png

info_outline_img_1.jpg

character_arianna.png

character_flavio.png

character_bertrand.png

character_chloe.png

info_new_feature_img_1.jpg

info_new_feature_img_2.jpg

info_new_feature_img_3.jpg

info_new_feature_img_4.jpg

arianna_var_1.png

arianna_var_2.png

arianna_var_3.png

arianna_var_4.png

flavio_var_1.png

flavio_var_2.png

flavio_var_3.png

flavio_var_4.png

chloe_var_1.png

chloe_var_2.png

chloe_var_3.png

chloe_var_4.png

bertrand_var_1.png

bertrand_var_2.png

bertrand_var_3.png

bertrand_var_4.png

Eolz

Can't wait! The website is pretty cool too, looks like we'll get trailers for each character.

That music hits the spot. Can't wait. I'll probably skip the story mode this time though.

Any word on grimoire stones? Wasn't a fan of that system.

Katsuragi

Yuzo Koshiro's music is one of the main reasons why I love the Etrian Odyssey series so much. The new cast looks a lot more memorable than the one in Etrian Odyssey Untold.

L~A

That music hits the spot. Can't wait. I'll probably skip the story mode this time though.

They haven't said anything about gameplay yet, so we don't know. Will probably have to wait a couple of weeks before they talk about that.

So, I never played an EO game before but they look interesting. Which one on 3DS would be the best to start with? Do they all follow up on each other or are they self-contained games?

Roubjon

So, I never played an EO game before but they look interesting. Which one on 3DS would be the best to start with? Do they all follow up on each other or are they self-contained games?

They're all self-contained so you don't have to worry about skipping around.

I'd suggest starting with EOIV first though. It's a great introduction to the series and what it's about.

I'm really liking the look of the characters. There's no gunner, but at least Chloe has a Pyro Jack badge on her hat. I think I'll just have the battle theme on loop.

Nachos

Oh man, can't wait for another soundtrack, though I might be tempted to use the original soundtrack, as this was the only Etrian game I haven't beaten.

They haven't said anything about gameplay yet, so we don't know. Will probably have to wait a couple of weeks before they talk about that.

The initial trailer showed screenshots that were clearly of the grimoire screen. I just hope that they changed how you obtain them; I feel sorry for the European players who had the item duplication glitch removed, as that's the only thing that made forging grimoire stones tolerable.

Absolutely love everything I'm seeing thus far. These characters seems more appealing than Untold's, not that Untold's were bad mind you.

And that music. Ohhhh...it is still divine.

A bunch of old dudes and little girls. The Millennium Girl at least had a party that looked roughly the same age.

Arianna is not a little girl, Flavio and Hero look young(in their 20's, but knowing Japan Flavio is probably like 17), Chloe is the obligatory loli, and I LOVE Bertrand's design so fucking much, he looks old and tired, which I love as not everyone needs to look like a badass.

I think it's a pretty diverse and cool party.

Zornica

Banned
I have high hopes that this remake might fix all the complaints I had with the original EO2. I wasn't particular fond of the story. It felt kinda weak compared to the first game... Let's see if they can fix that.

I have high hopes that this remake might fix all the complaints I had with the original EO2. I wasn't particular fond of the story. It felt kinda weak compared to the first game... Let's see if they can fix that.

Most of my complaints will surely be fixed, so I'm excited.

I just want to know if the Grimoire system will be back, and if it does come back, I hope they make it less annoying.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Goddamn they are riding that EO train. We've had what, 4, that weird story driven one, and now this within just a couple years? Like I'm a fan of the series but I'm getting sick of dungeon crawlers

Goddamn they are riding that EO train. We've had what, 4, that weird story driven one, and now this within just a couple years? Like I'm a fan of the series but I'm getting sick of dungeon crawlers

They've released one almost every year or every year and a half, it's nothing new. There's a team for EO so they will keep making EO games.

EO1: 2007
EO2: 2008
EO3: 2010
EO4: 2012
EOU: 2013

so, what comes next? EO 4 emake or EO 5?

I don't think they will remake 4 as part of the remake of the first Trilogy, maybe in the future after EO5 or 6.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
They've released one almost every year or every year and a half, it's nothing new. EO team is different than the others so they will keep making EO stuff.

EO1: 2007
EO2: 2008
EO3: 2010
EO4: 2012
EOU: 2013
I guess its the gaps between 2, 3 and 4 that threw me, whereas now it feels like we're getting three entires in less than two years

L~A

I'm going to guess:

EO2 Remake
Persona Q2 (maybe to tie-in with Persona 5)
EO3 Remake (last 3DS EO)
EO5 (launch or near launch with the next DS)

Er..... no. Persona 5 still supposed to come out this Winter. No way in hell they're going to have PQ2 out barely a few months after the original game.

As for EO5... I personally see it on 3DS, not 4DS, though that would depend when the 4DS comes out.

Er..... no. Persona 5 still supposed to come out this Winter. No way in hell they're going to have PQ2 out barely a few months after the original game.

As for EO5... I personally see it on 3DS, not 4DS, though that would depend when the 4DS comes out.

I really hope Nintendo has talked with Japanese devs about the damn 4DS, EO5 being a first year title for the new handheld would be amazing.

KarmaCow

I guess its the gaps between 2, 3 and 4 that threw me, whereas now it feels like we're getting three entires in less than two years

It's also a matter of Atlus USA going to overdrive with their localizations. The turnaround on IV was 7 months while Untold was only 3 months.

It's also a matter of Atlus USA going to overdrive. The turnaround on IV was 7 months while Untold was only 3 months.

yeah, we got EO4 and Untold the same damn year, I believe it was EO4 on February and Untold on October... that was way too fast, and now we don't have any EO this year. :(

I understand others not liking games coming out so soon, I pretty much dropped the Atelier series because I felt there was always a new game before I finished them.

EO3 is the best EO game? I haven't played that one yet, but I plan to finally get to it around Christmas (like every year).

EO3 is considered by many to be the best game of the series, it has a great story, awesome classes, and it was the game that gave us subclassing which was mindblowing back then.

Edit: Double post, haha.

Top Bottom