• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] Mini and compact controllers announced for PS4

guyssorry

Standard DS4 is easily the best playstation controller ever. It's the only one where medial movements of both analog sticks at the same time will not result in my thumbs touching. It's also the most ergonomic dualshock controller, by a wide margin. For me, these are a huge nope.

Kuro

I have average sized hands for a 6 foot man and my hands get cramped from the large grip of the DS4 after a while so I might check one of these out. Its a shame they can't get these third party controllers wireless.

who buys wired controllers these days? there is like 1km of space between my sofa and my tv, why should I clutter the space between them with a ginormous cord?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Were people really asking for a controller smaller than the DS4?

I guess it depends on the person. DS4 fits my hands perfectly fine. It's not as small as the Sixaxis but it has the right amount of heft.

Yohane

is that a rebranded DQ11 controller?

20171008_045125_thumb.jpg

This is brilliant design.

jacobeid

Banned
If they could make one for people with big hands too that'd be greatttttttttttt as DS4 is super uncomfortable for me. Oddly enough the DS3 fit my hands better, though nobody ever believes me when I say that.

CamHostage

I like that they exist.

Miss the Days of the 100% Unofficial products.

With you. There were some CRAZY controllers on PS1 (it's too bad that these official controllers all seem locked to the PS analog stick arrangement instead of offering an Xbox choice ... for those who are maniacs and prefer controllers without symmetry,) and controllers and peripherals got staid when Sony/MS locked the consoles up. They also got expensive, I welcome options.

So the Nacon one can display some of the game's info on the controller LED itself?
I wonder which games are compatible with it.
Its just the lightbar on the front like the Pro/Slim DS4s.

Huh? The lightbar can "display in-game information such as your player number or health status in compatible games"? I remember the lightbar did something like pulse with the motion tracker in Alien: Isolation, not sure how else it's been used.

Loudninja

The Mini Wired Gamepad is coming to NA as well
We're pleased to introduce a new controller from Hori, the officially licensed Mini Wired Gamepad for PlayStation 4, designed with younger gamers in mind. This controller is 40% smaller than the DualShock 4 and has a simple form factor with a flat design that makes it easy to fit into smaller hands. Best of all, the controller has a low price of $29.99 USD (MSRP) / $39.99 CAD (MSRP), making it a great purchase for companion play on games like Knack 2.

The Mini Wired Gamepad provides the essential functions to play most PS4 games while still providing a great gaming experience — that includes the right and left sticks, R1/L1/R2/L2 buttons, directional buttons, and action buttons. Certain touch pad inputs can be simulated via the left or right sticks.
The wired controller includes a 10ft cable, making for an easy plug-and-play experience. While this controller does not include some features of DualShock 4, including a touch pad, light bar, stereo headset jack, speaker, vibration, or motion sensing, it comes at a great value and helps open gaming to the whole family. Find out more about the gamepad here.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/10/18/introducing-the-mini-wired-gamepad-for-ps4/

Newk86

So it's December, any impressions on these things yet? Kind of interested in this Nacon compact wired one but they don't seem to be as cheap or readily available as I was hoping/expecting.

71fjyu9aW3L._SL1500_.jpg

Top Bottom