• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan - Official for NA - 2013

Aeana

I'm assuming that the newly added FM music mode will just be announced later, right?
I'm sure that's it.

Great news! I hope that they put a demo on the eShop.
I also hope that Soul Hackers (the Atlus title I'm more interested in of both) gets localized, too.

Q1/2 2013 for 3DS is looking amazing so far...

randomkid

Hmmm.... is it time to start freaking out about Eternal Punishment? I believe I said I would if EO4 got announced first. I think Code of Princess was out of order too though. I dunno, I wish Nich would help me out with some Positive Thinking.

Aeana

Hmmm.... is it time to start freaking out about Eternal Punishment? I believe I said I would if EO4 got announced first. I think Code of Princess was out of order too though. I dunno, I wish Nich would help me out with some Positive Thinking.
It was time to accept that EP wasn't coming long ago!

randomkid

I think we need some no-name site to email Atlus USA and get a "there are no plans to release Eternal Punishment" message like what happened with Catherine. Then a thread can be made, everyone will freak out (everyone=a couple dozen people on this messageboard), and we'll get a confirmation somehow. That's the ticket!

jorgeton

I think we need some no-name site to email Atlus USA and get a "there are no plans to release Eternal Punishment" message like what happened with Catherine. Then a thread can be made, everyone will freak out (everyone=a couple dozen people on this messageboard), and we'll get a confirmation somehow. That's the ticket!

They should just put up the PS1 version on PSN at this point.

Good to see this being localized. I'll definitely be getting this day 1. Don't want to repeat the "waiting" mistake I did with EOI-III and not being able to find them at reasonable prices after release.

mclem

I do wish I could find my EO2. I imported it ages ago, but rather than playing it I kept plugging away at the sixth stratum in the first game. When I finally *truly* beat the game and got the Town Crown... I had no idea where I'd put EO2.

Caelestis

So was this game well received back in Japan? I remember people complaining about random things as they were being revealed for the game all over the place.

I am not sure if I can jump on it yet or not. I beat the first game years ago and loved it, but it was pretty overwhelming. I couldn't make myself to finish up the second one and gave up trying around 18th floor. Never got to the third one at all. Decisions, decisions...

Javier

Tl30g.gif

So much good news today. It's gaming heaven.

What a wonderful bit of news to wake up to today! With the next game's release finally secure, it's time for me to start III. I've been saving it for years just in case EO 3DS didn't pan out.

You really think so?

Series has always interested me but the map creating stuff has always sorta made me stay away. How does that work exactly?

You craft your way thru uncharted wilds. It's far, far, far more powerful than most video game maps, plus I can't imagine playing a dungeon crawler without this robust mechanic now. Plus, EO gives you AMPLE reason to make maps. VERY ample...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You craft your way thru uncharted wilds. It's far, far, far more powerful than most video game maps, plus I can't imagine playing a dungeon crawler without this robust mechanic now. Plus, EO gives you AMPLE reason to make maps. VERY ample...

It lets you select non loli female models if you get 100% map completion????

Nice, another game off the NA Localization checklist. Hopefully Bravely Default, PL vs. AA, Project X Zone, and DQM: TW3D get announced over the next few months.

Ricker

Week One!

I skipped EOIII since I was still enjoying EOII at the time. But I am very excited to jump into EOIV.

Never finished I,EO II is still shrinkwrapped and I skipped III as well(impossible to find in the Montreal area)but I might grab this one if I ever buy a XL.

Boogiepop

Awesome. Any impressions on this one versus the previous entries? There's miniature "floors" spread around with the airship thing, right? Do they replace the normal 25
+5 extra
floor dungeon or just act as a nice extra? Would be cool to get some extra floors in an EO game.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
As nice as all the graphical improvements are, personally I felt like 3 was much more interesting in terms of character classes.

Some may complain that its "broken" but that was part of what made it fun.

The character classes in 4 are just so orthodox that its not all that interesting, personally. This was one of the first EO games where I just dropped it midway out of boredom and wandered to go play something else.

Though for fans of the series, its still a must own regardless as the graphical improvements are quite nice.

Awesome, figured this would come over. Been loving the soundtrack (probably my favorite from the series despite the shift away from chiptunes) Can't wait to play the game.

Top Bottom